Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Good God No!!

Okay Okay, bear in mind it is the Sun newspaper we''re talking about here, but according to them today, we''ve made an offer to Darren Anderton and he''s mulling it over this weekend.

Anderton (34) has just left Wolves and would be on a free (kicked out more like!) and he would come with an appalling ''sick note'' history.

For once, I don''t even need to justify why this would be a terrible transfer if it happened, madness!.

And Sutton''s too old?.

Oh you read it in the Sun? Must be true then.Try a bit harder, I wouldn''t use that rag to wipe my backside with.

The good thing is, they either have to come up with a different reason for not wanting Sutton, or look very silly indeed - assuming this happens!I have to agree with 1st Wiz - a disaster.

[quote user="Yellow Shrimper"]It was also in  the Telegraph & they only print transfer issues if there''s some substance to them [/quote]

It was also on BBC & Sky news..

Hope we don''t sign him though. Aswell as Sutton - Too old, and not worth the wages.

[quote user="Herb"]Oh you read it in the Sun? Must be true then.

Try a bit harder, I wouldn''t use that rag to wipe my backside with.
[/quote]

What part of my quote  ''Bear in mind it was in the Sun'' did you have trouble with Herb?.

" bear in mind it is the Sun newspaper we''re talking about here "

so why bother to post it up on the forum

" but according to them today, we''ve made an offer to Darren Anderton and he''s mulling it over this weekend."

So why bother to then speculate about it then if it was in the Sun ?

Did they also say " that he''s mulling it over this weekend." ?

or add the stuff about him mulling it over the weekend when the BBC

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]" bear in mind it is the Sun newspaper we''re talking about here " so why bother to post it up on the forum " but according to them today, we''ve made an offer to Darren Anderton and he''s mulling it over this weekend." So why bother to then speculate about it then if it was in the Sun ? Did they also say " that he''s mulling it over this weekend." ? or add the stuff about him mulling it over the weekend when the BBC[/quote]

So why post it on this forum!!!!!   Its a rumour about norwich city!!  Me and loads of others want to here about rumours about our club (not reading the Sun or Telegraph, and not watching the BBC where the topic was discussed).

The problem is you comment on the rumour as if it were a fact and then start criticising the manager for something that isn''t true, thats pathetic.

you don''t think the telegraph make stuff up either, cos they do, they have as much space as the other papers to fill,

[quote user="rich"]you don''t think the telegraph make stuff up either, cos they do, they have as much space as the other papers to fill,[/quote]

Papers like the Telegraph at least sell in large numbers and can afford journalists. The Sun has the whole News International machine behind it including Talk Sport and Sky, so although often wrong has a reasonable record - but the Daily Mail!!! When did it ever get anything right about anything!

" Me and loads of others want to here about rumours about our club "

What loads of others. Imaginary friends or something ?

There is a section on this forum called Transfer Talk where you can put up stuff like that.

My suggestion is that you have used this bit of groundless rubbish merely to attack the club, as per usual.

Oh, and it''s hear not here (you with your university education and all, tut tut).

Ralph - A bit harsh mate. I saw this on the BBC teletext service, and thought the same as 1st Wiz, IF true, it will be hard to square the decision after all that has been said about Sutton, not an attack on NW or the club, just an opinion. I was glad to hear that NW has denied any interest. You cannot always dismiss these things out of hand, a number of Sunday papers had the speculation regarding talks about Greeno going to Charlton, something the club has now confirmed as being true......

[quote user="A load of squit"]

The problem is you comment on the rumour as if it were a fact and then start criticising the manager for something that isn''t true, thats pathetic

[/quote]

If you read the post correctly Squit you''ll see he dosnt attack the manager, but I think you just want an excuse to have a go at Wiz, now thats pathetic

Ralph - it must be truly exhausting walking around with that enourmous great chip on your shoulder all day !

We''re all loyal fans of this club or we wouldn''t bother coming on this forum. 

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]" Me and loads of others want to here about rumours about our club "

What loads of others. Imaginary friends or something ?

There is a section on this forum called Transfer Talk where you can put up stuff like that.

My suggestion is that you have used this bit of groundless rubbish merely to attack the club, as per usual.

Oh, and it''s hear not here (you with your university education and all, tut tut).[/quote]So who died and made you the post god? People regularly post transfer speculation in this forum you''ve never moaned, I don''t believe this post contains an attack on the club unless you can actually point it out to me? and if your such a great poster why don''t you do your own threads, instead of just going into other peoples and moaning and I''m sure you''ve never made a spelling mistake. Once again your just using any excuse to attack other supporters for no reason with pathetic name calling, grow up.

[quote user="sussexcanary"]

Ralph - it must be truly exhausting walking around with that enourmous great chip on your shoulder all day !

We''re all loyal fans of this club or we wouldn''t bother coming on this forum. 

[/quote]

well said sussex canary
it seems to me that ralph is just looking for trouble along with herd, trying to cause an arguement over something so petty.

[quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="A load of squit"]

The problem is you comment on the rumour as if it were a fact and then start criticising the manager for something that isn''t true, thats pathetic

[/quote]

If you read the post correctly Squit you''ll see he dosnt attack the manager, but I think you just want an excuse to have a go at Wiz, now thats pathetic

[/quote]

Apologies for confusing you UEA Canary, my post was in response to Pauls post that was above mine and it was a general comment that these type of rumours are commented upon as if they are factual, a diatribe against the manager usually follows (I think a good recent case was the Sutton to Ipswich non story).

I''ll try and be less pathetic in future!

It is a new form of "MCarthyism" called "Wrightism", every post has to be scoured as all posters are potential enemies of the club. The next step will be the "Ralph Wright Canary Citizen Patriot Act", so be careful what you say to your mates when you are next discussing Norwich City over a pint...........

[quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="A load of squit"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Apologies for confusing you UEA Canary, my post was in response to Pauls post that was above mine and it was a general comment that these type of rumours are commented upon as if they are factual, a diatribe against the manager usually follows (I think a good recent case was the Sutton to Ipswich non story).

I''ll try and be less pathetic in future![/quote]

Thats fair enough squit, I can understand where your coming from and I apoligise for calling you pathetic. Firstly CJF = Paul correct? Secondly noone has really criticised the manager in this thread at all, so I don''t think it was necessary to bring it up. So can''t we just forget it and move on we''ve kept alot of the bad vitrol at bay for some time lets keep it that way.