Sign in to follow this  
MrCanary

Paul Jewell is the man!

Jewell is the overwhelming first choice i feel and would cost us nothing! BUT even he has had the occassional failure..Sheff Wednesday for one.

Failing that Ince maybe the man.

Jewell would be far and away my choice.  Dublin as assistant would be the dream team.  Can''t help but hope, eh?

[quote user="SE London Canary"]

It has to be Paul Jewell....

1. Jewell

2. Ince

3. Martin Allen

4. Peter Taylor

[/quote]

Ince, Taylor?  Please say those are jokes?

For me the list is:

1) Jewell

2) Martin Allen - and he goes everywhere with his assistant - bye bye duffy.  The Dion as first team coach? 

3) Mike Newell

Not Peter Taylor.

We need an experienced manager who knows who he wants as his no 2 / coach already.

Bl**dy Martin Hunter left us in the preverbial

I dont get the Paul Ince thing, can you explain.  I mean he has done well, no doubt, but he has 1 years experience.  I know Paul Jewell hasnt won the European Cup or anything, but he has been around the game a while, and he has respect amongst players and managers alike.  I feel he knows what to do.  I just fear another youngester learning the ropes.  Paul would give us knowledge, and forget Gunny on the phone talking to people, try Paul Jewell, I think Harry, Sam, Sir Alex and the rest would answer pretty quickly.

I''m certain that Jewell would command a hefty-ish wage, so that''s him out of the reckoning - besides that he had plenty of money to play with at Wigan - Mike Newell had three relatively successful seasons at Luton with nothing.

Newell''s your man - but he''s not a yes man & he''s far too controversial for Delia & co.

It''s going to be the cheap option again - somebody from within the club no doubt.

I sincerely hope the Board have learned a lesson and don''t rely on on Duffy to garner a couple of decent results.

We need an experienced manager asap.

Experience is the key and neither allen nor ince have enough for us at the moment and would be the right people at the wrong time.

Jewell would be fab, and I am not averse to Warnock either.  Bruce is already employed.  

I say we go balls out for Aidy Boothroyd, that really would be a signal of intent.  Plus he knows the place, knows the fans and more importantly will remember the youngsters who are now coming through.

I say go for it regardless of cost.  He will be tempted because everything about is geared up for the Premier League.  In fairness to Watford they will never be a big club, we on the other hand could be (potentially).

There''s going to be a lot of unhappy people if it''s not Jewell.

Let''s hope he actually wants the job, otherwise you lot will be slaughtering the new appointment before he''s even started and giving "The Board''s got no ambition".

[quote user="jimmy500"]

I say we go balls out for Aidy Boothroyd, that really would be a signal of intent.  Plus he knows the place, knows the fans and more importantly will remember the youngsters who are now coming through.

I say go for it regardless of cost.  He will be tempted because everything about is geared up for the Premier League.  In fairness to Watford they will never be a big club, we on the other hand could be (potentially).

[/quote]

Aidy Boothroyd is quite a good call actually and i think he would come.

Why on earth would Aidy Boothroyd swap a Watford team at the top of the Championship with two years of parachute payments to spend for a Norwich team at the bottom who are skint?

[quote user="Shack Attack"]Why on earth would Aidy Boothroyd swap a Watford team at the top of the Championship with two years of parachute payments to spend for a Norwich team at the bottom who are skint?[/quote]

Agree with everything you say.  But put the current situation aside for now and look at the bigger picture.  Bigger stadium, better training facilities, better fan base and potentially a new major shareholder with cash. 

My suggestion is all about potential.  If you look at the current situation only then no-one will want to come.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]Why on earth would Aidy Boothroyd swap a Watford team at the top of the Championship with two years of parachute payments to spend for a Norwich team at the bottom who are skint?[/quote]

So you think Watford has more potential than Norwich? Bolton finished higher than Newcastle last year but that didnt stop big sam leaving for a dire Newcastle team, why? Because of the potential. Im sure you just try to argue with me for the sake of it shack, if thats the case you have a lot of growing up to do my man.

