Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

Click and Smudger.........where are you ?

[quote user="ricardo"]

[quote user="Web Team - Vince"]Cluck.

Persistant aggravation, taking threads off topic.

Although he deserved an award for his Neil Cluckcaster avatar.
[/quote]

Seems a bit extreme to me Pete.

I thought this was a free country.

[/quote]

Agreed Ricardo.

To me it seems like Archant got cold feet and buckled to a sourpuss. Cock-a-doodle-doo.........

Cluck, cluck, cluck.

Be warned you closet binners. Percy is on the march.

OTBC 

Cluck was a miserable old so and so who never had anything good to say about the club. I thought Smudger made the odd good point but it is disappointing that certain fans only post when there are negative things happening. Mr Whittle''s posts seem to have dropped off of late too.

At least the likes of Bly Bly Babes and 1st Wizard manage to contribute towards the more positive threads on here.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]Smudger not plainly insult people? He/she/it was the worst of the lot for unpleasant vitriol and abuse on a regular basis to anyone who disagreed. Almost every attempt at proper debate got sidetracked into personal tirades and I would reckon it put a lot of people off. Good riddance to both.[/quote]

Could not agree more, I really can''t understand how he gets away with the name-calling and insults. If anyone was banned it should have been him.

[quote user="ricardo"]

[quote user="Web Team - Vince"]Cluck.Persistant aggravation, taking threads off topic.Although he deserved an award for his Neil Cluckcaster avatar.[/quote]

[/quote]Yeh but this isn''t a country, it''s a messageboard provided by the pinkun, if you don''t like their moderation, then thats just tough I''m afraid.Personally I couldn''t care less about either of them, but of the two I would have banned Smudger, at least Cluck seemed to actually like the club and enjoy a win, Smudger is a complete joke.

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"]

Cluck was a miserable old so and so who never had anything good to say about the club. I thought Smudger made the odd good point but it is disappointing that certain fans only post when there are negative things happening. Mr Whittle''s posts seem to have dropped off of late too.

At least the likes of Bly Bly Babes and 1st Wizard manage to contribute towards the more positive threads on here.

[/quote]

lets ban everyone who dont agree with you percys, then you can all play happy families and sell each other tinted glasses. We are all fans on here, just with different views.

[quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="ricardo"]

[quote user="Web Team - Vince"]Cluck.Persistant aggravation, taking threads off topic.Although he deserved an award for his Neil Cluckcaster avatar.[/quote]

[/quote]Yeh but this isn''t a country, it''s a messageboard provided by the pinkun, if you don''t like their moderation, then thats just tough I''m afraid.Personally I couldn''t care less about either of them, but of the two I would have banned Smudger, at least Cluck seemed to actually like the club and enjoy a win, Smudger is a complete joke.[/quote]I agree, cluck was at least entertaining, as for the other guy, he just made me feel sorry for him (hope his medication is kicking in)

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeh but this isn''t a country, it''s a messageboard provided by the pinkun, if you don''t like their moderation, then thats just tough I''m afraid.

Personally I couldn''t care less about either of them, but of the two I would have banned Smudger, at least Cluck seemed to actually like the club and enjoy a win, Smudger is a complete joke.
[/quote]

Ahhh!

The erudite insight of our resident academic.

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeh but this isn''t a country, it''s a messageboard provided by the pinkun, if you don''t like their moderation, then thats just tough I''m afraid.

Personally I couldn''t care less about either of them, but of the two I would have banned Smudger, at least Cluck seemed to actually like the club and enjoy a win, Smudger is a complete joke.
[/quote]

I would prefer that this forum remains a place for lively discussion from all viewpoints no matter how controversial they may be.

If people are going to ban somebody just because they have a minority view then all we will end up with will be a mutual back slapping society.

It''s a sad day when we have to start banning people just because we don''t like their attitude.

