Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

At least give the Turners a fair chance!

To do otherwise is questionable at least.

You all know I don''t like Smith and Jones, but IF they DO sell their shares as reported, then we must cut the Turners some slack................and trust them until we know different.

Thats fair init?.[:D]

Agreed 1st Wiz. If Smith & Jones do sell to the Turners, they''d then own circa 60% of NCFC. They''ll be in a no win situation a some people would still moan.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

You all know I don''t like Smith and Jones, but IF they DO sell their shares as reported, then we must cut the Turners some slack................and trust them until we know different.

[/quote]

Not for me thanks Wiz.......As i said in another thread the last thing we need is another couple pretending to be football club owners. We need a complete clearout,right down from the tea lady! Ok so the turners gave the club £2mil (aparently) and that hasnt even touched the sides of our debt. Nope,not for me! We need flesh blood with new ideas!

Smiff n jones out and take the turnips with ya!

Some people always have to have a target Wiz, it makes them feel better. If it''s not the Turners it''ll be the ballboys or the stadium announcer who is responsible for dragging the club down to wherever it might be................

[quote user="TwoSheds"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

Not for me thanks Wiz.......As i said in another thread the last thing we need is another couple pretending to be football club owners. We need a complete clearout,right down from the tea lady! Ok so the turners gave the club £2mil (aparently) and that hasnt even touched the sides of our debt. Nope,not for me! We need flesh blood with new ideas!

[/quote]

You make it sound as if they have been part of the bored for the last 10 years?

As far as i''m concered they are new to NFC and will no doubt have fresh idea''s and investment if they are to become major shareholders at some point. The fact that you don''t like the Turners because there a married couple and nothing else tells me that you haven''t got a clue about these people and what they can and can''t do for this club, yet you wont even give them a chance.. Pfft there is no pleaseing you people although I can''t say it''s any skin of my nose.

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"]The turners could not mess the club up anymore than smith and jones have!
So they would have my full support.
[/quote]

You''re obviously too young to remember 1957 then ?[;)]

[quote user="Cluck "]Bloody Turners?  What have they ever done for the club?.........[/quote]

Nothing YET, but firstly if they become majority shareholders the 2million won''t be a ''loan''. They also have lots more money to inject into the club, if they so wish.

Ok,i suppose i have been a bit harsh on the turners.

I will give them a chance ........................................... ............................................... No Chance!

[quote user="TwoSheds"]

Ok,i suppose i have been a bit harsh on the turners.

I will give them a chance ........................................... ............................................... No Chance!

[/quote]

How do you know their not acting on behalf of another far richer benefactor? *cough* Cullum *cough*

If we as fans apparently have so much power and influence regarding NCFC affairs then be careful what you say about them as it could mess up any deal going through. You don''t have to be all smiles of course but just remember that. It may not be the case but we will never know until somethings actually announced. Heres hoping anyway.

Welcome back wiz. When you signed off yesterday you said you wouldn''t be around for a few weeks.

Did you change your mind ?   [:D]

Anyway, to the point. Of course they have to be given time. Assuming their takeover is announced at the AGM no SANE person is going to be calling for their heads if results don''t improve in the first handful of games.

You''ll probably get a few disgruntled murmurings on here but when you read some of the offerings now you have to question the sanity of the few !!   [;)]

Would it not be sensible to actually give them a chance and see what develops?  But I suppose that would mean engaging brain before typing this drivel. 

[quote user="TwoSheds"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If the Turners are interested in taking a leading role in the club then all good and well. They appear from the surface to have been very successful in business and amassed a vast fortune in a relative short period of time. Surely that would even make the more pessimist/realistic fans on this forum happy in the short term!

However whether they see Norwich as hobby or a business that needs to run on a business level might dictate their perceived welcome. Even people of their wealth probably do not have the spare cash in bank to just bank roll new players like the Russian at Chelsea. They are not in his league in financial clout.

Still if they can clear the debt and bring in new funds and maybe tempt that other big financial hitter in who''s a Canary fan, then the future my start to look brighter. As for Delia, well I hope she continues to have some input into the clubs off the field catering etc and has a part, albeit smaller part to play in the future. They did their best IMHO and I hold them no grudge. Event dear boy we are all controlled by!

