Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Why I hope Burnley win!.

Simply: Any other result and I believe Worthless will escape the sack.

Why am I so sure?, well, for starters, its on live Sky TV.

Delia, and her cohorts will not welcome bad publicity (and demostrations) on live TV, it doesn''t look good for her and the sponsers. Chants of  ''Worthy Out'' ringinging round the ground, sends out a clear message, and a few ''Delia Out'' wouldn''t go amiss either!.

Now, think of a  City win against Burnley. Whilst I agree that under normal circumstances, that would be very nice and welcome, it would keep him in office for another 6-8 weeks minimum in my opinion, and we don''t want that, do we?.

To survive, we must lose Sunday. Yes, I know that sounds daft, but does anyone else see or want that scenario to happen like I do?.

Come on Burnley!!, and this is he only time I will say that.

Finish the fool off, we deserve better!.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Simply: Any other result and I believe Worthless will escape the sack.

Why am I so sure?, well, for starters, its on live Sky TV.

Delia, and her cohorts will not welcome bad publicity (and demostrations) on live TV, it doesn''t look good for her and the sponsers. Chants of  ''Worthy Out'' ringinging round the ground, sends out a clear message, and a few ''Delia Out'' wouldn''t go amiss either!.

Now, think of a  City win against Burnley. Whilst I agree that under normal circumstances, that would be very nice and welcome, it would keep him in office for another 6-8 weeks minimum in my opinion, and we don''t want that, do we?.

To survive, we must lose Sunday. Yes, I know that sounds daft, but does anyone else see or want that scenario to happen like I do?.

Come on Burnley!!, and this is he only time I will say that.

Finish the fool off, we deserve better!.

[/quote]Were you not backing worthy just the other week wiz ?.

Although I would never want us to lose looking back it would have been advantageous to have lost a couple of those home games we were awful in but got lucky in last year, its not as if we achieved anything anyway as we finished miles off the play-offs.

Unfortunatly I can''t see the board at our club sacking their Friend Worthington....  It is truely Pathetic and our club is suffering due to incompetance at boardroom level. Worthington knows this division inside out apparantly!!  what a joke

I suppose I can understand the logic here but I can''t bring myself to cheer on the opposition, it just isn''t right.

[quote user="mystic megson"]

Am I in a timewarp?  Just one of numerous threads where I''ve had to check the date to make sure they haven''t been resurrected from last season.

[/quote]

bit like the results and performances on the pitch and worthys words afterwards...  pathetic, our board is PATHETIC.  personal friendships unbeleivable.

I agree wiz, if we lost to burnley with a few protests it will have a much higher impact.of course we know nigel will get a lucky win  and buy himself some more time!!!!

I never want the opposition to win, especially against us on live TV. But I understand your point, its only defeats which will trigger action. Problem is I don''t have any confidence that the Board will do anything unless relegation is an actuality or very close, and that is an awful thought. Their blindness and inetria are staggering.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]I never want the opposition to win, especially against us on live TV. But I understand your point, its only defeats which will trigger action. Problem is I don''t have any confidence that the Board will do anything unless relegation is an actuality or very close, and that is an awful thought. Their blindness and inetria are staggering.[/quote]

Couldn''t have put it better myself!

1st Wizard wrote , " I hope Burnley win ".

Before the season started I felt that Worthington had passed his " best before " date, and, although none of us truly enjoy seeing City lose, a change of manager would only be quickly realised if we were to have an absolutely shocking start to the season on a par with that enjoyed by Ipswich . As a new manager Jim Magilton must have felt fairly safe, at least in the short term, but this wouldn''t ( or shouldn''t ) have been the case at Carrow Road.

Of course Sod''s Law took over and we started like top six certainties.It''s only now that it''s dawned on us that, unless changes are made very soon we''re more likely to be facing a relegation battle than promotion.

It pains me to say so but if it means a fresh face in the chair then let''s lose to Burnley but follow it up with an additional short sharp run of defeats to force those in the Boardroom to take some decisive action. I cannot believe that the Board are not worried about the present unrest and this would give them an ideal opportunity to get the fans back " on-side " again. " No pain - No gain " is a phrase that fits this scenario perfectly.

Sadly what will probably happen is that we''ll limp along , with never any real prospect of sliding into Division One, to finish mid-table and leave supporters wondering if they''ve been living in a parallel universe such will be the similarity to the last campaign.

We need a good old shambolic performance from City to really turn up the heat on Worthless and turn the crowd against him. If City put in one of their rare good performances, I can''t really see any protests gaining much momentum, which means our clueless clown staggers on and on and on ad infinitum and we could be discussing exactly the same subject in a year or two hence. So yes, I agree with the 1st Wizard.

[quote user="Marty"]I suppose I can understand the logic here but I can''t bring myself to cheer on the opposition, it just isn''t right.[/quote] I feel the same. I will be there on Sunday and ''watch the Game'' But I won''t cheer for Burnley. Yet I want Worthy out. Enough is Enough. 9 games gone and only 11 points. BAD

[quote user="Marty"]I suppose I can understand the logic here but I can''t bring myself to cheer on the opposition, it just isn''t right.[/quote]Well, isn''t cheering for worthington basically cheering for the oppoisition anyway?

wiz i can see why you are saying this but  im worried  what if we lose the next 2 drop into the bottom 3 of 4 and  sack worthy then cant get out and end up fighting for our lives to avoid the drop . worthy should really of gone before the seson starts not 10 games in and in the bottom half.

as you know wiz i have supported worthy but this cant continue and im afraid things have to change.i will be sad to see worthy go as we have had some fantastic times prem ,malaysia,winning the championship.but we must look at the future.