Cheers Pete, and thanks for not assassinating me............yet. I shall be steering clear of any Paris tunnels for a few weeks though, just in case you change your mind.

I quite liked Cluck. He was an acquired taste I''ll admit, but once you took a step back and ''got'' the joke he was very funny. Unlike Smudger who was simply annoying.

[quote user="ricardo"]

I would prefer that this forum remains a place for lively discussion from all viewpoints no matter how controversial they may be.

If people are going to ban somebody just because they have a minority view then all we will end up with will be a mutual back slapping society.

It''s a sad day when we have to start banning people just because we don''t like their attitude.

[/quote]His banning had nothing to do with his minority opinion though, as the mods have said, and to me it seems he was banned because he acted like a t*t half the time.After all Ricardo, did you not agree with his view point most of the time? and you are still able to post here are you not?But don''t let these facts get in the way of some peoples ridiculus conspiricy theories...The only problem I have is why was Cluck banned for these reasons and Smudger not?

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Ahhh!

The erudite insight of our resident academic.

OTBC

[/quote]Someone''s been making use of their Thesaurus [;)]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think you might be missing the point here Ricardo. Nobody has been banned for having a minority view. They have been banned for their abusive and counter productive interference.

It is possible to have opposing views and disagree without the need to be like that. You prove that when you post.

[quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]That old chestnut always makes me laugh....A free country it may be (although with the present government''s apparent desire to label, number and file us all neatly by means of identity cards and biometric god knows what, its debatable, but thats another thread for another forum....)However, this is an internet forum. Its no more a free country than your local chip shop - if you went there and stood shouting to anyone that would listen that their chips were rubbish and the potatoes had no ambition, I expect you''d get treated like a nutter. Its no different here.I repeat, internet forums are not countries, and if they were, they wouldn''t be free ones. More like semi-benevolant dictatorships.Hope thats cleared things up.

[quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

He wasn''t banned for that, was he? It was his behaviour towards other members on this board.

Though I''m amazed that Smudger escaped a ban as he is far, far worse in this department. At least Cluck was funny even if he sometimes went about it the wrong way.

I had no idea Cluck had been banned and I think it''s a shame.

I would imagine it''s something to do with that little link at the bottom right hand corner of the posts that say''s "report".

I think that''s there for posters with thin skins, it gives a third option after reply and ignore. There are cry babies on this forum from all points of view and it''s not difficult to work out who some of them are.

I get shedloads of abuse on here for enjoying supporting the club I love but am happy to stand my ground and would feel like a failure if I resorted to being a "cry baby".

I have no problem with either Cluck or Smudger other than what I have said to them in exchanges on here.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I would imagine it''s something to do with that little link at the bottom right hand corner of the posts that say''s "report"....

....I think that''s there for posters with thin skins, it gives a third option after reply and ignore. There are cry babies on this forum from all points of view and it''s not difficult to work out who some of them are.

[/quote]

I have hovered over that "report" button as well, not because I have been deeply offended, but because I think that this Forum has a certain standard which I think some FMs have breached in the past. There are other Forums dedicated to NCFC (not too far away) where you can swear and cuss as much as you like, only thing is I don''t think the likes of Cluck and Smudger have got the backbone to go there as regulars.

[quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It''s a free country, but this is an Archant-can-do-whatever-they-bloody-well-like kinda message board.

They have the right to moderate anything they like... and fair play, if it even just boils down to keeping the quality up and the rubbish down.

[quote user="yellowngreen"]

Jimmy 

Nice A***

[/quote]Sadly for Jimmy, looks like Jordan Capri, not his girlfriend.Although I am grateful for the Web team getting rid of Cluck, as the board often just turned into petty wars, I will miss him, as some of them were very funny.

[quote user="Fellas"]Click was a bit of t*** pot. Smudger at least doesn''t plainly insult people and actually has contructed some well thought-out posts recently (well before he dissapeared again).
[/quote]

Will second that. He was nothing but rude when I first started posting on here. And it didnt change much thereafter.

