Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

At least give the Turners a fair chance!

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="hogesar"]

[quote user="Cluck "]Bloody Turners?  What have they ever done for the club?.........[/quote]

Nothing YET, but firstly if they become majority shareholders the 2million won''t be a ''loan''. They also have lots more money to inject into the club, if they so wish.

[/quote]

....Why would the £2 million not then be a loan? 

The fact that the Turners would be majority shareholders would have no effect on the loan they financed as directors.

[/quote]

They can convert the loan into shares. Delias done that before I think.

fair enough cluck - what is your solution? Sounds as if Callum could be great but appears that he is tied up in his business as least in the short term.

[quote user="Cluck "]

I''ve been in business for many years. I''ve spent a sizeable number of games alongside the people who regularly stalk the CR corporate areas. I''ve also attended a number of charity functions at CR over years....Surprising who you meet at such bashes...and how many fawn over celebrity.

Sooooo....Many of you are now looking to cling helplessly onto another life raft now the Good Ship Delia is sinking eh?  Pure desperation by those who think a wad of cash is the answer to all of their prayers....well beware. Large random investment is nowhere near as important as the credibility of it''s owner....

I''ve warned you about many things which have duly come to pass.....but it seems the rabbits remain blinded by the headlights.

[/quote]Errrm that was in reply to what exactly?

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="hogesar"]

[quote user="Cluck "]Bloody Turners?  What have they ever done for the club?.........[/quote]

Nothing YET, but firstly if they become majority shareholders the 2million won''t be a ''loan''. They also have lots more money to inject into the club, if they so wish.

[/quote]

....Why would the £2 million not then be a loan? 

The fact that the Turners would be majority shareholders would have no effect on the loan they financed as directors.

[/quote]

They can convert the loan into shares. Delias done that before I think.

[/quote]

By increasing the share capital of the business and converting the loan they would be increasing their stake in the business. The issue of further shares effectively waters down the value of existing shares. Its not writing off the £2 million ,just changing the way its owed.

All pretty hypothetical in view of cuurent events.

[quote user="Cluck "]

I WAS in business for many years. I''ve spent a sizeable number of games alongside the people who regularly stalk the CR corporate areas. I''ve also attended a number of charity functions at CR over years....Surprising who you meet at such bashes...and how many fawn over celebrity.

Sooooo....Many of you are now looking to cling helplessly onto another life raft now the Good Ship Delia is sinking eh?  Pure desperation by those who think a wad of cash is the answer to all of their prayers....well beware. Large random investment is nowhere near as important as the credibility of it''s owner....

I''ve warned you about many things SOME OF which have duly come to pass.....but it seems the rabbits remain blinded by the headlights.

[/quote]Just correcting your typos.I do agree with "Large random investment is nowhere near as important as the credibility of it''s owner...." but the credability of a unknown prospective investor is what exactly.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"][quote user="Cluck "][quote user="hogesar"]

[/quote]

Expect nothing more than Mrs.Turner changing the curtains and carpets....and Mr.Turner being busy selling insurance policies (with redundancy cover) to the players.

They aren''t what we need. They are just some more la de da pals of Smith cosying up to their celebrity friend and joining the growing number of trendy business types getting into football for the glare of the spotlight.

[/quote] Really Cluck, some of the stuff you spout is beyond belief. Let me correct your assumptions as I do happen to know the Turners (they own and run a loan/mortgage company by the way, not insurance). They are committed Norwich fans and have only just started investing in the club. They also have built up a business worth an estimated £300 million from scratch. I thought you wanted ambition at the club. They have it. Glare of the spotlight? Here? Come on, apart from when we hit the headlines during a managerial crisis, who outside Norfolk takes much notice of us football wise? A good thing maybe at present. Don''t underestimate the Turners Cluck, although if you indeed don''t live in the city at present you may not have much inside knowledge of them. They are here to stay and make our club great again. If they fail, they will at least have tried. Who would you like to see instead and who would you give some credibility to?[/quote]

Its not some of the stuff he spouts Gazza, its pretty much all of the stuff!!

Bet he doesn''t reply to your post.

I fear the Turners will not be injecting much cash... 

To quote Mick Dennis on Rick Waghorn''s site:

"We already have some rich backers, of course. Andrew and Sharon Turner are playing an increasing role at Norwich. While Delia Smith has been filming for her new TV series (much of which is set in the kitchens at Carrow Road), the Turners have been making day-to-day executive decisions.

I''ve met them and they are certainly proper City fans who have put in the years. But they did not strike me as the sort of people who are anxious to give away a significant wedge of the fortune they have worked hard to build up.
In fact, the only folk I have ever met who were ready and willing to seriously deplete their own wealth for "our" club are Delia and her husband, Michael Wynn-Jones. They stepped in when the club was hours away from liquidation, paid the monthly wages bill more than once during the early days of their reign, and have given more time and money than they could really afford to our club."

It is a good article and is here: http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter.com/full_article.asp?i=1759&w=12&a=0&part=1

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

To do otherwise is questionable at least.

You all know I don''t like Smith and Jones, but IF they DO sell their shares as reported, then we must cut the Turners some slack................and trust them until we know different.

