Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Re: GARY DOHERTY (split from thread: SHOULD WE HAVE A NEW STATUE?)

[quote user="Foggo_on_the wing"][quote user="Marmite"]

A bronze statue of Gary Doherty in mid-hoof with the accompanying bronze football ball placed in Morrison''s car park.

[/quote]

Sad

[/quote]

Agreed, Foggo.  Cultured the Doc is not, but effective and a 100% effort player - just the kind of player we should cheer in these relatively dark times with primadonnas and prospective loan players who "can''t be bothered".  Sadly, some people believe supporting the team means criticising individuals, which is nonsensical.

By the way, re previous discussions, I meant to recommend a book to you: have you read "Pastoralia" by George Saunders?  Give it a go.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Foggo_on_the wing"][quote user="Marmite"]

A bronze statue of Gary Doherty in mid-hoof with the accompanying bronze football ball placed in Morrison''s car park.

[/quote]

Sad

[/quote]

Agreed, Foggo.  Cultured the Doc is not, but effective and a 100% effort player - just the kind of player we should cheer in these relatively dark times with primadonnas and prospective loan players who "can''t be bothered".  Sadly, some people believe supporting the team means criticising individuals, which is nonsensical.

By the way, re previous discussions, I meant to recommend a book to you: have you read "Pastoralia" by George Saunders?  Give it a go.

[/quote]

While some beleive that supporting players who a good percentage of the crowd have more footballing ability than is the way to move this club forwards.

If I saw the Donkey in the City then I would tell him how crap he was to his face, that he was a disgrace to the yellow & green shirt and one of the major reasons why I can''t be arsed to trundle along to Carrow Road at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon despite supporting the club for 26 years.

Face it he is crap and anybody that don''t realise that just ain''t got the first clue about football!!!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Foggo_on_the wing"][quote user="Marmite"]

[/quote]

Sad

[/quote]

[/quote]

i just ain''t got the first clue about football!!!

[/quote]

Would have to agree there. A couple of seasons ago i had serious reservations about the Doc, but this season he has done the business, and was brilliant in the two games i''ve seen him play (which of course you wouldn''t know about). The stats don''t lie either.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Smudger"]

If I saw the Donkey in the City then I would tell him how crap he was to his face, that he was a disgrace to the yellow & green shirt and one of the major reasons why I can''t be arsed to trundle along to Carrow Road at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon despite supporting the club for 26 years.

[/quote]

So - you support the club but don''t go to games because you don''t like one player?

You really are a muppet.  Doc has been quality this season.  My only regret is sharing a stadium with seemingly a thousand vocal morons who have a slightly less extreme (but no less pathetic) view than yourself.

[/quote]

Yawn, yawn you are as boring as watching the Donkey himself!!!

I feel sorry for poor suckers like you who get fleeced to watch players that aren''t even good enough to represent a Conference side.

Even I would run rings around the Doc... and that really is saying something.

Played for a team that was relegated and a team that has yet to finish in the top half of a very poor league since... yeah the facts speak for themselves.

If this club ever does move forwards again then Doc will have long gone... hopefully he will of taken a few of his idiotic fans with him!!!

[/quote]

I was enjoying my time here whilst you were away, very peaceful, when you next going away?

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Foggo_on_the wing"][quote user="Marmite"]

[/quote]

Sad

[/quote]

[/quote]

While some beleive that supporting players who a good percentage of the crowd have more footballing ability than is the way to move this club forwards.

Face it he is crap and anybody that don''t realise that just ain''t got the first clue about football!!!

[/quote]

How can u comment on the Doc, u aint seen him play in yrs! ooooh i would love a 50/50 challenge with you [;)]

[/quote]

Sad

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Firstly "beleive" - I before E except after C.....Secondly, as we are on definitions of support, the ones that are the most irritating are those who consider supporting the team to be criticising everything and anything about the club, justified or not, and considers confronting a player who has always done his best for the club and telling him he is useless, a good idea, and beneficial for anyone.....Yeah he isn''t Ronaldinho,but he has always given 100%.... Personally i am not a Doc fan and think he is too error prone.... but the fact that you would be so petulant to confront him if you saw him is a sad indictment on your  limited mental capacity, and your  general demeanour.....I thought the main reasons were Delia, Doncaster.... Or is it now anyone associated with the club?GET IN - 1-0 - CHEDDY BOY!!!!!  Take it you''ll be off now Smudger?

[quote user="Smudger"]

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

[/quote]

Doherty has rarely put a foot wrong under Roeder, and is a player who thrives on confidence, which he has in abundance at the moment, hence his great performances. I think it''s sad that some people make a deliberate effort to have a go at particular players who are more affected by criticism. Its just playground bully-syndrome - you don''t see anyone have a go at other players anywhere near as much and i think part of it is because doc is seen as an easy target.

i for one think he is already a great city player who i hope will be at the club for many years to come.

Leave that 50-50 to me... I have a combination of being very big and very fast.

Or maybe we could do a 25-25-50 in our favour...

