cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Canaries V Swans*

listening to Radio Norfolk- you do get some real strange people on their  -doing there rant

A really frustrating result. I thought we’d put on a show today and blow Swansea away and all but confirm our play off place. But not to be.. if Hull win tonight then it’s going to be a nerve racker at a raucous St Andrews! 

22 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

They’ll beat PNE at home comfortably.

Not judging on their last two games they won’t 

Rowe clearly isn't anywhere near match fit and contributed very little, I'd have certainly have left Sainz on as he works well with McCallum likewise Fassnacht and Stacey on the other side are effective and it was noticeable that Stacey didn't get forward much once Fassnacht went off. Whilst I get the desire to give Rowe some minutes before the play-offs I wonder whether he's been rushed back before he's ready, it was also odd to put Barnes on when he wasn't fit enough to start.

I'm sure Wagner will have his reasons for the subs but if Barnes has any sort of a muscle issue that could be him out for what's left of the season.   

What a very strange 2 games. We haven't lost but looked thoroughly ordinary against two sides, though in good form, our home record should have seen at least 4 points from IMO.

Crowd & players seemed a little flat. Frustrating is very much the word for this game, coming from a goal down to schlub a draw in the end. Didn't look as effective when Rowe came on, who looked like he was in pre season.

Quite a few decent little chances generated, not necessarily finished poorly but with better finishing the attempted blocks wouldn't have mattered.

Work to be done. Disregarding the Hull game, we need to go to Birmingham and get a result.

1 minute ago, Mason 47 said:

What a very strange 2 games. We haven't lost but looked thoroughly ordinary against two sides, though in good form, our home record should have seen at least 4 points from IMO.

Crowd & players seemed a little flat. Frustrating is very much the word for this game, coming from a goal down to schlub a draw in the end. Didn't look as effective when Rowe came on, who looked like he was in pre season.

Quite a few decent little chances generated, not necessarily finished poorly but with better finishing the attempted blocks wouldn't have mattered.

Work to be done. Disregarding the Hull game, we need to go to Birmingham and get a result.

Crowd were flat, city was full of stag and hen dos clogging up the bar service very, very bizarre stuff.

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

Crowd were flat, city was full of stag and hen dos clogging up the bar service very, very bizarre stuff.

Grey and grizzly weather to boot, no Ricardo in the far end either. Didn't feel like a last CR game of the season.

Hopefully, that's an omen that it isn't.

• Like 1

Just going to see what happens in the Hull v Ipswich game.

If Hull win, I think we're in the sh!t, even a draw may not then be good enough at Birmingham

Needing to go to St Andrews and possibly needing a win against a side fighting for their lives is not ideal

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

McClean? Player of the season? You're having a laugh!

FFS 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

WBA still in the equation..

Yep and could fininsh 7th

**** poor performance all things considered.

Substitutions made us worse. Rowe well off the pace.

1 hour ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

Come on Ipswich.

They are going up anyway, Leeds have bottled it, may as well do us a favour on the way.

**** that. Draw maybe. No way I ever support them. 

• Like 1

Just to add Barnes clearly not fit and Sainz signalled to come off.

SVH got 5 secs on the pitch so clearly impressing Wagner in training.

It's a **** league but we could still get promoted!

1 minute ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Anyone who still doesn't get why Kenny won pots should probably watch something else.

He's the most consistent player for sure so he'd have been my player of the season but today was one of his poorer games.

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, city4eva said:

FFS 

A broken clock maybe but he's correct. People do tend to forget and forgive Kenny's 5-6/10 games, like today. Take out Sara's goal and assist and he still had a miles better game than the mayor, and there will have been plenty of other cases like this.

Unlike a lot of people I rate McLean more  as a player more than I do a leader,  of course I don't have a Mensa level football IQ like a lot of our fanbase.

Edited by KeiranShikari

1 hour ago, canarybubbles said:

Again we put Rowe on and we look worse. No matter how good Rowe is individually, Sainz gives far more to the team as a whole.

Every fcuking time. Any sort of a bid north of £10m and he's gone.

Only contribution was to gift Swansea a corner.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Anyone who still doesn't get why Kenny won pots should probably watch something else.

Don’t quite get your comment but I thought he had a terrible game.  Just gave ball away all the time.  Same sort of game as Bristol. Defence look wide open.  Two points from six very disappointing.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Myra Hawtree said:

Don’t quite get your comment but I thought he had a terrible game.  Just gave ball away all the time.  Same sort of game as Bristol. Defence look wide open.  Two points from six very disappointing.

Kenny won it because on a metaphysical chiropractic level he is the embodiment of a team facing adversity and coming out on top (most of the time). I think he's been been more obviously 'good' on the pitch too with his surging runs and playing in various positions. I think a lot of people hadn't noticed how good Kenny is at knitting together a team prior to the last 2 seasons.

He mostly won it because of the metaphysical chiropractic stuff though.

Edited by KeiranShikari

10 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Kenny won it because on a metaphysical chiropractic level he is the embodiment of a team facing adversity and coming out on top (most of the time). I think he's been been more obviously 'good' on the pitch too with his surging runs and playing in various positions. I think a lot of people hadn't noticed how good Kenny is at knitting together a team prior to the last 2 seasons.

He mostly won it because of the metaphysical chiropractic stuff though.

Metaphysical chiropractician of the season, you'll never sing that!

Their first goal looks more woeful the more you see it.

Long would have been crucified for that!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Just watched the highlights… both goals are bad to concede. McCallum for the second in the build up was dreadful. He’s defending really is questionable.

Where I sit there looked a player clearly offside just before the penalty ?

12 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Their first goal looks more woeful the more you see it.

Long would have been crucified for that!

I've not seen a replay but he hit it so hard there wasn't exactly an abundance of time to react. He'd have also been expecting him to go across the goal.

Just now, KeiranShikari said:

I've not seen a replay but he hit it so hard there wasn't exactly an abundance of time to react. He'd have also been expecting him to go across the goal.

I sit Upper Barclay. It didn't look good.

The general consensus seems to be he should have done better.

2 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Worst thing is...Ipswich know they can lose tonight to royally screw us...and still get promoted with their last 2 games...

You really think they’ll worry about us ?

They’ll want to get it over the line asap

• Like 1