Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Thank You Nigel

Cheers for your efforts Mr Worthington. Although I felt you''d taken us as far as you could in the summer, I recognise the great times you brought us - Cardiff, promotion, that brilliant night of the victory parade when half of Norwich turned Italian and drove around honking their horns like madmen!When you bring your next team to Carrow Road I''ll welcome you with a hearty cheer.

Nigel,

Thanks for all your hard work for the club over the past years, there have been some great memories, and I wish you all the best for the future.

KC

Thanks Nigel. I started supporting Norwich the year after we came down from the prem the first time round so you''re the only manager i''ve known who has brought good times to the club. Thanks for the memories. I''ll never forget partying on into the night at the Stadium of Light after we won the league and being on a high and driving my Durham uni mates mad for the next few weeks. In the end a sacking it had to be, but thanks for the good times!

Thanks Nigel for the good times and there were many.

I will always remember Cardiff and Crewe with great affection.

All the best for the future.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="St.John Cooper"]

Thank you Nigel for leaving the club in a poor state, for being stuborn, for not knowing when to go, for your poor decisions, tactical knowledge and ofcourse your arrogance and not being prepared to listen to those around you or the fans!  But most of all thank you for a the negativity you brought to Carrow Road with your lack lustre football and lack of ambition. Happy for hard work to prevail over skill and a good performance and a loss over a dug in result.  You will be missed, so it seems!  But not by me

OTBC

St.John

[/quote]

[irony] Remarkable restraint and respect shown St John.  [/irony]

[/quote]

You can''t deny that John actually makes some very good points...

[/quote]

wanna bet?

How different things would have been if we had beat Fulham and remaind in the premiership! cfull credit NW for having the insight to sign Crouch & Huckerby, play offs and promotion winning season were great times. Good luck in the new job and hope your luck gets better soon.

Thanks Nigel, for far more good times, than bad, despite the disappointments of the last 15 months or so. Football fans always have short memories, and it is too easy to criticise, but nobody can take away those special Championship Memories. And I think Peter Crouch should be thanking you for relaunching his career when he was being written off as a waste of money by all and sundry. Good luck for the future.

Cheers Nigel !

You made a generation of young kids in Norwich support their local club instead of Man Yoo and Chelski , it was time for you to leave and you were too bloody minded to stay , that detirmination galvanised the club but ultimatley led to your downfall. Times of late haven''t been great but you''ll be remembered fondly .

Well done Nigel, and thanks.

My NCFC related apathy was beginning to get the better of me before you kicked everyone at the club up the *rse and got them playing again.

Shame it had to come to this, and good luck elsewhere.

[quote user="Misery Guts"]

Cheers Nigel !

You made a generation of young kids in Norwich support their local club instead of Man Yoo and Chelski

[/quote]Bloody good point!

I must comment on how there are only 99 replies on this thread, how many people post here? how many fans have wished Nigel all the best? Not enough, whatever has gone on recently shouldn''t take away the sucess we had under Nigel. I am amazed that there are only 6 more replies that the "saucy avatars" thread. It just seems like some people are very greedy.

To Marty and NuttyNigel- i am not like some on here, when the horse is put down say how great it was-i stand by what i said before he was sacked and have the same opinion after unlike all those on this thread who have slagged him off and now they have got rid of him are praising the guy, very 2 faced people on here,. everyone on here praising him after calling for his head have not a clue.hang your heads in shame.

[quote user="theolster"]To Marty and NuttyNigel- i am not like some on here, when the horse is put down say how great it was-i stand by what i said before he was sacked and have the same opinion after unlike all those on this thread who have slagged him off and now they have got rid of him are praising the guy, very 2 faced people on here,. everyone on here praising him after calling for his head have not a clue.hang your heads in shame.[/quote]

I certainly don''t come under the "two faced" catagory!

I think Marty with his avatars to his credit concentrates more on two ''cheeks'' rather than being two faced!

Re: Worthy...he did do some good stuff but then definately took the p*ss at the end and just stuck around wanting the dosh rather than walking away. Its all about money, no matter who you are or what you do. This whole thread stinks like the "bloke who had no friends who everyone in the street hated until he dies then they are all go on the local news saying what a great bloke he was and making out they would miss him". ...If you liked him fair play, post it and get it off your chest, but at the end of the day I hate all this slapping on the back while concealing a knife stuff. He achieved a lot, I felt for him in that last game getting so badly abused, but you make your bed and lie in it or whatever it is you say. His first 11 was good, his squad was crap, the team is built by the manager....Roy Keane bought in quality players on a shoestring....what was it?....6 players or something in two days.....good players as well......thats a manager with a go get it attitude...not "oh I tried to sign him but they wanted to join Lincoln City instead"  

Times up, you are only as good as your latest venture, if you live on your past success you get found out.....

