Sign in to follow this  
andy laz

tamworth game on bbc

Just been anounced that the FA  cup game at Tamworth  is

being shown live on the bbc with a 12.30 kick off  on 6

january  OTBC

BBC to show Liverpool v Arsenal

The plum tie of the FA Cup third round between holders Liverpool and

Arsenal will be shown live on BBC One on Saturday, 6 January.

The match, which is being played at Anfield, kicks off at 1715 GMT.

Championship side Norwich''s trip to Conference team Tamworth will also be screened live at 1230 the same day.

The BBC''s final live match of the third round will be

the all-Premiership tie between Manchester United and Aston Villa at

1230 on Sunday, 7 December.

Thanks for the SUPER GREAT NEWS! I can watch Norwich game in Hong Kong channel!!! :)

Hopefully a win!!!

[quote user="XXL16"]

Thanks for the SUPER GREAT NEWS! I can watch Norwich game in Hong Kong channel!!! :)

Hopefully a win!!!

[/quote]

David, is this special access you are able to achieve in Hong Kong via satellite or internet, or does the television channel there simply pick up UK football on BBC etc? I normally am able to watch Premiership football and some FA cup games on the package I pay for as part of Fox Sports Channel in the United States but I am not at all sure this one will be carried.

excellent news, i look forward to watching us in the comfort of my own armchair!

dont mean to be negative, but i wonder if the old "if we''re on TV we lose" idea will come into effect....

If were on tv we lose is due to the evil that is rupert murdoch however.maybe we can win on auntie

I see the Doomcaster is rubbing has hands because it''ll mena we may "balance the books for the cup" with a TV date.

Does that man ever get excited about anything other than a balance sheet.

I bet he''s legendary between the sheets.....over to someone else to find out!!

Excellent news, the jug eared crisp salesman and his cronies are dusting off the big book of cookery cliches as we speak.

Oh and this isn''t a dig at Delia, I just hate the BBC''s football coverage!

[quote user="Karl Pilkington"]

I see the Doomcaster is rubbing has hands because it''ll mena we may "balance the books for the cup" with a TV date.

[/quote]

Don''t look at me, he''s not my type [:D]

"The BBc has chosen this game simply because it wants to see an FA Cup

''giant killing.'' What does that say about how NCFC are currently viewed

in the game?"

It means we are viewed as GIANTS.

The choice is more to do with the fact that tamworth are the lowest

ranked club that are guarenteed to be in the third round, also the have

a reputation for doing well against teams from much higher leagues (ie

stoke last year).

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Karl Pilkington"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thats a bit Nerdist isn''t it Angel????

Let''s face it - the rest of the country sees Norwich and Norfolk as a joke, in the same way they do the West Country and other remote places.

No doubt Linekar and Co will be thinking up pathetic cliches and steretypes as we speak but, despite the poor jokes, I think the BBC''s coverage is far far better than Sky or ITV.

Sky''s commentators and analysts don''t seem to know anything about presentation

and ITV no longer employ football people to do the job. Plus David Ple-at has to be the most annoying commentator ever. I love to hate him!

[quote user="Karl Pilkington"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Karl Pilkington"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thats a bit Nerdist isn''t it Angel????

[/quote]

Was a joke Karl, hence the smiley!!!

[quote user="7rew"]"The BBc has chosen this game simply because it wants to see an FA Cup ''giant killing.'' What does that say about how NCFC are currently viewed in the game?"

It means we are viewed as GIANTS.

The choice is more to do with the fact that tamworth are the lowest ranked club that are guarenteed to be in the third round, also the have a reputation for doing well against teams from much higher leagues (ie stoke last year).
[/quote]

don''t forget 1st division teams Hartlepool away, and Bournemouth away in the 2nd and 1st rounds respectively last year.

all ''giant killings'' as far as we''re concerned. We''re only part-time remember. Some of our lads have day jobs like the rest of us mere-mortals, so even getting to a mid week game, or training sessions is an achievment for some !

[quote user="kneeelo 74"]I agree Bruce I have a horrible feeling we are going to lose this one. Norwich away from home and on telly, with those tw  things stacked against them they would have trouble beating an under 15''s B side[/quote]

although its a good area of the country for us to play away this season. both Brum and West Brom fell upon our very blunt sword so you never know [;)]

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]Of course, the downside to the game being on TV means I now have to leave at 7.30am to get there...[/quote]

Moan...moan...moan. And I thought it was it was just us '' Joe Public '' posters who were allowed to do that ......

My heart bleeds for you Pete. Of course if you wanted to be really stylish you''d drive up there and watch it on TV in a pub in the town.........

Correct me if I am wrong. This time is absolutely a banana skin for us and if we lose, our season is over surely.

But anyway I go for a draw, it is moreover to be happen! Of course most importantly we need to see Earnie and Hucks played after last season against WHU...

Oh come on, what''s the matter with you?  We could well do a Sutton United on them, and stamp on any chance of a post-Xmas slump straight away.   Thorne might even score.

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]I''m not a morning person Smith must score...[/quote]

My sympathies if you''re not a morning person ......I''ve been married to one for 27 years !!

I also realise that you''re not a moaning person but I''m puzzled in that my wife says, strangely by co-incidence, she''s been married to one for exactly the same amount of time..........