Thats fair init?.[:D]

[/quote]

If anyone does takes over the board room (which I don''t think will happen) they would have to show real ambition on the pitch from day one or who ever they are will be seen as Smith & Co mark 2.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

And the second part of this post explains why people like Cluck and Smudger are purely attention seekers with a personal agenda.  This hatred of ''the cook'' is only possible because she bailed out the club and kept it afloat!   Something they conveniently forget during the witchfinder general speeches.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

"We already have some rich backers, of course. Andrew and Sharon Turner are playing an increasing role at Norwich. While Delia Smith has been filming for her new TV series (much of which is set in the kitchens at Carrow Road), the Turners have been making day-to-day executive decisions.

I''ve met them and they are certainly proper City fans who have put in the years. But they did not strike me as the sort of people who are anxious to give away a significant wedge of the fortune they have worked hard to build up.
In fact, the only folk I have ever met who were ready and willing to seriously deplete their own wealth for "our" club are Delia and her husband, Michael Wynn-Jones. They stepped in when the club was hours away from liquidation, paid the monthly wages bill more than once during the early days of their reign, and have given more time and money than they could really afford to our club."

It is a good article and is here: http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter.com/full_article.asp?i=1759&w=12&a=0&part=1

[/quote]

And the point of this random drivel is what exactly?  Not sure how it relates to what you were asked.  Are you still in business Cluck or did your blinkered inflexibility and obvious lack of diplomacy consign you to the dinosaur park?

[quote user="Cluck "]

I''ve been in business for many years. I''ve spent a sizeable number of games alongside the people who regularly stalk the CR corporate areas. I''ve also attended a number of charity functions at CR over years....Surprising who you meet at such bashes...and how many fawn over celebrity.

I''ve warned you about many things which have duly come to pass.....but it seems the rabbits remain blinded by the headlights.

[/quote]

[/quote]

The first part though is purely someones first impression of the Turners so hardly factual.

The second part I fear will cause some controversies on here. Geoffrey Walting had something to do with saving the club at the 11th hour - he bought Chases shares and sent him packing basically. Delia of course did put money in aswell but its debatable that Geoffrey was really the one who stepped in at the last moment to save us and not Delia.

[quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

Laughable isn''t it Cluck???

oh well... glug, glug, glug, glug, glug!!!!  [um] [li]

[/quote]

Delia is a publishing phenomenon with sales of more than 18 million books at extremely high royalty rates.

Royalties are typically broken out on a scale according to the number of copies sold, such as 10% on the first 5000 copies, 12.5% on the next 5000 copies and 15% over 10,000 copies etc; so by my reckoning she''s on close to 50% for each book sold throughout the best part of her career - add to the latter the TV revenue and one is talking much, much more than the reported 23 million quid fortune that she''s supposedly accumulated in her time - please don''t believe the tripe you read in various media articles.

So Mick Dennis can keep his "given more time and money than they could really afford to our club" statement and stick it where it belongs.

And let''s not forget the fact that Smith & Jones will walk away with every penny they put in when they do eventually step down, plus they''ll still have the catering franchise.

Ultimately - they are business people - as are the Turners, so any cash injection they might make will be minimal.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]

Delia is a publishing phenomenon with sales of more than 18 million books at extremely high royalty rates.

Royalties are typically broken out on a scale according to the number of copies sold, such as 10% on the first 5000 copies, 12.5% on the next 5000 copies and 15% over 10,000 copies etc; so by my reckoning she''s on close to 50% for each book sold throughout the best part of her career - add to the latter the TV revenue and one is talking much, much more than the reported 23 million quid fortune that she''s supposedly accumulated in her time - please don''t believe the tripe you read in various media articles.

So Mick Dennis can keep his "given more time and money than they could really afford to our club" statement and stick it where it belongs.

And let''s not forget the fact that Smith & Jones will walk away with every penny they put in when they do eventually step down, plus they''ll still have the catering franchise.

Ultimately - they are business people - as are the Turners, so any cash injection they might make will be minimal.

[/quote]

Very good post Shyster... [Y]

May I ask where your figures came from?

You see in my rhetoric I consider that Delia & Michael are personally as rich as the Turners (if not richer).

I have no evidence for this... just that I have dealt with authors/publishers at work, so believe that the Royalties that our loveable pair have clocked up over the years is likely to outweigh any personal fortune that the Turners may be able to lay their hands on as nearly all of their money is tied up in the day to day running of their business.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You see in my rhetoric I consider that Delia & Michael are personally as rich as the Turners (if not richer).

I have no evidence for this... just that I have dealt with authors/publishers at work, so believe that the Royalties that our loveable pair have clocked up over the years is likely to outweigh any personal fortune that the Turners may be able to lay their hands on as nearly all of their money is tied up in the day to day running of their business.

[/quote]

Smudge-you have got me scrating my head now in confusion, just exactly what is it that you want?

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

"We already have some rich backers, of course. Andrew and Sharon Turner are playing an increasing role at Norwich. While Delia Smith has been filming for her new TV series (much of which is set in the kitchens at Carrow Road), the Turners have been making day-to-day executive decisions.I''ve met them and they are certainly proper City fans who have put in the years. But they did not strike me as the sort of people who are anxious to give away a significant wedge of the fortune they have worked hard to build up.In fact, the only folk I have ever met who were ready and willing to seriously deplete their own wealth for "our" club are Delia and her husband, Michael Wynn-Jones. They stepped in when the club was hours away from liquidation, paid the monthly wages bill more than once during the early days of their reign, and have given more time and money than they could really afford to our club."

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Smudge-you have got me scrating my head now in confusion, just exactly what is it that you want?

[/quote]Attention from playing up to his online persona. At a guess.