Sign in to follow this  
jdungos

Binners Sign Jeffers!!!

The binners have just signed Francis Jeffers on Loan? he would of been ideal for us on a month loan,We''ve tried to get him numerous occasion, so what makes them more aluring than us?

They are most welcome to the obnoxious little twerp. He had a decent season or two for Everton and then the hype went to his head and he''s been living in delusions of grandeur ever since.

Was mightily relieved when we missed out on signing him, and continue to be happy that he''s signed for the Poorman Road outfit.

Hardly setting the world alight now is he..? >>> http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=13590

Jeffers has been ordinary at best over the past few years. He may do ok in this league - it will be interesting to see! Didn''t he play for England at one stage......what a fall from grace!

[quote user="jdungos"]The binners have just signed Francis Jeffers on Loan? he would of been ideal for us on a month loan,We''ve tried to get him numerous occasion, so what makes them more aluring than us?[/quote]Would you want to play under a manager like Peter Grant? a lucky 3 -2 win against Luton and everyone is saying "PG is World Class" that sums it up for me!

Its easy to mock them down the road, but by what i hear they are playing some good football, watford in cup and southampton and lack in fox in the box, jeffers can certainly do that, i rather back him for goals than Brown thats for sure.

[quote user="John Boubepo"][quote user="jdungos"]The binners have just signed Francis Jeffers on Loan? he would of been ideal for us on a month loan,We''ve tried to get him numerous occasion, so what makes them more aluring than us?[/quote]

Would you want to play under a manager like Peter Grant? a lucky 3 -2 win against Luton and everyone is saying "PG is World Class" that sums it up for me!
[/quote]

Who has been saying PG is world class.

I haven''t picked up on this!

I do think we need to give the guy a chance, considering the mess he picked up.

Ricky Knight wrote "Its easy to mock them down the road, but by what i hear they are playing some good football, watford in cup and southampton and lack in fox in the box, jeffers can certainly do that, i rather back him for goals than Brown thats for sure."

I can only imagine what you would be saying about our team if we hadn''t scored for 10 hours!!  

[quote user="John Boubepo"][quote user="jdungos"]The binners have just signed Francis Jeffers on Loan? he would of been ideal for us on a month loan,We''ve tried to get him numerous occasion, so what makes them more aluring than us?[/quote]

Would you want to play under a manager like Peter Grant? a lucky 3 -2 win against Luton and everyone is saying "PG is World Class" that sums it up for me!
[/quote]

Here we go again. How many games have you seen this season?

Read Grants latest rant. You will find that he says, and quite rightly, that you can moan - you can put the team down as much as you like. But if you want to have a go about that result then there are at least four or five games this season where we have lost and not deserved to. Its swings and roundabouts. Wolves is a good example. How many times have we lost a game or dropped points to an injury time free kick etc?

I was at Plymouth and bar two free kicks they were no better than us and infact we had the better chances.

I would never say that Grant is world class but in some ways he is not dissimilar to Stuart Pearce and he is the England U21 boss and has been touted as a possible candidate for the England job in the future. Now this does not mean Grant has what it takes but I am afraid to say that if you rate the guy by what he has done at this club so far you can''t say he hasn''t tried to address the issues.

Fotheringham, Lappin, Marshall, Chadwick have all come in and out have gone some of our less consistant performers.

I would rate him on next season not this one. And by saying that he is not world class is about as bad as saying he is because as you will see with Mike Walker it doesn''t take that much these days to become world class as in an international boss. For those that don''t know he was in charge of Malta for a while I believe.

[quote user="ricky knight"]Its easy to mock them down the road, but by what i hear they are playing some good football, watford in cup and southampton and lack in fox in the box, jeffers can certainly do that, i rather back him for goals than Brown thats for sure.[/quote]

Jeffers and the word "certainly" should never be coupled together. He hasn''t done anything on a regular basis since leaving Everton, and even then it was patchy. The guy has been around for a fair while but I should imagine has played very few first team games in a long time now and couldn''t even cause a little ripple in Scotland when he played for Celtic.

The guy is a waste of time and I won''t even eat my hat if he proves me wrong because all that will prove is how much of a waste of time he really has been.

He scored for England in a friendly whilst he was still on the books at Arsenal who signed him for millions and never gave them any sort of a return.

Brown at 23 is a much hotter prospect. At least he works tirelessly which is more than you could say for "Fanny" Fox in the Box Jeffers.

[/quote]

Why is it that certain people cant leave their "i hate Grant / the Board" Posts out of genuine discussions like this one? this completely backs up what other posters are saying on this site, and that is that this message board is no longer a message board its a full time slanging match and some people are so obssesed with getting the manager / board out they would rather we lose so that they can back their own arguments up.

