2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Flat track bullies is an extremely good description. Their record against the top sides is awful. 

To be fair we were fairly similar under Farke

Leeds away to QPR on Friday. If they win that it really piles the pressure on Leicester and Ipswich.

You'd fancy Binners to be 3rd now and our best chance of reaching Wembley is if we're 6th.

Twists and turns to come yet. It's be a bonkers season in all competitions. We just need to look after ourselves, and a bit better than we did against Bristol.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Leeds away to QPR on Friday. If they win that it really piles the pressure on Leicester and Ipswich.

You'd fancy Binners to be 3rd now and our best chance of reaching Wembley is if we're 6th.

Twists and turns to come yet. It's be a bonkers season in all competitions. We just need to look after ourselves, and a bit better than we did against Bristol.

Yes - A lot more will be certain before Saturday!

I suspect / fear we may need a point for certainty at B'ham ! 

Edited by Yellow Fever

57 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

If offered 5th now and 2 games against Southampton ,I'd take it.

For purely footballing reasons we'd have the best chance vs Ipswich but if it turned out to be Leeds in 3rd,I just cant see us overcoming them over 180 mins.

7 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

If offered 5th now and 2 games against Southampton ,I'd take it.

For purely footballing reasons we'd have the best chance vs Ipswich but if it turned out to be Leeds in 3rd,I just cant see us overcoming them over 180 mins.

Play-off are pretty much a lottery and probably will be decided by the famous moments rather than form or tactics. Looking at it honestly I am not confident we have enough to get through the three games but we have given ourselves a chance. Southampton does look the least stressful option, which raises the question wouldn't you prefer them in the final? Unless of course you only want a big day out (as we all do)

16 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Play-off are pretty much a lottery and probably will be decided by the famous moments rather than form or tactics. Looking at it honestly I am not confident we have enough to get through the three games but we have given ourselves a chance. Southampton does look the least stressful option, which raises the question wouldn't you prefer them in the final? Unless of course you only want a big day out (as we all do)

We've got to get there first...I'd think we'd have more of a chance in a one off game at a neutral venue vs Leeds as opposed to 2 legs, the second leg at elland road

18 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Unless of course you only want a big day out (as we all do)

I want my big day out not to be ruined by the stress of playing Ipswich. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thought the Boro Leeds game was very interesting considering Farke is our lord and saviour (to some) and Wagner is the devil incarnate (for some). Mainly because:

1) Leeds got a lead and came out second half sitting deep trying to protect it. Something Wagner has been accused of being "far too negative". I do wonder if our fans thought the same about Farke last night.

2) Leeds then relied on "individual quality" in Sommerville to win the game on the counter. This is an argument I've never understood but it's the most popular one on Twitter - that Wagner isn't a decent manager because he relies on "individual quality". I'm not sure there is a coach that doesn't and considering these same fans adore Farke (as do I), I do think people forget what they said on here and elsewhere whenever we played without Buendia...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

I want my big day out not to be ruined by the stress of playing Ipswich. 

Well, I'd much rather be eliminated by one of the others than by them, even if it means missing out on a potentially big Wembley pay-day.

Their lot (TWTD) fear the same re: us.

• Like 1

Just now, hogesar said:

Thought the Boro Leeds game was very interesting considering Farke is our lord and saviour (to some) and Wagner is the devil incarnate (for some). Mainly because:

1) Leeds got a lead and came out second half sitting deep trying to protect it. Something Wagner has been accused of being "far too negative". I do wonder if our fans thought the same about Farke last night.

2) Leeds then relied on "individual quality" in Sommerville to win the game on the counter. This is an argument I've never understood but it's the most popular one on Twitter - that Wagner isn't a decent manager because he relies on "individual quality". I'm not sure there is a coach that doesn't and considering these same fans adore Farke (as do I), I do think people forget what they said on here and elsewhere whenever we played without Buendia...

"Devil incarnate?"

I've never seen him remotely portrayed as that on this forum.

I don't particularly rate the man and would wish for a Knapper revolution in the form of a clean sweep, wherever we end up next season.

Wagner deserves a lot of credit for our recent run and is a nice chap and all that, so devil incarnate he most certainly 'aint.

Most of this forum wanted him replaced at one stage of the season, to say nothing of when we went through that shambles at the end of the last.

8 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Well, I'd much rather be eliminated by one of the others than by them, even if it means missing out on a potentially big Wembley pay-day.

Their lot (TWTD) fear the same re: us.

The question is, how would I feel about this prospect being removed by them going up automatically... I can't say I want that to happen, but I guess it would be a consolation. 

And of course if they do end up in the top two, that will probably mean they've taken enough points off Hull and Coventry to secure our place in the top six.

May you live in interesting times...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

The question is, how would I feel about this prospect being removed by them going up automatically... I can't say I want that to happen, but I guess it would be a consolation. 

And of course if they do end up in the top two, that will probably mean they've taken enough points off Hull and Coventry to secure our place in the top six.

May you live in interesting times...

Ipswich will probably drop points to the team we dont need them to drop points against and beat the team we we dont need them to beat...

It might all become a little clearer after the Coventry v Hull game tomorrow...

To get to the PL would be incredible given the odds we will have to surmount to get there. Could be two legs over Ipswich then Farke v Norwich in the final, or even Russell v Norwich. 

Not so personal matches v WBA and Leicester would be tough too, but the added frissance of getting promoted instead of Farke/Martin and Ipsh!t would be amazing, whether we have to play any of them or not! 

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

We've got to get there first...I'd think we'd have more of a chance in a one off game at a neutral venue vs Leeds as opposed to 2 legs, the second leg at elland road

It is a reasonable opinion although not one I share, I think it really makes no substantive difference. It will probably scrabbling around to win by the odd goal in the second leg and then practicing penalties for the final. One mistake, or more accurately one less mistake than the others, will settle it. I am not confident, but hopeful.

Can we get there first by any means?

The most difficult thing is always to get over the line - WBA are not there either yet.

It seems as if all the top 6 are fluffing, or in danger of, their lines which is why I was so pleased with the point vs Bristol. Not a loss!

Neither do I take for granted Swansea!

My guess is all the teams are running on empty.

4 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

WBA are not there either yet.

Hmm, the news on the date of the playoff final implies the EFL already believe they are going to finish 5th! A bit like the FA deciding it was going to be an all Manchester Cup final!

#modernfootballisrubbish

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lake district canary said:

To get to the PL would be incredible given the odds we will have to surmount to get there. Could be two legs over Ipswich then Farke v Norwich in the final, or even Russell v Norwich. 

Not so personal matches v WBA and Leicester would be tough too, but the added frissance of getting promoted instead of Farke/Martin and Ipsh!t would be amazing, whether we have to play any of them or not! 

Ipswich over two legs and Farke in the final? Both Ipswich and Leeds to miss top two?