Sign in to follow this  
sdldjl05

Worst goalkeeper to wear the city shirt?

After all of our Goalkeeping problems who do you think was the worst player norwich have had in between the sticks in recent years? im gonna go for Simon Tracey!!!

[quote user="sdldjl05"]

After all of our Goalkeeping problems who do you think was the worst player norwich have had in between the sticks in recent years? im gonna go for Simon Tracey!!!

[/quote]

Warner.

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="sdldjl05"]

[/quote]

Warner.

[/quote]

predictable response......yawn

I thought Warner has been okay. His kicking is a little wayward but then so was Andy Marshall''s.

I watched MoTD on saturday and Greeno''s performance for the Whamers was superb. He was always worth about 15 extra points per season to us due to some of the saves he made. He regularly turned draws / losses into victories.

Having been to Goodison Park and seen us humiliated 5-0 Simon Tracey has to be the one

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="sdldjl05"]

[/quote]

Warner.

[/quote]

How would you know Cluck, you haven''t seen him play!!!!!!

Marshall was a good shot stopper but didnt half drop some Howlers!

it has to be simon Tracey though! I can remember him trying to dribble past Dion Dublin vs Coventry only for Neon to tackle him and the ball to spin to Peter Ndlovu to score...

i can also remember we lost 5-1 to everton in the FA cup and he was at fault for all 5!

it might not suprise anyone he is now goalkeeping coach at rotherham.. one look at their league position will show the affect he is having!

jas :)

Worst goalkeeper ever , Peter Vasper without even thinking about it , he was  head and shoulders above all others , Who ever told him he was a goalkeeper ? Lol Morgan i guess , Paul Crighton was dire as well , but we all know the story of that one ,don''t we?.

I''ve always wondered why people say things such as "So-and-so is a good goalkeeper because he''s a good shot-stopper."

Shouldn''t that be the bare minimum for a goalkeeper?

Anyone remember Darren Beckford when he went in goal against Sheff Utd - played a blinder until the last five minutes when he got beat

I also remember Rosario going in goal against Millwall (I think) and making some great saves.

Funniest moment being in the FA cup quarter final against Southampton away when someone did a message on a flag saying you''ll never beat Mark Walton - was slightly concerned when he was struggling to read it from 20 yards away on the pitch before kick off

Worst keepers Benstead and Tracy 

Although Peter Vasper has to be at the top of a very undistinguished list I also remember Geoff Barnard looking shaky on his few appearances.  With all due respect to Peter V I recall a game aginst Leicester one Boxing Day where he brought off a magnificent save, diving to his left in front of the Barclay, to prevent an equaliser and give us a1-0 victory.  So different from his usual ''falling log'' efforts.  Of the same era I recall a couple of reserve keepers, Osbourne and Palmer I think their names were, who never made the first team and gave me the jitters in the reserves.  And who can forget the comic capers of Roger Hansbury who, along with Clive Baker, stepped into the shoes of the Great Kevin Keelan without actually fitting into them.  As a journeyman keeper in the local leagues during my youth I can say with some authority that we have been entertained by some of the finest keepers ever seen along with some of the most ..... errrr ..... entertaining.  Any other memories of past custodians gladly received.  Do you remember in our first promotion to Div 1 season the 0-3 3rd round defeat to Hull City where the great KK did a whoopsie with a straightforward cross, at the River-End, and dropped it at the feet of either Wagstaff or Chilton to set us on the road to ruin? 

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

Definately Tracey.....a complete calamity!

Cluck you say Warner.....Why?

[/quote]

I''ll answer you CUSDP because I like you.       [:)]

I am the officially recognised idiot on this forum and it just appeals to me to be annoying at every opportunity. [Y]

[quote user="ray ducker"]Worst goalkeeper ever , Peter Vasper without even thinking about it , he was  head and shoulders above all others , Who ever told him he was a goalkeeper ? Lol Morgan i guess , Paul Crighton was dire as well , but we all know the story of that one ,don''t we?.[/quote]

Peter Vasper without a doubt for me too Ray. But because he was cover for the great KK he only played 30 odd games in two and a half years. Simon Tracey was probably worse but he was only a loan signing. Of those that played as first choice Gallacher is close to being worst for me.

Does anybody else remember Joe Corrigan playing a few games on loan for us when Chris Woods was injured? Now that was a decent loan signing!

Roger Hansbury, absolutely totally ------- useless and is of course pushed all the way in the Hapless Keeper handicap race by Simon Tracey, that game at Goodison was truly the stuff of nightmares.

Just a thought, Daryl Sutch had his best ever game for the club whilst in goal at Huddersfield when we went to ten men

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="can u sit down please"]

Definately Tracey.....a complete calamity!

Cluck you say Warner.....Why?

[/quote]

I''ll answer you CUSDP because I like you.       [:)]

I am the officially recognised idiot on this forum and it just appeals to me to be annoying at every opportunity. [Y]

[/quote]

why thankyou cluck! im blessed !

[quote user="ray ducker"]Worst goalkeeper ever , Peter Vasper without even thinking about it , he was  head and shoulders above all others , Who ever told him he was a goalkeeper ? Lol Morgan i guess , Paul Crighton was dire as well , but we all know the story of that one ,don''t we?.[/quote]

Ray, you and me know its true. Vasper couldn''t stop a pig in a passage. The goalkeeping version of Charlie Billington

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"]Michael Watt or Paul Barber![/quote]

cant see how Barber can be anyones worst choice based on a Testimonial where Man utd were told not to score past Bryan Gunn.. when Bzrbs came on utd played how we all know they can.... he never played a competitive game for us so cant be judged to be the worst surely?

jas :)