Sign in to follow this  
tim howard?

francis

i will happily clap him when his name is said when calling the player names out, he was one of the main reasons we got promotion in the first place and also nearly nade me win like £400. anyways its not like he did anything

i''ll applaud him, and any right thinking City fan would too for his contribution to our promotion, his goals and preformances were one of the reasons we ended up in the prem in the first place.

jas :)

[quote user="andrew norwichcity"] anyways its not like he did anything[/quote]He certainly didn''t do anything at Fulham.

no time for francis, any player that is wearing the yellow and green and dosnt give a %100 can be booooed of the park!! francis is up there with keth oneil is far as i am concerned!!!

Can''t say i hold much of a liking for the guy after his behaviour towards the end of his stay here.

When a player does bugger all and then laughs and jokes at the end of a match that saw his team relegated he deserves nothing but contempt. Shame as he was great at times for us [:(]

i fort francis w2as a class act 4 us until towards the end of his norwich career, ONE if not THE reason we almost survived the premiership (allthough his performance against fulham was poor). and the season b4 that he was awesome ...

what about the other 10 players who played Vs Fulham.. with the exception of Ashton they all rolled over and died that day, one of the most unprofessional performances i have ever seen.

A stupid Rumour about Francis and Leon McKenzie a few months earlier forced both those players out of this football club! 2 of our best players hounded out because some 13 year old spotty urchin with a modem connetion had nothing better to do then post malicious lies about 2 Norwich players, inbeteen drooling over thei Charlotte Church screen saver.

bet ud all take both those players back here now though!

jas :)

I won''t boo, (out of recognition for his earlier efforts) but I won''t applaud either (because of his apauling lack of effort).

Same with Ashton, tbh.

Leave Francis alone he had a brilliant season with us in the prem and in the champ the season before as well just because of one game you all hate him what about all the other players against fulham you cant just blame him i think it is totally unfair please do not boo him he dont deserve it.

Francis was great for us!You''re having a laugh.He was every bit as lazy as Etuhu,he had very little to do with us getting promoted,he scored 7 goals in 41 appearences and did precious little else.One word why we got promoted that season HUCKERBY,no other reason,he must have scored or set up at least half the goals we scored.Francis played 1/2 dozen good games around xmas time in the premiership when he scored 5 out of the 7 goals he scored that season.I will neither cheer or boo him,but no more rubbish about him being brilliant.

This is the sort of thread that baffles me, whilst I was at Fulham on that fateful afternoon and watched Francis turn in a truly pathetic performance he certainly wasn’t alone, Bentley, that Swedish bloke on the right to name but a  few

He was though  instrumental in both getting us to the Premiership and scoring some very important goals along the way so why should he be subject to being booed?  Frankly booing ex Yellas must be reserved for the likes of Andy------g Marshall or indeed if the eternally hapless, hopeless and truly wretched Daryl Sutch ever stepped foot upon Carrow road again as some form of half time torture.

Can you just imagine him trying to do the crossbar challenge?  He’s be there for months.

Back on topic, I’d be reasonably happy to see Francis return although I suspect I’m in a  very small minority

Even now I can picture Daryl stepping up to take that penalty....................................................................

[quote user="Bury Green"]

This is the sort of thread that baffles me, whilst I was at Fulham on that fateful afternoon and watched Francis turn in a truly pathetic performance he certainly wasn’t alone, Bentley, that Swedish bloke on the right to name but a  few

He was though  instrumental in both getting us to the Premiership and scoring some very important goals along the way so why should he be subject to being booed?  Frankly booing ex Yellas must be reserved for the likes of Andy------g Marshall or indeed if the eternally hapless, hopeless and truly wretched Daryl Sutch ever stepped foot upon Carrow road again as some form of half time torture.

Can you just imagine him trying to do the crossbar challenge?  He’s be there for months.

Back on topic, I’d be reasonably happy to see Francis return although I suspect I’m in a  very small minority

Even now I can picture Daryl stepping up to take that penalty....................................................................

[/quote]Daryl really had his heart in Norwich, he may not have been one of our greatest players, but I''ve seen the footage from when he was younger and he didn''t look as awful as everyone makes out. He is after all a veteren of our past Premiership and European glories with over 3000 apps to his name, yet you put him in the same boat as Andy Marshall, disgusting.But yet you''d quite happily clap a player who didn''t give a damn about Norwich, only the big fat Premiership pay check he got and even then he''d only turn in a decent performance every so often.

[quote user="Bury Green"]

[/quote]

Totally agree Bury Green,  beyond safri and Green NO ONE turned up for that game and Francis has been wrongly criticised as being the only poor performer.  It was only after safri went off that we capitulated.

Francis and Holt in midfield we as important as the defence and the arrival of the strikers in getting us promoted - they were a team,  something we havent been since,  so I will welcome him back. 

Damien Francis was a quality player whilst at Norwich, and I certainly don''t remember any Etuhu like lazyness - I do remember him being rubbish when stuck out on the right wing....  So he wanted to stay in the premiership on relegation, fair enough - unfortunatly our clubs naivety showed through yet again.

Francis actually had the ability to win the ball, and take it on, unlike the now departed Etuhu (Good Riddance) who would win the ball and then have no idea what to do with it.

[quote user="The voice of the Thorpe Area!"]Needless to say that Francis will be facing the wrath of the Thorpe Area!!!

You can say that again

In Francis'' defence, I must admit that during that infamous Fuham game, I didn''t necessarily pick him out as being any worse than anyone else.

However his conduct during the summer that followed will live long in the memory.

I recall his agent touting him to all London based premiership sides suggesting that he wanted to move back to London, not a crime in itself if he genuinely wanted to return to his hometown but when it emerged that none of these were in any way interested in him he then starts knocking on the door of clubs further a field.

When it appeared that a deal had been struck with the London borough of Portsmouth, Francis pulls himself out of a pre-season friendly with Colchester as his" head wasn''t right", unforgivable in my opinion.

When this deal laughably falls through the only premiership club that agent Tony Finnegan can peddle him to is one of the furthest clubs from London in Wigan , who incidently see through Francis about halfway though the season and drop him,finally flogging him on to premiership no hopers Watford.

If any one can recall the reception Francis got that night against Inter Milan each time he touched the ball whilst wearing a Norwich shirt, then they should expect this to be multiplied 10 fold the next time he returns in another teams colours !.

[quote user="Thetford Dave"]

Francis was great for us!You''re having a laugh.He was every bit as lazy as Etuhu,he had very little to do with us getting promoted,he scored 7 goals in 41 appearences and did precious little else.One word why we got promoted that season HUCKERBY,no other reason,he must have scored or set up at least half the goals we scored.Francis played 1/2 dozen good games around xmas time in the premiership when he scored 5 out of the 7 goals he scored that season.I will neither cheer or boo him,but no more rubbish about him being brilliant.

[/quote]

oh yeah sorry i forgot that every other player stood still all game and huckerby defended like a demon and made some superb saves. i agree he wasnt brilliant, but hucks wasnt our promotion season. if your gonna single out players i would include, greeno, holt, francis, drury, mackay and fleming. take off your huckerby tinted specs, as much of a legend he is.