[/quote]

Sad

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

glad someone like you doesnt come on a saturday!

the doc may not be the best defender in the world but he is not half as bad as people on here say he is!

as long as he plays in a yellow and green shirt i will support him!

x

smudger if you ever say that to doc in the street i hope he gives you the andy hughes treatment and offers to take your effing  head off  , it would be more popular then him scoring a hatrick against the scum :-)

[quote user="gcb...norwich"]YAWN YAWN YAWN...Another anti Doc post!!! FFS keep it a rest[/quote]

I think you''ll find, if you took the time to read the original post properly, that it was a pro-Doc post which has been hi-jacked by the numpty aka Smudger.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]How about a statue of Smudger outside the Riverside Swimming Pool?[/quote]

How about the real thing, on a concrete plinth, located in the deep end? [;)]

[quote user="ched seven"]smudger if you ever say that to doc in the street i hope he gives you the andy hughes treatment and offers to take your effing  head off  , it would be more popular then him scoring a hatrick against the scum :-)[/quote]Ched seven - classic!

[quote user="James Maloney"]When did you last watch him play, Smudger?
It is a leading question, but humour me.
[/quote]

I have never seen him play... quite simply because he can''t James.

Hope that answers your question for you?

PS - If you could find somebody, anybody, anywhere, who has ever seen the Doc play FOOTBALL then please take there name and number and remember to write them down in the history books... [;)]

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Foggo_on_the wing"][quote user="Marmite"]

[/quote]

Sad

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Firstly "beleive" - I before E except after C.....

Secondly, as we are on definitions of support, the ones that are the most irritating are those who consider supporting the team to be criticising everything and anything about the club, justified or not, and considers confronting a player who has always done his best for the club and telling him he is useless, a good idea, and beneficial for anyone.....

Yeah he isn''t Ronaldinho,but he has always given 100%.... Personally i am not a Doc fan and think he is too error prone.... but the fact that you would be so petulant to confront him if you saw him is a sad indictment on your  limited mental capacity, and your  general demeanour.....

I thought the main reasons were Delia, Doncaster.... Or is it now anyone associated with the club?

GET IN - 1-0 - CHEDDY BOY!!!!!  Take it you''ll be off now Smudger?
[/quote]

oh impeccably put... next time I need a spell-checker to consult when editing typo''s on a message board forum I will give you a call... you could obviously do with something to occupy your time???

Cheddy Boy... LOL... [:$]

[quote user="Kolin Kob"]

[quote user="Smudger"]

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

[/quote]

Doherty has rarely put a foot wrong under Roeder, and is a player who thrives on confidence, which he has in abundance at the moment, hence his great performances. I think it''s sad that some people make a deliberate effort to have a go at particular players who are more affected by criticism. Its just playground bully-syndrome - you don''t see anyone have a go at other players anywhere near as much and i think part of it is because doc is seen as an easy target.

i for one think he is already a great city player who i hope will be at the club for many years to come.

[/quote]

Is that the same playground bully tactics coming from those who are constantly having a go at Huckerby & Cureton at the moment?

Two players who have achieved far more at this club than the Doc will ever do if he stays here until he is 55 (what a dreadful thought)... [+o(]

[quote user="ched seven"]smudger if you ever say that to doc in the street i hope he gives you the andy hughes treatment and offers to take your effing  head off  , it would be more popular then him scoring a hatrick against the scum :-)[/quote]

More chance of him scoring a hatrick against the scum too...

He is that slow he couldn''t catch a cold!!!  [:P]

An argument in the defence of gary doherty - whilst under the management of peter grant I think doc''s confidence was very low, however, since glen roeder has been in charge his game has improved mainly because he is a confidence player, his reading of the game is better, he hardly ever misses a header, some of the tackles and blocks he gets in are impressive, did you see how well he handled steve howard in the leicester game howard hardly touched the ball because doc was there first!! he is brave to a fault and always gives 100% to the team nothing less, his two main faults are; as we all know, his distribution out of defence leaves a bit to be desired and if he does get turned by a player with pace then he does have a problem making up the lost ground and tends to foul the player hopefully before any damage is done!!  However, malky mackay and going back even further duncan forbes neither of them were exactly quick but they did not have to take the ''stick'' that gary doherty has had to but would you question their committment....no because that''s what got them through the game at times, like doc.  Obviously doc does not commarnd the team like malky, big dunc or dion he is not that type of person.

What can not be denied is that gary doherty has been an integral part of the teams recent upturn in form and results, has the teams'' form dipped since the departure of tiny taylor?......no. 

As for ''certain'' posters comments - how can they be so critical of a player that by their own admission they have not seen play recently? and then threaten to be abusive to them if they met them in the street?  Obviously enjoys the attention that is atracted by being very out spoken!!

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t think that does answer his question, actually. Perhaps it should be rephrased slightly - when was the last time you (a) went to see Norwich play and (b) went when Doherty was on the pitch?

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t think that does answer his question, actually. Perhaps it should be rephrased slightly - when was the last time you (a) went to see Norwich play and (b) went when Doherty was on the pitch?

[/quote]

Suggestion - why doesn''t everyone ignore this prat and then he will go back to his sad little life and solo protests.

[quote user="Dicky"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Suggestion - why doesn''t everyone ignore this prat and then he will go back to his sad little life and solo protests.

[/quote]

Seconded.  Smudger is clearly a "look at me" clown who should be ignored.

Gary Doherty is highly improved under Roeder and part of a defence giving almost nothing away. He is a contender for player of the season - and I never imagined I would be saying that a few months ago.

I really hope you back your mouth up for a change smudger & do just that. I also hope that when you do the doc has a Bywater moment & delivers the appropriate response, Unfortunately for the majority of us I think he is to much of gentle giant to respond to such an inadiquate individual.