Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Ink

Rochdale - match thread

hey we won! bring on the doom and gloom, but before people moan about the nature of our win look at many of the other result tonight, Sunderland, Derby etc. these are not easy games and we won, well done lads, scrapped through but it''s a results game.

Spot on Marty....if this was Man U people would be saying its the sign of a gd team that play well and dont win!! In recent yrs we would not have got this far, so well done fellas......heres to the next round!!

[quote user="Marty"]hey we won! bring on the doom and gloom, but before people moan about the nature of our win look at many of the other result tonight, Sunderland, Derby etc. these are not easy games and we won, well done lads, scrapped through but it''s a results game.
[/quote]

....also not forgetting that they had beaten Stoke on pens in the last round, and that the binners got beaten by MK Dons on pens as well.  No cup game is straightforward, and whilst we didn''t play anywhere as well as we can, in the end a win is a win. 

[quote user="StttStrvStarhDave"]I can''t take this! I''m going for a lie down.[/quote]

Well, we won =]

Doherty sounded like he was chasing shadows, kept making mistakes and then hauling players down when they got away from him. Should have been sent off aswell.  You''ve got till friday, find someone. Please PG.But I am chuffed we won a pen shoot out [:D]

[quote user="Marty"]hey we won! bring on the doom and gloom, but before people moan about the nature of our win look at many of the other result tonight, Sunderland, Derby etc. these are not easy games and we won, well done lads, scrapped through but it''s a results game.
[/quote]

Okay, Marty - I will look at the line-ups of teams such as Sunderland, Derby, Charlton & Wolves etc, tonight to see if they fielded a fair number of their second to third string players..............Oh, revelation - they did.

We didn''t. 

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[/quote]

....also not forgetting that they had beaten Stoke on pens in the last round, and that the binners got beaten by MK Dons on pens as well.  No cup game is straightforward, and whilst we didn''t play anywhere as well as we can, in the end a win is a win. 

[/quote]

A win is a win however we get it - and it was good to see Huckerby get 120 minutes under his belt.  Also Grant making prompt decisions like dragging Murray off at half time - something his Northern Irish predecessor would never have done - as Grant has been managing less than 12 months ou have to praise him for having the guts to do this - esp as it is his most recent signing.

[quote]Doherty sounded like he was chasing shadows, kept making mistakes and then hauling players down when they got away from him. Should have been sent off aswell. 

You''ve got till friday, find someone. Please PG.
[/quote]

Waghorns'' reading of Grants'' comments about this transfer window was that we''re more likely to get a loan signing in Sept than a purchase in August.  Better to bring in a near-Premiership quality defender in Sept than a panic buy in August, maybe ?

[quote user="Shyster"]

[quote user="Marty"]hey we won! bring on the doom and gloom, but before people moan about the nature of our win look at many of the other result tonight, Sunderland, Derby etc. these are not easy games and we won, well done lads, scrapped through but it''s a results game.[/quote]

Okay, Marty - I will look at the line-ups of teams such as Sunderland, Derby, Charlton & Wolves etc, tonight to see if they fielded a fair number of their second to third string players..............Oh, revelation - they did.

We didn''t. 

[/quote]Strange being the two relegated Premiership teams and two current Premiership teams, slightly bigger budgets than ours. So look at Preston, Ipswich, Stoke from the last round and Wolves, Wigan etc. there are plenty of "bigger" teams struggling, there always will be. So be gratefull for the win, I am.

[quote user="Shyster"]

[/quote]

We didn''t. 

[/quote]

Some players were undoubtedly rested for some of those sides, but not many, and one thing is for certain that they didn''t intend on losing - but they did.  Simple fact is: we didn''t. 

Yes we fielded our strongest available and it was another pathetic performance , Grant is starting to make Worthington look like a good manager , his latest freebie Scott had to come off at half time against Rochdale because he was out of his depth , god help us.

Well done Mr Marshall.

We are in the hat for the next round..........bring on the 1st String Squad of the ''Mighty Morecambe'' - and that Joe Lewis fellah!

We were fortunate tonight, our chances were the penalties......we took our chances and scored them all........they didn''t.

Better things for Saturday against Jimmy Floyd and ''Big Nose'' Fowler.......eh?[:|]

[quote user="skippy"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

A win is a win however we get it - and it was good to see Huckerby get 120 minutes under his belt.  Also Grant making prompt decisions like dragging Murray off at half time - something his Northern Irish predecessor would never have done - as Grant has been managing less than 12 months ou have to praise him for having the guts to do this - esp as it is his most recent signing.

[/quote]

Yes a win is a win but this was a draw at ROCHDALE, for crying out loud. I really admire being positive but come on lets get real.

Anyone can be embarrassed in the cup - Man Utd V Exeter the other season?  Just keep the results coming success breeds confidence and confidence leeds to success - therefore the only way is up!

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="skippy"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[quote user="Marty"]hey we won! bring on the doom and gloom, but before people moan about the nature of our win look at many of the other result tonight, Sunderland, Derby etc. these are not easy games and we won, well done lads, scrapped through but it''s a results game.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes a win is a win but this was a draw at ROCHDALE, for crying out loud. I really admire being positive but come on lets get real.

[/quote]No, it was a win, check which team is in the hat for the next round.Also, looks at the teams I mentioned above and tell me how many of the teams that beat them would leave you quaking in your boots come Saturday afternoon - not many, that is the beauty of this game.

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="skippy"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Things could be worse Ricky. For example, we might have been trying to lose......and failed!

I seem to remember that Stoke drew at Spotland in the first round and then lost on penalties, Norwich didn''t!

As for Ian Murray, I doubt if he even knows who all his teammates are yet - give him a break, he will do a great job for the team but like any new player he will need time to settle in.