And now i''ve jst done it, but, Arrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

[/quote]

A bit harsh isnt it John?

Challenge for Boubepo -

Kindly show me ANY part of ANY post in which ANYone from this board, since the "lucky win", so much as hints that they think (let alone says) that "PG is World Class". If you can''t, then please explain what you hope to gain by inventing this type of rubbish.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t think it''s harsh at all, I think JB is merely pointing out that many posters change their opinions on here more than their underwear...

Which seems fair comment.

ipswich haven''t scored in 6 matches - getting jeffers in smacks of panic from a weak position in my view.  i cud be wrong, but i doubt jeffers is the answer - i can''t see him scoring hatfuls and saving them from relegation  -  in fact i think it makes it more likely.Ipswich 12-1 to go down - LUMP ON!

They are winning 2-0 so maybe Jeffers on the bench has woken their strikers up.

CMON QPR

[quote user="cityangel"]

They are winning 2-0 so maybe Jeffers on the bench has woken their strikers up.

CMON QPR

[/quote] I love to see Ipswich lose but I''m actually quite pleased that QPR won because it has made the cushion between us and the relegation zone much more healthy. We have some tough games coming up and the greater the buffer zone the better as far as i''m concerned!!

Its so simple I hope we not to spend stupid money for nothing to anymore loan players ...

Why we need this?

Today we garantee place in this league and for play offs all look a bit late for us.

So dont spend stupid money lets see all players fit for next season we have good material if keeep squad + 2 new signings (keeper urgent Gall look fin for us)to fight finaly for promotion.........

Challenge for Boubepo -

Kindly show me ANY part of ANY post in which ANYone

from this board, since the "lucky win", so much as hints that they

think (let alone says) that "PG is World Class". If you can''t, then

please explain what you hope to gain by inventing this type of rubbish.

PG, instead of giving Ryan Jarvis some well deserved praise comes out with a very negative comment aimed at RJ and the supporters by saying - "Ryan Jarvis scores 5 goals at Leyton Orient and everyone is saying he''s World Class, that sums it up for me"Has any Norwich supporter said RJ is World Class? - Doesn''t RJ deserve some praise for a good start at Leyton Orient? but no, PG has a dig at RJ and the Supporters, tongue in cheek maybe but nobody, except Silver Fox seemed to pick up on it.I therefore, cunningly and tongue in cheek used the same comment in reverse, aimed at PG [everyone is saying "PG is World Class" that sums it up for me!] just to see who I would catch out - surprise, surprise I leave it for 24 hrs and I catch the same old crowd, hook line and sinker, I''m surprised I caught you though City AngelFor the rest of you I''ve tried to colour code things above to make it easy for you!

[quote user="John Boubepo"] 

Challenge for Boubepo -

Kindly show me ANY part of ANY post in which ANYone from this board, since the "lucky win", so much as hints that they think (let alone says) that "PG is World Class". If you can''t, then please explain what you hope to gain by inventing this type of rubbish.

PG, instead of giving Ryan Jarvis some well deserved praise comes out with a very negative comment aimed at RJ and the supporters by saying - "Ryan Jarvis scores 5 goals at Leyton Orient and everyone is saying he''s World Class, that sums it up for me"

Has any Norwich supporter said RJ is World Class? - Doesn''t RJ deserve some praise for a good start at Leyton Orient? but no, PG has a dig at RJ and the Supporters, tongue in cheek maybe but nobody, except Silver Fox seemed to pick up on it.

I therefore, cunningly and tongue in cheek used the same comment in reverse, aimed at PG [everyone is saying "PG is World Class" that sums it up for me!] just to see who I would catch out - surprise, surprise I leave it for 24 hrs and I catch the same old crowd, hook line and sinker, I''m surprised I caught you though City Angel

For the rest of you I''ve tried to colour code things above to make it easy for you!

[/quote]

Huh? Well done in confusing me with a seemingly pointless exercise in digging a hole and trying valiantly (but unsuccessfully) to dig yourself out of said hole. Unless of course I''ve missed something... 

[quote user="Anderz"][quote user="John Boubepo"] 

Challenge for Boubepo -

PG, instead of giving Ryan Jarvis some well deserved praise comes out with a very negative comment aimed at RJ and the supporters by saying - "Ryan Jarvis scores 5 goals at Leyton Orient and everyone is saying he''s World Class, that sums it up for me"

Has any Norwich supporter said RJ is World Class? - Doesn''t RJ deserve some praise for a good start at Leyton Orient? but no, PG has a dig at RJ and the Supporters, tongue in cheek maybe but nobody, except Silver Fox seemed to pick up on it.