[quote user="theolster"]To Marty and NuttyNigel- i am not like some on here, when the horse is put down say how great it was-i stand by what i said before he was sacked and have the same opinion after unlike all those on this thread who have slagged him off and now they have got rid of him are praising the guy, very 2 faced people on here,. everyone on here praising him after calling for his head have not a clue.hang your heads in shame.[/quote]

Read my post again theolster! I think you will find that we are in agreement about people being two faced! I just pointed out that in my opinion this thread wasn''t the place for your post.

As dignified as his leaving comments were they only served to show that he''s known for some time that his days were over. He knew it, the board (in their heads not their heart) knew it, the fans knew it, and as was so obviously shown on Sunday, the playesr knew it. He stayed for the pay-off, pure and simple, and was prepared to take the club through the sh*t along the way. His behaviour towards the detractors was ample evidence of his contempt and he goes with a wry smile on his face. And as for loyalty? I remember mid-way through the Championship winning season rumours of a return to Wednesday, vigorously fanned by Worthy. He got an improved contract with a hefty pay-rise.

I''m glad he''s gone, but he''s left us on a precipice, and it is the Club apologists who are equally to blame as anyone else. Throughout all this it has all been about where your level of acceptability lies, and it is just that theirs is way below mine and most others. You get very few chances nowadays it make some kind of impact and he blew it. A decent manager would have kept us up. Annoying thing is that his signings were good and we had a hell of a chance, but from then until now we''ve been better on paper than in practice and this is the crux of the matter. We''ve been underperforming for over two seasons! Again it''s about where your level of acceptabilty (and failure) lies. The Premiership, in a lot of ways is a horrible place to be, but unless you aspire to it, for me (but not for a few of you) there''s no point.

I have no idea as to how it will go now, but I know it had to happen and I also know we''re in a far worse position than when it should have happened. With the new manager (as with any such appointment) to large extent we need to be lucky.  Let''s hope we are.

But the memories are of course great, and if for nothing else I thank Worthy for those. Cardiff was unforgetable (except for the uncomfortable and slightly strange evening in the city), Portman Road, Boxing Day, Palace (the 8000) and Burnley away, and listening to FiveLive on that Wednesday night in 2004.

Now I can properly support my team again (and by support I mean pushing them in the right direction, not the wrong one). Support is not being an apologist for a disintegrating regime that is taking the club backwards. Ashamed in any event is a ridiculous word to use for anybody. Some people are just wrong, not need to be ashamed you just got it wrong. Lets hope we can turn it around and get lucky with the new boss.

[quote user="Bundy"]

As dignified as his leaving comments were they only served to show that he''s known for some time that his days were over. He knew it, the board (in their heads not their heart) knew it, the fans knew it, and as was so obviously shown on Sunday, the playesr knew it. He stayed for the pay-off, pure and simple, and was prepared to take the club through the sh*t along the way. His behaviour towards the detractors was ample evidence of his contempt and he goes with a wry smile on his face. And as for loyalty? I remember mid-way through the Championship winning season rumours of a return to Wednesday, vigorously fanned by Worthy. He got an improved contract with a hefty pay-rise.

I''m glad he''s gone, but he''s left us on a precipice, and it is the Club apologists who are equally to blame as anyone else. Throughout all this it has all been about where your level of acceptability lies, and it is just that theirs is way below mine and most others. You get very few chances nowadays it make some kind of impact and he blew it. A decent manager would have kept us up. Annoying thing is that his signings were good and we had a hell of a chance, but from then until now we''ve been better on paper than in practice and this is the crux of the matter. We''ve been underperforming for over two seasons! Again it''s about where your level of acceptabilty (and failure) lies. The Premiership, in a lot of ways is a horrible place to be, but unless you aspire to it, for me (but not for a few of you) there''s no point.

I have no idea as to how it will go now, but I know it had to happen and I also know we''re in a far worse position than when it should have happened. With the new manager (as with any such appointment) to large extent we need to be lucky.  Let''s hope we are.

But the memories are of course great, and if for nothing else I thank Worthy for those. Cardiff was unforgetable (except for the uncomfortable and slightly strange evening in the city), Portman Road, Boxing Day, Palace (the 8000) and Burnley away, and listening to FiveLive on that Wednesday night in 2004.

