Posted (edited)

Well Mr O'Hara has been doing his usual 

" They should be banned from the PL " routine. 

He really is a lickspittle isn't he. A bang average ( and that's being kind ) footballer who some how has developed a superiority complex against smaller clubs. 

And Gabby agbonlahor as his co comms on there, Christ on a bike if Gabby had any brain cells he'd be dangerous. 

It's about time these platforms were more widely called out for their own big team bias and vvãñk fests. 

The only person I don't mind listening to on there is Simon Jordan, even then it's in small doses.

Don't get me wrong Sheff U are one of those hugely unlikable clubs but no one deserves the disrespect this shower shows clubs of our size. They ridicule teams who can't spend, they ridiculed Forest for spending like they did, yet kiss the **** of the big clubs who chuck billions at it to beat teams who are scraping away millions. 

Screenshot_20240427-203942~2.png

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Think there'll be less talk of clubs 'giving it a go' now that theyre docking points for spending money they dont have

Yes- the narrative on Forest has changed hasn’t it ? 

We were the tip of the spear on the 'ban them from promotion' thing, it'll only continue to gather support.

Only today I was reading the sentiments of a Man U fan who desperately wants Ipswich to get promoted and Hull to follow through the playoffs. Simply on the basis that Leeds, Southampton and Norwich are 'just the same old promoted teams'

The sooner the big 6 eff off the better. They’re the ones that should be banned from the premier league. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Coneys Knee said:

The sooner the big 6 eff off the better. They’re the ones that should be banned from the premier league. 

That'll amount to killing the goose that lays the golden egg, and we all need a bit of that.

The financial implications of losing Man. U and Liverpool especially will reverberate throughout the leagues. 

Football is firmly entrenched in the lucrative television age, like it or not, and the English Premier League is the most watched league throughout the world by some distance.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

….give it a go? I can’t remember if they did this year or not ? Maybe I’ll need to ask TalkSh1te 

They're making a valiant attempt at breaking a record, only 4 goals to go!

9 hours ago, Mason 47 said:

We were the tip of the spear on the 'ban them from promotion' thing, it'll only continue to gather support.

Only today I was reading the sentiments of a Man U fan who desperately wants Ipswich to get promoted and Hull to follow through the playoffs. Simply on the basis that Leeds, Southampton and Norwich are 'just the same old promoted teams'

Thats because he feels thats at least 12 points they'll get in their struggle to tjhe top six!!!!

Well to be fair, they are now effectively banned for a period of at least 1 year 🤷‍♂️

Only Luton made a go of it from the start IMO, it's taken Burnley 30 games to figure out what works in the PL with their squad and Sheff Utd have been clueless from day one.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

He really is a lickspittle isn't he. A bang average ( and that's being kind ) footballer who some how has developed a superiority complex against smaller clubs. 

And Gabby agbonlahor as his co comms on there, Christ on a bike if Gabby had any brain cells he'd be dangerous. 

It's about time these platforms were more widely called out for their own big team bias and vvãñk fests. 

The only person I don't mind listening to on there is Simon Jordan, even then it's in small doses.

Agreed. I haven't listened to Talksport for two or three years now, and the reason was because they just hire pundits who give controversial opinions rather than talk any sense, Jordan aside.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

That'll amount to killing the goose that lays the golden egg, and we all need a bit of that.

The financial implications of losing Man. U and Liverpool especially will reverberate throughout the leagues. 

Football is firmly entrenched in the lucrative television age, like it or not, and the English Premier League is the most watched league throughout the world by some distance.

I’d rather have a league without the golden egg to be honest. It’s killed the premier league as a competition.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

I’d rather have a league without the golden egg to be honest. It’s killed the premier league as a competition.

Clubs with any sort of ambition such as City cannot live on gates alone, or even the tenners from distant supporters like myself who buy Canary TV when we can.

We want to see the Saras and the Sargents in the yellow (both costing millions from far afield) as much as we cherish our Academy status and its ability to produce youngsters of worth.

A football club is an expensive animal to run nowadays and requires that particular pot of gold at regular intervals.

Our brief PL incursions may have been joyless at times, but they have financed the team we have today and the ability to bring through Jonny Rowe and others. And that's discounting the few millions that filter through the leagues in various ways from the Premier League, which itself needs the big boys to maintain its valuable worldwide attraction.

It is the way it is.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Mason 47 said:

Well, we all like novelty… but the irony of that statement, in view of clubs who enjoy permanent PL residency via their ultra- wealth, will be utterly lost on fans like that. And upon the media oafs who are equally addicted to words and trophies for the same old top 6.

It’s the bored petty emperor routine.. bring me some interesting victims who’ll entertain me before my gladiators dispatch them.

Except that the plastic football fans, journalists & administrators are just like hordes of amoeba-rats riding on their demigods’ coat tails… paying their tribute where they must and picking up crumbs of (respectively) glory, money and power dropped by top 6ers.. but they've forgotten that’s all they are.

There’s something sick about the mass group-think they put themselves in, having (maybe long ago, maybe yesterday) picked their favourite from the options most likely to give them their sensations of fake semi-permanent success. Behaving in imitation of their petty gods, they manage to find yet more ways to demean themselves, in how they treat clubs outside the self-defining power gang they attach themselves to.

Edited by GenerationA47
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Don't get me wrong Sheff U are one of those hugely unlikable clubs but no one deserves the disrespect this shower shows clubs of our size. They ridicule teams who can't spend, they ridiculed Forest for spending like they did, yet kiss the **** of the big clubs who chuck billions at it to beat teams who are scraping away millions. 

Their job is to create debate and the easiest way to get people to 'phone in to the station is to say something bat sh!t mental, I don't think they care about credibility.

Chris Sutton is another one, he sees his job as winding up Robbie Savage, Rangers supporters, pundits who are Rangers supporters and Todd Cantwell.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Well can't say they arent consistent. Least they admit they only want clubs run by oil barons and gangsters who breech ffp every season in the Prem.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

One shining light of the premier league is if the binners shipped 3 against hull, I mean haldacky or whatever his name is needs replacing he's god awful!

Imagine how many they going to ship on a 😀sunny  afternoon in London 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I think giving it a go is at least as much about attitude and approach as it is about spending money, and spending money is about spending it well. 

Both Luton and Burnley have in different ways given it a go, which is why along with Forest’s points deduction one of them still has a chance of staying up. 

Sheff U gave up before the start by letting themselves be demoralised by selling Berge and Ndiaye. But I don’t think either is so good that with the same attitude they’d have done noticeably better had they kept them. 

It’s like how (sorry) when you went up last Farke basically said before the season started he wasn’t expecting to pick up any points until Watford. Or, slightly more understandably after a 9-0 humping how Parker threw in the towel for Bournemouth who then sacked him and stayed up comfortably enough with the same squad and a manager who hadn’t admitted defeat. The exception to this is Fulham (grr) last season where Silva complained his squad was too bare but actually still set up to compete. 

Forest if anything show simply chucking money at it isn’t giving it a go having scraped into 16th last season above another overspender in Everton and now at best hoping for 17th even if their points deduction is completely overturned. They could still go down even if it is. If anything, I think their spending spree, despite being based on Marinakis believing it should take them into top 7 contention, undermined them having the right team cohesion and attitude to succeed. 

Also, an attitude of “we can do this” makes for watching a battle for 17th or above much more fun than a more realistic “we’ll be lucky not to finish bottom”.