2 minutes ago, overthebordercanary said:

That's the Achilles heel with our defence, they can't really deal with any pace. 

Which is why if we play Farke we will get thrashed! Imagine Summerville v old man Duffer or the Titanic that is Gibson.  

Just now, yellowrider120 said:

Which is why if we play Farke we will get thrashed! Imagine Summerville v old man Duffer or the Titanic that is Gibson.  

Lost both times to both Leeds and Leicester because of it.

If we would have had this ref against cheating Howson, we would already be in the playoffs, barring goal difference 

Now that 3rd goal would have definitely ben ruled out - Gnonto was miles offside how the linesman missed that is ludicrous

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Bomber said:

Now that 3rd goal would have definitely ben ruled out - Gnonto was miles offside how the linesman missed that is ludicrous

No I thought it was OK, I froze the picture on my tv I drew the two lines across my screen and definitely on side! (PS I hate Ipswich) 😂👍

Edited by Indy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Indy said:

No I thought it was OK, I froze the picture on my tv I drew the two lines across my screen and definitely on side! (PS I hate Ipswich) 😂👍

I tried that but I only had a blue pen.

• Haha 1

I felt my chair tilt as thousands of hearts sank in Suffolk.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

4-2 all over

Probably 

Even that one had a touch of offside!

Posted (edited)

Hopefully they see this through then beat QPR on Friday

With Ipswich not playing at Hull until Saturday night, it could well be our result vs Swansea earlier in the day that determines quite how much hunger Hull will have in that match

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Even that one had a touch of offside!

Yes, I got Mrs R to slide a ruler across the screen but she wasn't  quick enough.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Hopefully they see this through then beat QPR on Friday

With Ipswich not playing at Hull until Saturday night, it could well our result vs Swansea earlier in the day that determines quite how much hunger Hull will have in that match

Yes it's fallen very nicely for Ipswich really, two potentially tough away fixtures against Hull and Cov, yet they have to play each other first and then Ipswich's games are after the main round of fixtures. 

But if Hull v Cov draw, and a West Brom defeat to Sheff Wed, then I think both Hull and Cov still have a play off shout when they face Ipswich? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Banjoman said:

I think both Hull and Cov still have a play off shout when they face Ipswich? 

Not sure it matters, as Bristol City showed, and Boro tonight.

Hope Hull beat Coventry to keep play off ambition alive and then beat Ipswich Saturday.

8 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

Hope Hull beat Coventry to keep play off ambition alive and then beat Ipswich Saturday.

That combination won’t be to bad as long as we beat Swansea

Posted (edited)

What tonight showed is that we really must try to finish 5th incase its Leeds who do end up in 3rd

Their firepower over 180 mins would just be too much for us.

I'd take Southampton all day long at the moment.

I suspect WBA know this too...

16 minutes ago, Well b back said:

That combination won’t be to bad as long as we beat Swansea

Not holding any hopes on us beating swans. Probably a drab game and 1 1 again

17 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

What tonight showed is that we really must try to finish 5th incase its Leeds who do end up in 3rd

Their firepower over 180 mins would just be too much for us.

I'd take Southampton all day long at the moment.

I suspect WBA know this too...

Interesting summing up re WBA, who have lost twice to Soton, won and drawn against both Ipswich and Leeds. ( conceding just 1 to each of Binners and Leeds ) WBA rely on their excellent defence, so will be the most likely team to knock Leeds out as Leeds struggle against teams that can defend well, which was not dissimilar to us under Farke.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Interesting summing up re WBA, who have lost twice to Soton, won and drawn against both Ipswich and Leeds. ( conceding just 1 to each of Binners and Leeds ) WBA rely on their excellent defence, so will be the most likely team to knock Leeds out as Leeds struggle against teams that can defend well, which was not dissimilar to us under Farke.

Maybe WBA will try to engineer a 6th place finish in that case !?.

Even more reason for us to finish 5th. Let WBA beat Leeds or Ipswich in the semis, then we beat them in the final!

4 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Maybe WBA will try to engineer a 6th place finish in that case !?

So many permutations lol, should Leicester lose to Soton tomorrow ( or Wednesday not sure when it is ) it could well be Leicester finishing 3rd, however a Leicester win has them almost over the line.

Whatever happens, this is turning out to be an end of season to savour, especially when, at one time, it all looked like fizzling out to a boring, meaningless mid-table nothingness.

Personally, I feel that WBA will be the toughest nut in the play-offs, especially if Leeds get an automatic. This is because they seem to be the team with a defence which is less vulnerable. What great manager once said, "build from the back?" 

Perhaps for this reason I see Saints as the weakest, and you could possibly throw in our results against them this season as opposed to the way we got on against Leeds. RM has never quite convinced me as a manager and, although I love the guy, feel he is overrated as such. He talks a good self.

The Binmen cannot possibly be as bad as they were against us both games this season, the first in attack and the second all over. Respect has to be given to their achievements this season, but they seem to have strength and vulnerability in equal portions and might even be considered flat track bullies, as a result. Their points tally against the top teams this season is poor. They might well be the weakest of the contenders should they go up. 

All good stuff. I wish we had a 'Big Dunc' to lead the way.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Whatever happens, this is turning out to be an end of season to savour, especially when, at one time, it all looked like fizzling out to a boring, meaningless mid-table nothingness.

Personally, I feel that WBA will be the toughest nut in the play-offs, especially if Leeds get an automatic. This is because they seem to be the team with a defence which is less vulnerable. What great manager once said, "build from the back?" 

Perhaps for this reason I see Saints as the weakest, and you could possibly throw in our results against them this season as opposed to the way we got on against Leeds. RM has never quite convinced me as a manager and, although I love the guy, feel he is overrated as such. He talks a good self.

The Binmen cannot possibly be as bad as they were against us both games this season, the first in attack and the second all over. Respect has to be given to their achievements this season, but they seem to have strength and vulnerability in equal portions and might even be considered flat track bullies, as a result. Their points tally against the top teams this season is poor. They might well be the weakest of the contenders should they go up. 

All good stuff. I wish we had a 'Big Dunc' to lead the way.

Flat track bullies is an extremely good description. Their record against the top sides is awful.