I can see your point Wiz and others, but I can never ever hope for Norwich not to win, it''s just not in my genetic make-up I''m afraid.  I want to see Worthy gone, but more than that I want to see Norwich win football games.  But then again, for the long-term future of the club... Confused...

I don''t feel good about Sunday.  Don''t want us to lose but won''t be overjoyed if we win.  Sad that it should come to this but dreading the atmosphere - shades of last season from the Stoke home game onwards.

But if Burnley score I don''t want to see ANYONE celebrating.  If it means that much then keep your feelings inside.

I''m so torn on this one. I don''t get to many games and have a ticket for this sunday. Therefore I desperately want to see us win but also know that a win will just serve to keep things ticking along for a few more weekends and is likely to mean more poor performances and further heartache on our travels. I can''t bring myself to wish us to lose but at the same time I think it will do more good than us winning! The worst scenario would be for us to lose and further damage our season and for no action to be taken in regards to the manager!

I think it''s sad that the board and Delia seem to be judging the worth of the manager on results alone and seem blind to the underlying problems and other issues. In an ideal world they should be alive to that and therefore we shouldn''t have to lose for changes to be made. Oh for an ideal world!

Any true supporter who wants the best for this club should be hoping for a Burnley win.  It''s our chance to finish the idiot off once and for all.  Sad that things  have had to come to this, but he cannot be allowed to carry on in charge.

C''mon posters.....stop beating yourselves up agonising over whether or not you can live with your consciences if Norwich lose and you''re secretly glad. Be strong.

Cast your minds back to two bizarre Carrow Road games last season ; Brighton ( won 3-0 ) and QPR ( won 3-2 ). We won both but did you feel much like celerating after those two little gems ? No prizes for guessing that the answer isn''t " yes " so we might just have well lost both of them.

Who was it who made you feel so bad after those games that you wished that he wasn''t the manager of Norwich anymore ?

On Saturday there is a realistic chance that just one more defeat will bring in the new era for which most of us we''ve craved so desperately for.

It''s not nice, but, if things are to change, then, just this once we need an away win on Sunday.

OTBC

[quote user="sussexcanary"]

Any true supporter who wants the best for this club should be hoping for a Burnley win.  It''s our chance to finish the idiot off once and for all.  Sad that things  have had to come to this, but he cannot be allowed to carry on in charge.

[/quote]

True supporters wanting your side to lose... interesting logic

Presumably hoping that we get relegated makes you a really true supporter...

And booing the team a really realy truly madly deeply supporter...

Getting off the fence wrote, " True supporters wanting their side to lose....interesting logic. Presumably hoping that we get relegated makes you a really true supporter......."

No true supporter would hope for relegation. All we want is a change of manager and that won''t happen unless matters are brought to a head and the Board is forced to take action.

We need to look at the " bigger picture " to realise that unless matters are brought to a head, and quickly, it''s almost certain that at best the Club will merely tread water, or at worst be involved in an almighty scramble to avoid dropping into Division One.

GOTF, the result of the next couple of games could spell the end of the Worthington administration. If they do are then you may well come to realise that they were perhaps, with hindsight, two of the most important results in recent NCFC history.

Why all this talk of losing at home? A totally inept performance resulting in a scoreless draw would do the trick, especially if the crowd let Delia and the Media know what they think of the present, ongoing, situation. Then, we follow that up with another trouncing away from home and that should be job done. If it isn''t, I am going back into hibernation for a few months.

One final point, when talking last season about who to replace Worthington with, several posters including me, put up the name of George Burley as he was available at the time - take a look at what he has done with Southampton, we missed a BIG opportunity to appoint a class manager when Delia did not act at that time.  I truly hope we don''t miss the same opportunity when Alan Curbishley becomes available in the very near future.

So you want Nigel Worthington to carry on us manager do you? I mean you must do with a remark like that.

If thats the case then i have have to challenge your worth as a true supporter.  Or, are you just a Nigel Worthington fan ??

Come on GOTF you know there are extenuating circumstances involved here, its the future of the club at stake.  Please show some savvy in your posts.

It''s always a mistake when the ''true supporter'' tag gets thrown in to the debate, it muddies the water and leads to pointless argument.I''m with Marty, Koimatsuba and Alex Harvey-Jones. I cannot want to see an opposition win, regardless of what it might mean to us getting a new manager. I''m reconciling my confusion by taking a fatalist approach - I want to see us win and I want my little boy to enjoy his first trip to Carrow Road, but if the defeat comes and brings the change I feel is needed, then so-be-it. I can cheer the team on, will be gutted if we lose, and think rationally about the consequences (either way) about an hour after the final whistle!AJ - LOL at your crack that cheering for Worthy is cheering for the opposition! [Y]

[quote user="FatMan Fat"]

Why all this talk of losing at home? A totally inept performance resulting in a scoreless draw would do the trick, especially if the crowd let Delia and the Media know what they think of the present, ongoing, situation. Then, we follow that up with another trouncing away from home and that should be job done. If it isn''t, I am going back into hibernation for a few months.

One final point, when talking last season about who to replace Worthington with, several posters including me, put up the name of George Burley as he was available at the time - take a look at what he has done with Southampton, we missed a BIG opportunity to appoint a class manager when Delia did not act at that time.  I truly hope we don''t miss the same opportunity when Alan Curbishley becomes available in the very near future.

[/quote]

George Burley is EX Scum he would never be accepted by city fans