Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Swansea predictions

Posted (edited)

So what are we thinking then? Get the feeling it's going to be another one similar to Bristol that may be harder than some think. Then again in Bristols case it was mostly due to them bothering to attack us and clearly thinking they could win rather than just sitting back and passing it aimlessly hoping for a draw around like so many other teams seem to have done when playing us at Carrow Road this season..

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

So what are we thinking then? Get the feeling it's going to be another one similar to Bristol that may be harder than some think. Then again in Bristols case it was mostly due to them bothering to attack us and clearly thinking they could win rather than just sitting back and passing it aimlessly hoping for a draw around like so many other teams seem to have done when playing us at Carrow Road this season..

Despite my fears logically I'm expecting a win. They'll be no cobwebs or woolly thinking / holiday mood in team after Bristol. A workman like ruthless performance.

It will be interesting to see how we approach this game. Will we go all out for the win, or will it be a more pragmatic Wagnerlike approach? We conceded quite a few chanced against Bristol and it's just as well Gunn was to the rescue.

Can see this being a nervy 1-0 or 2-1 to us, but I also fear another twist in this bonkers league, and you never know with Norwich!

Nerves all around from players and the crowd,hope we can get a atmosphere going,they will need it.

Posted (edited)

Depending how tonight’s game goes, we might only need a point to as-good-as confirm 6th, but we definitely don’t want to be counting our chickens…remember what happened last time we were relying on Cov not winning ‘x’ number of games to see us out!?

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Depending how tonight’s game goes, we might only need a point to as-good-as confirm 6th, but we definitely don’t want to be counting our chickens…remember what happened last time we were relying on Cov not winning ‘x’ number of games to see us out!?

When our season finished Coventry still had 4 games to play and needed to win them all. One of those was at Stoke City who missed a penalty that would have saved us. Coventry’ s final game was st home to Champions Everton played 12 days after our last match. Everton had been on the booze for days clebrating their title winnand one Coventry player said afterwards that they could smell the alcohol on the Everton platers’ breath. I believe this fiasco led the football authorities to have the ladt matcjh of tbe season foe all clubs to be played on the same day kicking off at the same time.

Nervy one this for me also. Swans have won their last 3 games and have nothing to play for. All the tension will be from our players and fans especially if we don't start well.

14 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

When our season finished Coventry still had 4 games to play and needed to win them all. One of those was at Stoke City who missed a penalty that would have saved us. Coventry’ s final game was st home to Champions Everton played 12 days after our last match. Everton had been on the booze for days clebrating their title winnand one Coventry player said afterwards that they could smell the alcohol on the Everton platers’ breath. I believe this fiasco led the football authorities to have the ladt matcjh of tbe season foe all clubs to be played on the same day kicking off at the same time.

I think it was 3 matches. Stoke away then Luton and Everton at home. 

I blame the Toffees more than Coventry,
if Stuart Pearce's comments in Psycho are to be believed. "You could smell the booze on the breath of the Everton players," Pearce writes. "We were sure that they had been out on the Saturday night to celebrate."

Play like last Saturday and it will be a nervy afternoon, still expecting a win though so 2-0.

We got a shock last weekend when the Robins didn’t want to play ball and have their tummies tickled so beating the Swans is no foregone conclusion. I really hope we can win as the last thing we want is a trip to Birmingham needing something when they might need something too.

I’ll go for a nerve racking 2-1 home win.

4 hours ago, Satriales said:

Nervy one this for me also. Swans have won their last 3 games and have nothing to play for. All the tension will be from our players and fans especially if we don't start well.

TBF they have faced Stoke, Rotherham and Huddersfield ... and two of those were home fixtures.

I think we'll have lazer focus and get the job done.

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

He's behind you!

Oh no he isn't?

I`m coming up to see this one on Saturday. I`m bring my little ones up with me. I`m 45 and they are both under 10, I will school them before the weekend on how to sing OTBC and how to support like your lungs are about to pop! My eldest supports Spurs, and my youngest is a fan of Palace. But both of them will be there to sing on the Canaries to the play offs! My eldest only supports Spurs due to Kane in the Euro`s and was very impressed that he used to play for us. I told him he wasn`t good enough for us and we let him go back to Spurs to get better :) Ive followed Norwich since 1988 and I believe that a Norwich v Ips**** at Wembley is a real and achievable finish to a great second half of a season. I`ll be in the lower Regency (River End) this Saturday cheering them on with my little ones. Here`s to a glorius final home game of 2024! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaveyP1979 said:

I`m coming up to see this one on Saturday. I`m bring my little ones up with me. I`m 45 and they are both under 10, I will school them before the weekend on how to sing OTBC and how to support like your lungs are about to pop! My eldest supports Spurs, and my youngest is a fan of Palace. But both of them will be there to sing on the Canaries to the play offs! My eldest only supports Spurs due to Kane in the Euro`s and was very impressed that he used to play for us. I told him he wasn`t good enough for us and we let him go back to Spurs to get better 🙂 Ive followed Norwich since 1988 and I believe that a Norwich v Ips**** at Wembley is a real and achievable finish to a great second half of a season. I`ll be in the lower Regency (River End) this Saturday cheering them on with my little ones. Here`s to a glorius final home game of 2024! 

Enjoy.

Hopefully we'll have one more home game on May 12th!

We draw. 
And Hull draw with the scum. 

Mathematically goes to the last day. Albeit we’d need to royally fu(k it up. 

2-0 win, both goals scored in the first 10 mins then a proper turgid 80 to finish it off with the ball never leaving the centre circle is what I’m praying for 

21 hours ago, DaveyP1979 said:

I`m coming up to see this one on Saturday. I`m bring my little ones up with me. I`m 45 and they are both under 10, I will school them before the weekend on how to sing OTBC and how to support like your lungs are about to pop! My eldest supports Spurs, and my youngest is a fan of Palace. But both of them will be there to sing on the Canaries to the play offs! My eldest only supports Spurs due to Kane in the Euro`s and was very impressed that he used to play for us. I told him he wasn`t good enough for us and we let him go back to Spurs to get better 🙂 Ive followed Norwich since 1988 and I believe that a Norwich v Ips**** at Wembley is a real and achievable finish to a great second half of a season. I`ll be in the lower Regency (River End) this Saturday cheering them on with my little ones. Here`s to a glorius final home game of 2024! 

That’s poor indoctrination! Age is still good though to change allegiances.