I agree Paul Jewell an experienced manager needed, to work with dion would be my choice

If money was no object I reckon Jose Morinho but thats a dream

1. Paul Jewell

2 Stuart Pearce

3 Paul Ince

4 Steve Clarke

Do not want:

Peter Taylor

Glenn Hoddle

Mike Newell

The reason I doubt Bothroyd would come now is that he has a safe job at a club with much better promotion prospects and also he left Norwich a few years back under something of a cloud as I seem to recall.

jewell the best option but probably unrealistic. We should at least try though and not sell ourselves short this time. The shortlist last time was totally underwheling. Wherever we may be in the league right now this is a big job and there will be decent managers interested.

[quote user="Desert Fox"]Dont be silly - he is waiting for the Bolton job to become available, which wont be long by the looks of it.[/quote]

Birmingham City job is more likely... he''ll go there as they have money... we dont...

jas :)

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

So you think Watford has more potential than Norwich? Bolton finished higher than Newcastle last year but that didnt stop big sam leaving for a dire Newcastle team, why? Because of the potential. Im sure you just try to argue with me for the sake of it shack, if thats the case you have a lot of growing up to do my man.

[/quote]

Don''t flatter yourself love!

I don''t know Aidy Boothroyd but my guess is that his ultimate aim is to manage in The Premiership on a permanent basis. Now if he gets Watford promoted this year and maybe keeps them up next season his chances of a larger Premiership employing him will increase greatly. If he comes here, and under the current board he''ll have no money to spend, he could well end up with a relegation on his CV if he doesn''t watch out. Why would he risk screwing up his career just because we have "potential".

IMO Big Sam left Bolton for Newcastle because he knew he''d have more money to spend rather than the fact that they get bigger crowds. Also, I would suggest that the difference in potential between Bolton and Newcastle is a lot larger than it is between Norwich and Watford.

What I really don''t understand is how you can constantly tell us what a mess our club is in and then turn around and expect us to poach one of the brightest young managers in the country. Surely the two don''t match.

[quote user="mattscousin"]RICKY MARTIN IS YOUR MAN, LIVING LA VIDA LOCA EXEMPT, HE HAS DONE WELL SINCE COMING HERE. BIT LIKE AIDY BOTHROYD[/quote]

I hope you''re joking. Martin''s doing well within the lower reaches of the club, but he''s totally inexperienced in first-team matters which is not what we want.

Jewell for me, can''t see why anyone thinks he''d want Dublin as his assistant, he would want to bring his own staff in. I think the new manager will be promised money to spend, if it''s enough then Jewell could be tempted.

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

Don''t flatter yourself love!

I don''t know Aidy Boothroyd but my guess is that his ultimate aim is to manage in The Premiership on a permanent basis. Now if he gets Watford promoted this year and maybe keeps them up next season his chances of a larger Premiership employing him will increase greatly. If he comes here, and under the current board he''ll have no money to spend, he could well end up with a relegation on his CV if he doesn''t watch out. Why would he risk screwing up his career just because we have "potential".

IMO Big Sam left Bolton for Newcastle because he knew he''d have more money to spend rather than the fact that they get bigger crowds. Also, I would suggest that the difference in potential between Bolton and Newcastle is a lot larger than it is between Norwich and Watford.

What I really don''t understand is how you can constantly tell us what a mess our club is in and then turn around and expect us to poach one of the brightest young managers in the country. Surely the two don''t match.

[/quote]

Off the pitch we are twice the club that Watford is.  Bigger and better in every way.  The only difference is that they have a great manager and have had a purple patch of quality youngsters that has generated considerable amounts of cash.

Also if the Turners do take on more control I reckon they will allocate money for the new manager to spend.

Yes the club is in a mess today.  But with the possibility of board room upheaval and a new manager there is no reason why we cant sort ourselves out.  After all there are many clubs considerably worse off than us and not too many in a better state (players and form aside).