KiwiScot

****Official Lappinitup Match Thread - Preston v Norwich****

Re SVH.  Knapper may hold the purse strings but Wagner calls the tune.

10 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

He is a classy player indeed, goals and assists alone gives him POTS for me. 

He's a real players , player and always has been . Team player  , no ego , nice guy. Well done City.Well done Gabi. Individual  brilliance. Top Man from Brazil 🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷️.

Just now, Mengo said:

He's a real players , player and always has been . Team player  , no ego , nice guy. Well done City.Well done Gabi. Individual  brilliance. Top Man from Brazil 🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷🇧🇷️.

And must be worth around £20m! Another season of Sara would be lovely, just need promotion now. 

4 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

Re SVH.  Knapper may hold the purse strings but Wagner calls the tune.

The way it should be !!!!.

2 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Are we saying Van Hooijdonk isnt even good enough to play 10 mins vs a side who were 2nd from bottom?

Yes, I think we are

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

And must be worth around £20m! Another season of Sara would be lovely, just need promotion now. 

At the very least. Unfortunately, we will find it very hard to keep this guy with or without promotion. The guy is hot property.  

1 minute ago, Pyro Pete said:

Listening to Dale on Canary Call.

Can't understand a single word.

Not from around these parts then ?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mengo said:

At the very least. Unfortunately, we will find it very hard to keep this guy with or without promotion. The guy is hot property.  

If we're not going to have a serious stab at survival on promotion, then you're probably right, but if the club has a serious plan to invest in the squad to survive this time then I think that might be a bit different. I think we are going to give it a serious go next time up; that's the whole reason Webber convinced Smith and Jones to bring in new investment, which has appeared in Attanassio.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Game changed when Preston put on a third striker and gave us total control of the midfield after that. We had a man over in midfield after the substitution and Preston failed to get the ball through to their three strikers.

I don't know enough about Preston's players to be totally confident in this view, but it seemed to me like a classic example of the truth that just chucking players up front doesn't make you more attacking. I was more worried about them before their subs

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, C.I.D said:

Not from around these parts then ?

Oh, sure.

It's not the accent, but the speed.

Plus the nonsense. But each to their own.

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, BurwellCanary said:

cant say I fancy Leeds in the semis though

I actually really believe facing Leeds with Farke in the play-offs would be great.

If we win, then we're promoted and the Farke monkey is off ours and Wagner's back.

If we lose, then it makes it easier to dispatch Wagner in the Summer.

At the end of the day whoever we face is going to be decent; we just have to be better on the days of the games.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Mengo said:

The way it should be !!!!.

Thats as maybe but it does beg the question of Knappers idea of a good player and it must affect the relationship between him and Wagner.He surely cant be happy that the player he thought could replace Idah cant get a look in.
Wagner may call the tune on the pitch but Knapper has a big trump card if he wishes to play it

Edited by Grumpy

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

Thats as maybe but it does beg the question of Knappers idea of a good player and it must affect the relationship between him and Wagner.He surely cant be happy that the player he thought could replace Idah cant get a look in

That's as maybe  , me personally  this S.director , is just another made up job. Yes it fashionable , but a head of recruitment and a good recruitment  team . To many people give these guys to much praise and almost do make themselves bulletproof.  Bobby's job. They are signing on a player that a good scout has watched. WE don't seem to give credit to the correct people at times. FOR me The managers the man , sorry not cool enough head coach. Ffs.

Edited by Mengo
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I actually really believe facing Leeds with Farke in the play-offs would be great.

If we win, then we're promoted and the Farke monkey is off ours and Wagner's back.

If we lose, then it makes it easier to dispatch Wagner in the Summer.

At the end of the day whoever we face is going to be decent; we just have to be better on the days of the games.

Why would we be despatching a manager who would have got us to the playoffs...off the back of currently having the 2nd best points total in the league since Nov 5th....54 pts in 28 games?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mengo said:

That's as maybe  , me personally  this S.director , is just another made up job. Yes it fashionable , but a head of recruitment and a good recruitment  team . To many people give these guys to much praise and almost do make themselves bulletproof.  Bobby's job. They are signing on a player that a good scout has watched. WE don't seem to give credit to the correct people at times. FOR me The managers the man , sorry not cool enough head coach. Ffs.

I agree entirely

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Grumpy said:

I agree entirely

Very good , brilliant you agree.

5 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hwang was and is a better striker than HoojiDonk.

Spicy.

Hooji Hwang 🤣

6 hours ago, Pyro Pete said:

Oh, sure.

It's not the accent, but the speed.

Plus the nonsense. But each to their own.

Wull my ol booty, howd’yew knoo it wuh narnsense win yew dint undastand a single wurd?

So that's he play offs sorted

Dassnacht, Lungi, Gino and Hanley should be back/fit by then - the only fear is losing a player or two to injury

Any of McLean, Sara. or Sainz would hit us hard, as with Gunn