Well done web team.

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Stevie Wonder"]

[/quote]

lets ban everyone who dont agree with you percys, then you can all play happy families and sell each other tinted glasses. We are all fans on here, just with different views.

[/quote]

Thats not actually what he said. Cluck it seems was banned because of his bad attitude towards other posters and the forum staff. I do also have to agree with others that its amazing Smudger hasn''t followed him.

Someones negative viewpoint isn''t a banning offense. If it was surely yourself, Ricardo, Whittle etc (maybe even me at times) would''ve been banned long ago.

Yawn, how predictable.

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Stevie Wonder"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Having a viewpoint is fine.  Clucks aim was not discussion, nor is smudgers.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="ricardo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Gotta love that this thread has gone on for 4 pages.   I bet Smidger and Clunk are still viewing this website and laughing at this thread.

I never personally had a problem with Cluck... his opinion was his opinion.. fiar play to him at the end of the day...

I thought he''d been banned for threatening someones life? or a really bad comment? or doing an emily Pankhurst and chaining himself to that funny golden apple thing at Archant Towers determined to make himself heard!

I''d let him back after a short time away.. give him a chance to apologise and bury the hatchet... We all get given another chance when we make mistakes.. and as has been said on here by others in this thread cluck wasnt the worst poster for personal attacks..

I could name someone else who is continually allowed to post on here despite failing to insult me on a regular basis.. he knows who he is.. and im sure the Mods do too... u cant have 1 rule for "Peter" and 1 rule for "Paul"... why is this poster afforded different treatment to Cluckles?

I for one hope cluck comes back one day and contributes to the board... some people might be offended by him but if he can rein it in a bit and argue his point articulately im sure he could really contribute to here..

jas :)

I don''t participate in discussions on here very often now because to be honest I think most of the posters are silly. For me this is illustrated by the large number of you who support Cluck being banned. My understanding is that he was banned because of his provocative posts and if that is the case I could not disagree more. What''s the matter with you all ? If you don''t like someones opinion then you have a choice  - you can just ignore it. Why ban someone from a discussion forum just because you don''t agree with the content of their posts ? Neither Smudger''s nor Cluck''s posts were obscene, racist, violent etc so what was the problem ? For my part, I used to enjoy the reaction that their posts provoked in some of you and I couldn''t understand why you were so easy for Smudger and Cluck to reel in. Most of the threads on here are pretty boring anyway and some of Clucks and Smudger''s posts served to wake everybody up. 

[/quote]

I''d prefer to interpret that as persistant statements of ones personal views & opinions on threads & topics that nearly always flew/fly off on a tangent anyway - you make it sound as though Cluck was the single culprit here who ever strayed within the realms of discourse - how about banning all those members who persistantly start fresh threads on topics that are already in abundance at any given time?

So which lily-livered, nanny state loving eunuch actually pushed the report button then? If you/they are incapable of reading & contributing to an internet message board that offers differing opinions to your own without resorting to the request of having individuals removed, then why are you even here? It also defies belief that people could actually be offended by anything that anybody has ever stated at this site.

I suppose it was always inevitable that even localised media such as Archant would tow the line by bowing to the needs of, nay, pamper the insanity of those who crave excessive political correctness with its inherent condemnation of free speech, but really, what a sad sign of the times.

The reasons given for banning Cluck are weak and I personally think that both the whistle blower/s & the web team who decided to impose this superfluous ban should have a rethink and consider lifting it.

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"]

Thats not actually what he said. Cluck it seems was banned because of his bad attitude towards other posters and the forum staff. I do also have to agree with others that its amazing Smudger hasn''t followed him. [/quote]

Presume by bad attitude towards the moderators you mean that he was as nasty to them as he was to some of the posters.

The mods seem a fair and reasonable bunch to me, can''t see they would ban anyone without provocation or giving them several warnings first.