Sign in to follow this  
Polar

Earnmore

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3552314,00.html

So... is it us, Notts Forest or Cardiff?

or someone else....

go on conspiracy theorists, how have the board failed us with us not putting a bid in quick enough

[quote user="Polar"]http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3552314,00.html

So... is it us, Notts Forest or Cardiff?

or someone else....

go on conspiracy theorists, how have the board failed us with us not putting a bid in quick enough
[/quote]

Well, if Earnless has a clause in his contract (similar to what he had when he was here) - that if anyone comes in with an offer of  £25 to £30 quid; we have a distinct possibility of getting him here. He''ll have to ditch the ''Hummer'' though.....Maybe the club will let him have one of those Carra Golf Buggy''s to drive around in?

If you think about it derby probably still owe us money for the original transfer in terms of installments so we should in theory be able to get him here on the ''cheap'' for both clubs...

Thats a good point. I imagine that they would have paid us, say 50% and the rest on other bonuses etc. I would still have him here. He can get you 25 goals a season and is dangerous.

I''d love to see him back here, but it''s not gonna happen. He''s going home to Cardiff & I don''t blame him for wanting to go back to where he''s worshiped. A bit like Hucks here.

[quote user="TheRatAxe"]We wont get anybody anywhere near as good as Earnie, would have been a great signing .[/quote]

Agreed!

[quote user="Iwan is God"]I''d love to see him back here, but it''s not gonna happen. He''s going home to Cardiff & I don''t blame him for wanting to go back to where he''s worshiped. A bit like Hucks here.[/quote]I think the words "Derby accept Earnshaw Bid" rules out Cardiff doesn''t it, seeing as they have no money at all?

[quote user="MK Canary"][quote user="Iwan is God"]I''d love to see him back here, but it''s not gonna happen. He''s going home to Cardiff & I don''t blame him for wanting to go back to where he''s worshiped. A bit like Hucks here.[/quote]

I think the words "Derby accept Earnshaw Bid" rules out Cardiff doesn''t it, seeing as they have no money at all?
[/quote]

Thats what I was thinking. Cardiff are/were very close to administration so where they can get money from to buy him I don''t know.

I should imagine that they are about to make quite a bit of cash from a game they have coming up.

Without having any prejudice I trully do not believe Earnshaw is the actual type of player Norwich City Need. There would be whole games where you wouldn''t even know Earnshaw was on the pitch, a fantastic finisher but did no legwork for the team.

The reason that teams like Bristol City have prospered this season is because of the tremendous team ethic, we need workers who will not just play for 45 mins.

We should be looking for power and presence up front, for once let Norwich forwards bully the opposition, maybe even score a goal from a corner!

[quote user="Destort"]

Without having any prejudice I trully do not believe Earnshaw is the actual type of player Norwich City Need. There would be whole games where you wouldn''t even know Earnshaw was on the pitch, a fantastic finisher but did no legwork for the team.

The reason that teams like Bristol City have prospered this season is because of the tremendous team ethic, we need workers who will not just play for 45 mins.

We should be looking for power and presence up front, for once let Norwich forwards bully the opposition, maybe even score a goal from a corner!

[/quote]

agreed Destort.. we need a Iwan roberts type... yet another case for Adebola Imo...

jas :)

Have heard from a reliable source that he would come back here. His missus still lives here as she is a Norfolk lass and doesn''t want to leave. Earnshaw left because he thought Grant was "a really nice man". [:P]

[quote user="chicken"]Have heard from a reliable source that he would come back here. His missus still lives here as she is a Norfolk lass and doesn''t want to leave. Earnshaw left because he thought Grant was "a really nice man". [:P][/quote]if true... awesome.

source?

[quote user="Polar"][quote user="chicken"]Have heard from a reliable source that he would come back here. His missus still lives here as she is a Norfolk lass and doesn''t want to leave. Earnshaw left because he thought Grant was "a really nice man". [:P][/quote]if true... awesome.

source?[/quote]Ahhh but that would be telling. But its not one of those Chinese whispers - its well known that his misses lives here - and he is not liked by Jewell is he?

[quote user="chicken"]Have heard from a reliable source that he would come back here. His missus still lives here as she is a Norfolk lass and doesn''t want to leave. Earnshaw left because he thought Grant was "a really nice man". [:P]
[/quote]

no.. Earnshaw left out of greed due to a clause in his contract

jas :)

Ignore my previous posts and I apologise to those who have said he is coming back.  Have heard that we have made a bid for him (whether this is the 2m accepted or a counter bid I am not sure) and another player mentioned regularly recently on this board.  Whether we get them or not is anyones guess but there are def bids in.

If we manage to land him, I do a back somersault, even if it gets me to hospital[:)]

He''s a proven goalscorer, and although his work ethics is second to anyone''s, if Roeder is willing to build a team around him (something not every manager of his had realised he had to/was willing to do) he might work wonders. He better do.

You can forget it if its over a tenner, we ain''t got any money,  so stop torturing yourself, you''ll only end up being disappointed...........again![:S]

[quote user="lappinitup"]If he does come back it''ll be the end of Jamie wiz !   [:''(][/quote]

It won''t happen Lapps.

City fans need to wake up real quick to the truth that the board has squandered millions over the last few years on bad decisions, there''s simply no real money available to spend.

I see no hard evidence, apart from the desperate rumours made by a few wannabee message board hero''s, that thats about to change soon!.

We''re as good as broke in real terms.

Forget Earnie. He''s off to Forest just around the corner. He doesn''t fit in with Roeder''s Pace & Power plan being only 4''7" tall. Just as well IMO. Too similar to Jamie (just better).