Sign in to follow this  
Infamy, Infamy

Would Curo go?

I know Jamie bleeds yellow and green and has his dream return to City. BUT, say he notches 18 to 20 goals by January? Surely one of the prem strugglers would come calling for a short term fix. Jamie would be in line for three times his wages, and City would make a quick profit.

I''m not saying I want this to happen, far from it, but would the temptation of premiership football (and wages) test Curo''s loyalty just too much, or is he another Hucks?

I agree with your point,

I''m just wondering whether the board were stupid enough to put a uselessly low release fee in his contract...

[quote user="ob1"]No Premiership club is going to pay over the odds for a Premier-unproven Championship striker aged 32+ (at the time)....[/quote]

Windass - Wigan

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]

[quote user="ob1"]No Premiership club is going to pay over the odds for a Premier-unproven Championship striker aged 32+ (at the time)....[/quote]

Windass - Wigan

[/quote]

Scored a hat trick against Liverpool in the premiership.... for Bradford...

hardly unproven.

jas :)

" the board were stupid enough to put a uselessly low release fee in his contract "durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrit''s not the board putting in release fees, it''s the player and their agents demanding suchI was fortunate to speak with Steve Bruce way back - his view was City were ok as they would let players move on, that was why he choose us over other enquirers.It''s a shame some our fans don''t seem to have moved beyond some kind of Enid Blyton view of things.

Although much more proven than Cureton,Liverpoool did pay £5m for Crouch!

[quote user="TwoSheds"]

[/quote]

Last time I looked Crouch was a little younger than 32+ when he signed for Liverpool... and having him play already in Premier (unproven or not) is a more than Curo...!

If Curo was 22 two years ago, playing with the ability and maturity he shows now, he would be on his way to a Premier club for £5 or more. Fact is, he isn''t and won''t be! Thank God, eh? [:)]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]

Windass - Wigan

[/quote]

Scored a hat trick against Liverpool in the premiership.... for Bradford...

hardly unproven.

jas :)

[/quote]

I wouldn''t call him proven at that level, Cureton scored past chelsea just after coming on too

[quote user="ob1"][quote user="TwoSheds"]

[/quote]

Last time I looked Crouch was a little younger than 32+ when he signed for Liverpool... and having him play already in Premier (unproven or not) is a more than Curo...!

If Curo was 22 two years ago, playing with the ability and maturity he shows now, he would be on his way to a Premier club for £5 or more. Fact is, he isn''t and won''t be! Thank God, eh? [:)]

[/quote]

That really would be a low release fee [;)]

Curo should have stayed here and wanted to; I''m amazed at the previous management they didn''t see his talent. I beleive he will want to prove everyone wrong here and become a hero and see out his playing days here. He''s just got that something about him and I think he knows Norwich is the best place in the country to live!!!!!!!

If we can have a hero; he''s definitely the perfect Player. J.... C.... may be our Saviour and the new meissah. 

Get you stuck in thayre bouy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"So we do not negotiate then, we just agree to everything the players and their

agents ask for do we"Where did I say that ?Still, far better to make up something and argue about that instead

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="ob1"][quote user="TwoSheds"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That really would be a low release fee [;)]

[/quote]

[:)] Scuppered!

Ralph - "Its not the board putting in release fees, its the players and their agents demanding such", the suggestion being that a player/agent asks for a release fee and we agree to it. I have no problem with release fees and I totally understand that they are part and parcel of the game. I also understand that some players see us as a "stepping stone" and again I have no problem with that as it something we can use when negotiating with potential players. I had no problem with the release fee for Etuhu, but I believe the fee for Earnshaw was set way too low.

Cureton will stay at Norwich for the rest of his career, he will become a cult legend (likes Hucks) and become the MVP of our team. We won''t have to worry about Cureton doing an Ashton or an Earnshaw purely because of his passion for the club!

Cureton will become a legend!

Cureton has wanted to re-join us ever since he left, when he moved to knorea or whatver didn''t he say he would have signed for us if we had offered him a contract?

I don''t think for a second that it would actually happen but if they did come in for him and the money was right I''m fairly certain he''d be off. A guy I know is friends with him and I knew Norwich were in for him for ages before we got him but was told that he''d never really had a big contract and never had much money (for a footballer) so as much as he would love to come back to Norwich he realised that he was coming to the end of his career in the next few years and needed to make the money now to sort him out for the rest of his life and would go where the money was. Which personally, I don''t think is being disloyal to Norwich. He''d rather be here than anywhere but who could blame him if someone came along and offered to double his wages? He wants to be able to set himself up for after football. Apparently he''s now on a bigger wage than he''s ever been on in his career before (which isn''t hard to believe considering the clubs he''s been at excluding Norwich)

I know that sounds like a mate of a mate knows him and said so, so it must be true!

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]" the board were stupid enough to put a uselessly low release fee in his contract "

durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

it''s not the board putting in release fees, it''s the player and their agents demanding such

I was fortunate to speak with Steve Bruce way back - his view was City were ok as they would let players move on, that was why he choose us over other enquirers.

It''s a shame some our fans don''t seem to have moved beyond some kind of Enid Blyton view of things.

[/quote]

Sorry Walph Wrong but i disagree my dear old friend. Its the board that sanctions the contract mate. the players agents put in requests and the board negeotiate. No im not being negative im just stating a fact that the board has the final say on transfers and contracts. As for Jamie leaving-no chance!

Regards

Arthur Piffle, Aka Alf A Wiffle

[quote user="ncfc1"]Anybody who thinks a Premiership club would come in for Cureton has quite frankly lost the plot .[/quote]

Not even if he had managed to score 15 or so goals by Christmas?!? Sure, this is purely hypothetical but if you don''t think that a club scoring very few goals and staring at the possibility of relegation in January would be interested in a 32 year old player with that kind of eye for goal then, quite frankly, you have lost the plot.  

[quote user="Le Juge"]

I don''t think for a second that it would actually happen but if they did come in for him and the money was right I''m fairly certain he''d be off. A guy I know is friends with him and I knew Norwich were in for him for ages before we got him but was told that he''d never really had a big contract and never had much money (for a footballer) so as much as he would love to come back to Norwich he realised that he was coming to the end of his career in the next few years and needed to make the money now to sort him out for the rest of his life and would go where the money was. Which personally, I don''t think is being disloyal to Norwich. He''d rather be here than anywhere but who could blame him if someone came along and offered to double his wages? He wants to be able to set himself up for after football. Apparently he''s now on a bigger wage than he''s ever been on in his career before (which isn''t hard to believe considering the clubs he''s been at excluding Norwich)

I know that sounds like a mate of a mate knows him and said so, so it must be true!

[/quote]

That''s where I''m coming from LJ.

I think and hope Curo will turn out to be a hero for us in the Hucks mould. That doesn''t mean he couldn''t be tempted by a bigger contract elsewhere, maybe because of his age. How far does loyalty and love of the club go, really?

Still let''s sit back and hope he scores a hatfull of goals for us and nobody else notices.

Quick clarification to save poor old SoB and alf widdle confusing themselves even further. My original point was made in response to -" the board were stupid enough to put a uselessly low release fee in his contract..."No, the board didn''t and doesn''t ''put in'' this type of clause when buying a player.Loads of clauses are put in, dependant on many variables. What those are we can only speculate. What I can say though is that squeaking on here without that knowledge is silly. Making stupid allegations is even sillier.Making up what somebody has said and replying to that instead is not silly - just old age.