Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Hunter Leaves!

malky to return ? ... he still has a home in norwich and goes to a chuch in sprowston most weeks, has just got his coaching badge i think and is norwich thru and thru. well i for would love to see him back, his passion and energy would give the players a good lift.

A finger on many pulses has Hunter. Well respected. Still, if he doesn''t fit then no point hanging around.........

not botherd by this,and by the sound of it no is grant. and he will now have tha chance to install his own man. and i would not be surprised to see malky back there somewhere with jim duffy moving to no 2!

Grant doesn''t sound to happy that talks with Hunter had been going on before Watford asked to talk to him. Typical in football nowadays isn''t it?

But as he said theres no point staying around if you don''t want to be here so good riddance!!

At the start of last season, when Norwich were 2nd in the league, everyone was attributing the on field success to the fresh ideas and methods of Hunter. When city struggled later in the season, people then turned and blamed Hunter for the poor on-field displays.

Bringing in a new coach with new ideas is usually positive and I believe that at this moment in time, it will benefit the club because it gives Grant another chance to bring in his more of his own team (or even a former crowd fave), and Hunter leaves early enough to not take too much of the teams tactical plans for the forthcoming season with him.

[quote user="the mitre"]malky to return ? ... he still has a home in norwich and goes to a chuch in sprowston most weeks, has just got his coaching badge i think and is norwich thru and thru. well i for would love to see him back, his passion and energy would give the players a good lift.[/quote]

Rumoured on another site yesterday that a former cult hero was on his way. Maybe it''s true !!

See link

http://boards.footymad.net/mboard/fmb.php?tno=400&fid=191&sty=2&act=1&mid=2132587126

[quote user="lappinitup"]

Rumoured on another site yesterday that a former cult hero ........

[/quote]"Cult status" ????  Only after he wasn''t replaced by Primus..... do you not remember the stick he was getting during that season?

[quote user="lappinitup"]

[quote user="the mitre"]malky to return ? ... he still has a home in norwich and goes to a chuch in sprowston most weeks, has just got his coaching badge i think and is norwich thru and thru. well i for would love to see him back, his passion and energy would give the players a good lift.[/quote]

Rumoured on another site yesterday that a former cult hero was on his way. Maybe it''s true !!

See link

http://boards.footymad.net/mboard/fmb.php?tno=400&fid=191&sty=2&act=1&mid=2132587126

[/quote]

Well you''d imagine it was either Malky or Iwan, wouldn''t you.  Am pretty sure that Iwan has been doing his coaching badges?

Yeah good riddance! As others have said, he was a Worthy signing anyway so this should be the final piece of PG''s jigsaw of getting his own men in place. Personally, it would be terrific to see Malky back, or Iwan maybe?

I know it''s been said before but I''m very impressed with PG''s ''calling a spade a spade'' attitude towards these things. "If you don''t want to be here then p*ss off elsewhere!" Surely preferable to hear that rather than comments like "he left on amicable terms" or some other vague statement.

Yeah i''d be happy with Dion and/or Malky on the coaching staff. Only thing is i dont think Dion is Scottish enough though. lol.

Hang on though he did have a season up there. So maybe........  

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]Great news another one of the Worthy brigade cleared out!

Time to promote Dion me thinks!!!
[/quote]

Dion was one of the Worthy brigade, but a good shout anyway

Heard also that he was seen a couple of weeks ago with his toddler (dressed in the yellow and green kit ) in his arms so guess Malkay still loves us and intends to being his kids up as Norwich fans!

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"]Fine by me - Grant needs his own team behind the scenes just as he does on the pitch.
[/quote]

Totally agree Mr Chimp, another Worthy link severed. Its been on the cards since  he got turned down for the job as manager, once Peter got here, there was only ever going to be one outcome.

As City Angel said, good riddance as it seems he''s been a bit sneaky about it!.

it was an amateur fudge to give worthy the chop and parachute granty in without allowing him to bring his own men in.  glad to see hunter go (good luck to him) - not necessarily because he lacks ability - but becuase it makes sense all the backroom staff are singing from the same hymn sheet - its another piece of the jigsaw falling in place for me still need another central defender though.

Why are so many people leaving or wanting to leave? - It''s not looking good and could well be a rocky season, look out for plenty of post match comments such as "Its not good enough I expect more fight from my players" and "If they don''t want to play for the club they can go" - looks like they are already going Peter just amazing that so many season ticket holders keeping the faith

i think watford have done us a favour..... i think grant wanted him out...but club couldnt justify paying him off

watford may even have to pay us a 5 or 6 figure sum!

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]it was an amateur fudge to give worthy the chop and parachute granty in without allowing him to bring his own men in.  [/quote]Oh FFS.... you''d have fired him and paid off the contract eh? Then you''d be the first one to criticise the board for wasting money.....

Presumably no release clause in play here so did we ask for compensation (assuming MH had a contract) ?

MH was well (over) qualified but at his age should have achieved more . Probably no long term loss.

[quote user="Attack Barclay 2nd Half"][quote user="lucky green trainers"]it was an amateur fudge to give worthy the chop and parachute granty in without allowing him to bring his own men in.  [/quote]Oh FFS.... you''d have fired him and paid off the contract eh? Then you''d be the first one to criticise the board for wasting money.....[/quote]no i don''t think i''d be the first one!  they only had to fudge cos they screwed up the previous season - making foley the scapegoat gave worthy enough rope to hang himself (only croft in), then found they couldn''t pay off all his staff off???  crisis, what crisis? all in all - a wasted season in my view.  wasted by leaving worthy at the helm when he should have gone pre-season, then leaving his own staff in and not giving grant enough dosh to make a fist of it - a tighter defence would have seen us challenging for the top 6 in my view.  an ambitious club would have gone for an experienced manager and allowed him to bring his own staff in - which is what happens usually at most clubs, but not our???  i stand by what i said.glad to see some new money on the board this year - because without it granty would have sweet fa to play with -

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]  wasted by leaving worthy at the helm when he should have gone pre-season,[/quote]I cant disagree with that bit. if this board has a fault its the appointment of managers.......Rioch probablt the best a bad bunch. He ran the club well and kickstarted the youth setup.