I therefore, cunningly and tongue in cheek used the same comment in reverse, aimed at PG [everyone is saying "PG is World Class" that sums it up for me!] just to see who I would catch out - surprise, surprise I leave it for 24 hrs and I catch the same old crowd, hook line and sinker, I''m surprised I caught you though City Angel

For the rest of you I''ve tried to colour code things above to make it easy for you!

[/quote]

Huh? Well done in confusing me with a seemingly pointless exercise in digging a hole and trying valiantly (but unsuccessfully) to dig yourself out of said hole. Unless of course I''ve missed something... 

[/quote] Err, yes I think you have missed something Anderz! never mind you just leave the clever stuff to me and Mr Grant

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t think it''s harsh at all, I think JB is merely pointing out that many posters change their opinions on here more than their underwear...

Which seems fair comment.

[/quote]

Where as I get told off for changing my underwear too often but being a stubborn old mule when it comes to my opinions!!!

don''t worry jdungos. certain people are incapable of seeing any

positives in a situation at the moment. All people can do is try not to

get so cyclical in their arguements that they disapear up our own

bottoms.

On what makes Ipswich more alluring than us:

They can pay more due to being so much in debt that they don''t have a

chance of clearing it, consequently they don''t care about getting into

more debt as it will barely make their situation any worse. They also

wouldn''t survive relegation so must avoid it at any cost - Promotion

would alleviate their money problems (and is the only thing that

could), but they would have to use most/all of the prem money to

service their debts so would come straight back and in the same

finacial position as we are now.  They were also in more need of a

striker having not scored for a long time (10 hrs).

We on the other hand have a structured debt (morgage) which we don''t

want to make worse by signing a highly paid striker which we don''t

really need this season as hucks and martin are scoring and we are

likely to survive, especially now that 3 teams would have to exceed our

total up by almost a point a game (8 in 10 or 9 in 11), even ignoring

that we have an extra game or two still to play.  Any hope of

pushing up the table, while nice, is a bit pointless as the playoffs

are out of reach and the difference in finacial reward between 7th and

21st is about the same (or less) than we would have to spend on a loan

striker.  The loan of a ''keeper is a different case due to the

lack of cover etc, this is why keeper loans are treated differently by

the transfer rules.

I also agree with the general concencous on this tread that Ipswich

should be laughed at for getting Jeffers in to save them from league

one, what a silly idea. If we got him, who would you drop - Martin,

Huckerby, Lappin, Drury (dropping people backwards along the left)?

those are the obvious candidates, imagine the uproar if grant dropped

any of them for someone like Jeffers, who would certainly want to play

if on loan here.

[quote user="7rew"]don''t worry jdungos. certain people are incapable of seeing any positives in a situation at the moment. All people can do is try not to get so cyclical in their arguements that they disapear up our own bottoms.

On what makes Ipswich more alluring than us:

They can pay more due to being so much in debt that they don''t have a chance of clearing it, consequently they don''t care about getting into more debt as it will barely make their situation any worse. They also wouldn''t survive relegation so must avoid it at any cost - Promotion would alleviate their money problems (and is the only thing that could), but they would have to use most/all of the prem money to service their debts so would come straight back and in the same finacial position as we are now.  They were also in more need of a striker having not scored for a long time (10 hrs).

We on the other hand have a structured debt (morgage) which we don''t want to make worse by signing a highly paid striker which we don''t really need this season as hucks and martin are scoring and we are likely to survive, especially now that 3 teams would have to exceed our total up by almost a point a game (8 in 10 or 9 in 11), even ignoring that we have an extra game or two still to play.  Any hope of pushing up the table, while nice, is a bit pointless as the playoffs are out of reach and the difference in finacial reward between 7th and 21st is about the same (or less) than we would have to spend on a loan striker.  The loan of a ''keeper is a different case due to the lack of cover etc, this is why keeper loans are treated differently by the transfer rules.

I also agree with the general concencous on this tread that Ipswich should be laughed at for getting Jeffers in to save them from league one, what a silly idea. If we got him, who would you drop - Martin, Huckerby, Lappin, Drury (dropping people backwards along the left)? those are the obvious candidates, imagine the uproar if grant dropped any of them for someone like Jeffers, who would certainly want to play if on loan here.[/quote]

is that why he started on the bench for ipswich saturday. i dont like that lot down the road one bit, but i dont see signing Jeffers, any more laughable than us signing Brown, at least Jeffers has a tiny bit of pedigree, where as Brown has naff all.

Before i get pelters this is not, a pop at city post, just my views on this topic.

Id wet myself if they went down and got a 10 point deduction for administration!

Although as Sheepw**ks is on the FA commitee something tells me they would get "FA help" or something crap like that!

jas :)