Sign in to follow this  
CHIRPING CANARY

Cardiff want francis.................

[quote user="Chirp Chirp"]A source today has said cardiff are in line to sign Francis from wigan. Going to bigger and better things hey Damo............Ha Ha who are ya!!!!!!!!!!![/quote] How the mighty have fallen. Is there a sell on clause in his contract??

Although I would welcome him back here if he could re-kindle the form he showed us and has since shown no one - I am sure we are bound to have got a sell on clause in the deal somewhere!!!How funny would that be?!!! On teamtalk.com it says wigan are prepared to sell for around £1.5million!!!!!Thats so funny - we would have sold a player for £1.5 million got £250k in one bonus this season and he has done very little competatively for them. The only player that we will have sold to earn us money for doing nothing!However I think if he goes he will go towards the end of the summer depending on if Wigan can hold onto any of their other midfield players that have done well this season and attracted the attention of the bigger clubs (the ones with more money and more than 12,000 fans to turn up against Arsenal).

I feel sorry for him but......There a phrase..oh what is it.......What comes around, goes around! I''d welcome him back though cause I liked him, he was a good player and probably still is!

[quote user=" Hugh Jarse"]Proplem is a Cardiff team with Koumas and Francis would run rings around us so lets not get too smug about it[/quote]

exactly, i would happily have francis back

he is better than the crap we have now!

[quote user=" Hugh Jarse"]Proplem is a Cardiff team with Koumas and Francis would run rings around us so lets not get too smug about it[/quote]

very true....  I would have Francis back, he wanted to play in the premiership and his agent (the esteemed muppet Tony Finnegan) talked him into it (as he did a fair few other players in the summer).

We have truely missed the sight of him winning the ball and poweriing forward with it.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

very true....  I would have Francis back, he wanted to play in the premiership and his agent (the esteemed muppet Tony Finnegan) talked him into it (as he did a fair few other players in the summer).

We have truely missed the sight of him winning the ball and poweriing forward with it.

[/quote]

Yup ,  we truly missed that sight  most of the way through our prem season  and beyond !   and he can`t  possess many brain cells  or integrity  if he `s allowed his agent to dominate him !  I wonder  what his agent has been feeding him  to explain why he`s in the reserves at Wigan ?

Despite all thats happened, and despite the fact that IMO, Worthy wouldn''t want him back now, I''d love Damo back here. We''ve never really replaced him have we?.

Could it work?....................................I think it could.

Although it would take climb downs'' of biblical proportions on all sides for it to happen.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Despite all thats happened, and despite the fact that IMO, Worthy wouldn''t want him back now, I''d love Damo back here. We''ve never really replaced him have we?.

Although it would take climb downs'' of biblical proportions on all sides for it to happen.

[/quote]

Worthy is too petty a man for this to happen..........

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

Worthy is too petty a man for this to happen..........

[/quote]

Yes, it''s very petty of him to not want to sign a player who disrupted the club during our pre season (some say for longer) and REFUSED to play because he couldn''t get his own way over a transfer.  That''s not petty I take it?

I don''t think for one second that Francis would come back here, he wouldn''t have the back bone to come back in the first place.

Plus players and managers very rarely do as well in a second spell.

We are crying out for a player like Francis & we are yet to replace him. When he played well, we looked good as a team. However, I can''t see the management or the board even considering the idea... They''re far too stubborn for that!

Some people have very short memories.  Francis did nothing from December onwards and lost all interest in playing for us once talk of a move surfaced in the January.

For the second part of the season he was picked on former glories and absolutely did not earn his place. Further to this, he disrupted the team ethos and showed complete contempt for our club. Even during the early part of our Premiership season Francis was massively inconsistent and he was distinctly average the previous season.

For me, if a manager like Paul Jewell wants him out, that only reaffirms my view.

True to form Wiz, ar''nt you, remembering his performance against Fulham. Also your, and indeed my remarks about him on these boards.  He would''nt nail his colours to any mast and from the sound of you, past and present, neither would you.

Well said Leeds Yellow, my sentiments entirely.  NCFC needs people that can be relied upon to do what their paid for.  This is not being stubborn we need people who are dependable, full stop.

I would have have him back if portsmouth can forgive harry redknapp then we can forgive damo francis

[quote user="LeedsYellow"]

Some people have very short memories.  Francis did nothing from December onwards and lost all interest in playing for us once talk of a move surfaced in the January.

For the second part of the season he was picked on former glories and absolutely did not earn his place. Further to this, he disrupted the team ethos and showed complete contempt for our club. Even during the early part of our Premiership season Francis was massively inconsistent and he was distinctly average the previous season.

For me, if a manager like Paul Jewell wants him out, that only reaffirms my view.

[/quote]

Exactly,

He didnt perform at all after christmas when we looked doomed, he had a new club on his mind and couldnt give a dam. He was apparently distruptive in training and i wouldnt want that ****** back.

[quote user="YGB"]I would have have him back if portsmouth can forgive harry redknapp then we can forgive damo francis[/quote]

Forgive ??   the guy  has a huge chip on his shoulders  !   he`s a puppet  manipulated by the loathsome  Finnigan ,   it wont be long before  he`s discarded as   non profitable  ,   the question is ... will Francis   survive being ditched as a failure ,  by Wigan , AND  his agent ?  can`t see it myself ......

[quote user="beelsie"]Well said Leeds Yellow, my sentiments entirely.  NCFC needs people that can be relied upon to do what their paid for.  This is not being stubborn we need people who are dependable, full stop.[/quote]

get rid of Worthy and bring back Francis - Francis refused to play for Worthy because he realised that Worthy was a fool..

Herbert !! It had nothing to do with Worthy being a fool. It is just a case of Francis having poor standards of behaviour and not living up to his contract.  Also it looks as if he has been found out again.

[quote user="beelsie"]Herbert !! It had nothing to do with Worthy being a fool. It is just a case of Francis having poor standards of behaviour and not living up to his contract.  Also it looks as if he has been found out again.[/quote]

Dead right Beelsie.  He is coaster, he gets by putting in minimum amount of effort.  I think people forget that Francis only performed at his best for 4 or 5 months of his time here.  It was only later on in the promotion season, when it looked like we would be promoted that he started to perform.  Before then (to me) he looked very average and uninterested.  Then once he had made a bit of a name for himself in the Premiership he switched off again and just appeared to want away.

In the summer he put his parts on like a petulant child and refused to play in a friendly because the club refused to sell him to Portsmouth. 

Ability or not, he is not the sort of player we should be looking at.  We need players with ability who will work hard and fight when we are in the poo.  Note Henry for Arsenal chasing back several times to right and left back positions when Arsenal lost possession Wednesday night.  Quality and work rate, it does exsist.

I am a committed Worthy outer but nobody can seriously suggest blaming him or the club over Francis, his behaviour was a disgrace and he has been found out at Wigan. Plenty of natural talent but not prepared to work hard enough to make the most of it.

As far as I am concerned, he can continue to slide back down the leagues. He is probably happy with the money he has made so far anyway, him and his agent deserve each other.

Mark .Y.

[quote user="BedsCanary"]I suppose it makes sense from Damo''s point of view, seeing how Cardiff is so close to his home town and all[/quote]

Cardiff - London  = 152 miles    so , yes ,  about 50 miles nearer  !    maybe he and his agent   have a cunning plan ?     like  getting  near to London   in stages   .....

Bristol   118  miles

Soton     78     "

Oxford    62    "

Colchester   59  "

Southend   40   "

Slough    22   "      reserves and bootboy   !        but , hey ,  the bright lights   only  a half hours

drive away    !