Now I can properly support my team again (and by support I mean pushing them in the right direction, not the wrong one). Support is not being an apologist for a disintegrating regime that is taking the club backwards. Ashamed in any event is a ridiculous word to use for anybody. Some people are just wrong, not need to be ashamed you just got it wrong. Lets hope we can turn it around and get lucky with the new boss.

[/quote]

I totally agree with your thoughts Bundy, and I wait with ''balti breath'' the accession to the throne of "Nigel, the King is dead - long live the King!" We have to get the new appointment right - first time! I just hope Neil D and Skipjack don''t have a vote....or Delia, or Rogernator, or Micky Wynn , or! Or! Or!........Oh NO! We''re scuttled![:(]

[quote user="Misery Guts"]

Cheers Nigel !

You made a generation of young kids in Norwich support their local club instead of Man Yoo and Chelski , it was time for you to leave and you were too bloody minded to stay , that detirmination galvanised the club but ultimatley led to your downfall. Times of late haven''t been great but you''ll be remembered fondly .

[/quote]

Very well summed up

I totally agree with your thoughts Bundy, and I wait with ''balti breath'' the accession to the throne of "Nigel, the King is dead - long live the King!" We have to get the new appointment right - first time! I just hope Neil D and Skipjack don''t have a vote....or Delia, or Rogernator, or Micky Wynn , or! Or! Or!........Oh NO! We''re scuttled!Sad [:(]

Mellow yellow

------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL Mellow !    but I`m sure the board  know the importance  of getting this manager hiring  right !   mind you , if they ever consider Platt ......   [:''(]

I agree with your sentiments their but should this not be better lent to a more apt thread?

This one is about peoples testemony to our former manager. Not our thoughts for our future one.

[quote user="Bundy"]

[/quote]

totally agree Bundy.  To have sacked him now was too late but hey, there is still time enough to turn it around with a good appointment.  As for Worthington - I don''t think he will ever have successes like he had here ever again.  Time and time again he proved he could not learn from his mistakes.... pathetic.  I hope we never here the excuses bandied about last season again at Carrow Road.  Good Management is about overcoming setbacks, not blaming everything on them.  As for the state of the side - we will find out in the next few games what that is in...

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Bundy"]

[/quote]

totally agree Bundy.  To have sacked him now was too late but hey, there is still time enough to turn it around with a good appointment.  As for Worthington - I don''t think he will ever have successes like he had here ever again.  Time and time again he proved he could not learn from his mistakes.... pathetic.  I hope we never here the excuses bandied about last season again at Carrow Road.  Good Management is about overcoming setbacks, not blaming everything on them.  As for the state of the side - we will find out in the next few games what that is in...

[/quote]

And there was me thinking this was a "thank you Nigel" thread....pathetic

pathetic - I think that effectively describes the state of the playing side at the moment. 

It also describes Worthy''s decision to grab the money instead of honourably resigning from his post when he knew his time was up..

As I see it he has left us with a side hovering above worryingly close to the relegation zone and 3/4 million pounds poorer.

Good Riddance. [:|]

Doesn''t change what he did for us, CJF.

And this thread is supposed to be about the good things. That''s the point you (and others) seem to be missing. We''ve had 6 months of everything that is bad about NW, this ONE thread was supposed to be a thank you for the good times.

Oh, and as if you would "honourably" walk away from a couple of hundred grand...

Mr Worthington

I had the pleasure of meeting you in Malaysia after the high of promotion. Even on a pre-season tour you were a credit to the team that night (Finnegans Bar in the centre of KL) . I noticed you stayed professional, had a couple of pints then left early (while Delia and her Mum kept the party flowing) but it did not stop you talking to all who sought you out. A Gent...very good luck to you.

Yes, thank you Nigel for leaving us with a very weak and demotivted squad, one of the smallest and worst in the division that will, in all probability lead to relegation!!

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

pathetic - I think that effectively describes the state of the playing side at the moment. 

It also describes Worthy''s decision to grab the money instead of honourably resigning from his post when he knew his time was up..

As I see it he has left us with a side hovering above worryingly close to the relegation zone and 3/4 million pounds poorer.

Good Riddance. [:|]

[/quote]It''s hardly surprising you see it that way though is it CJF?He''s gone, and somehow people still can''t let it go. I guess it''s the fact that it''s easier to make him out to be a b**tard than have to look at your own behaviour.

Why do you assume everyone on this thread were calling for his head?

What you fail to understand is that nobody is praising worthington for the last 2-3 years most sane people realise that he has been a failure during this time but at the same time only a fool could fail to recognise the good that he did the club in his first 3 and a half years. I think people are thanking him for that!