[quote user="hogesar"]

[quote user="Cluck "]Bloody Turners?  What have they ever done for the club?.........[/quote]

Nothing YET, but firstly if they become majority shareholders the 2million won''t be a ''loan''. They also have lots more money to inject into the club, if they so wish.

[/quote]

Expect nothing more than Mrs.Turner changing the curtains and carpets....and Mr.Turner being busy selling insurance policies (with redundancy cover) to the players.

They aren''t what we need. They are just some more la de da pals of Smith cosying up to their celebrity friend and joining the growing number of trendy business types getting into football for the glare of the spotlight.

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="hogesar"]

[/quote]

Expect nothing more than Mrs.Turner changing the curtains and carpets....and Mr.Turner being busy selling insurance policies (with redundancy cover) to the players.

They aren''t what we need. They are just some more la de da pals of Smith cosying up to their celebrity friend and joining the growing number of trendy business types getting into football for the glare of the spotlight.

[/quote]

How do you know that? I take it you have sources to back up your claim, oh I see, your doing your usual crap and slating everyone off. Get a life.

[/quote]

[/quote]

You have little evidance to back up your comment, therefore you are just makeing negative predictions without good reason. If more fans were like you I don''t think anyone would dare touch the club. Give them a chance for christ sake before ruleing them out as a crap, that''s the least they deserve.

[/quote]

[/quote]Yes cluck, because after lengthy discussions with ''your kind of contacts'' the millionaire turners you''ve come to this conclusion, right? Let me guess, your argument go''s a little something like this: Oh no, Delia knows some rich people, KEEP THEM AWAY FROM NCFC FOR GODS SAKE! ALL WE NEED TO DO IS WAIT FOR A NEUTRAL NOBODY WITH A SPARE BILLION WILLING TO POUR IT INTO NORWICH CITY. THIS PERSON CAN NEVER HAVE BEEN MENTIONED IN THE SAME SENTENCE AS DELIA.  OH AND WE NEED THIS NOW.  OH AND THEN WHEN IT HAPPENS IM PROBABLY GOING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT IT COS IM A MISERABLE OLD MAN. YOU BLOODY SHEEP BAA BAA NEXT.... BAAA NEXT... etc etc For a minute there I thought you were just an old b****d with a chip on his shoulder that spends waaaaaay to much time on the internet but I hold up my hands, I was wrong, now I see you for the total solution that you really are.I bow before you. LEAD US OH WISE ONE.

[/quote]

[/quote]

But we don''t know thats the case do we? They could very easily be acting on behalf of a far greater power than merely being chums with Delia.

I''d certainly have them for the short term (a season or two perhaps).

[quote user="hogesar"]

[/quote]

....Why would the £2 million not then be a loan? 

The fact that the Turners would be majority shareholders would have no effect on the loan they financed as directors.

[/quote]

[/quote] Really Cluck, some of the stuff you spout is beyond belief. Let me correct your assumptions as I do happen to know the Turners (they own and run a loan/mortgage company by the way, not insurance). They are committed Norwich fans and have only just started investing in the club. They also have built up a business worth an estimated £300 million from scratch. I thought you wanted ambition at the club. They have it. Glare of the spotlight? Here? Come on, apart from when we hit the headlines during a managerial crisis, who outside Norfolk takes much notice of us football wise? A good thing maybe at present. Don''t underestimate the Turners Cluck, although if you indeed don''t live in the city at present you may not have much inside knowledge of them. They are here to stay and make our club great again. If they fail, they will at least have tried. Who would you like to see instead and who would you give some credibility to?

I''ve been in business for many years. I''ve spent a sizeable number of games alongside the people who regularly stalk the CR corporate areas. I''ve also attended a number of charity functions at CR over years....Surprising who you meet at such bashes...and how many fawn over celebrity.

Sooooo....Many of you are now looking to cling helplessly onto another life raft now the Good Ship Delia is sinking eh?  Pure desperation by those who think a wad of cash is the answer to all of their prayers....well beware. Large random investment is nowhere near as important as the credibility of it''s owner....

I''ve warned you about many things which have duly come to pass.....but it seems the rabbits remain blinded by the headlights.