Having slept on it,and calmed down a bit,I guess most of us would have taken a point on Sat and a win last night. But i guess its simply the way we thru it away. Total lack of game management. 

Yep we missed some chances,but defensively shocking,not for the first time.Any team who decides to just go long and bombard us seem to find our weakness.........our centre backs,regardless of who they are. That ,and leaving Barnes up top, has to be addressed if we make the play-offs.

Posted (edited)

Did go to show how much substituions can change a game.

I mean Sheffield went and made what, 5 subs before the 70th minute? And yet who do we bring on? Uh, Gibbs and Hoojidonk.

Any surprise they were able to get back into the match while we struggled?

I know it's partly down to depth issues which has been a thing for most of the season but I'm really getting worried beacause all it's going to take is a few more injuries and we are toast. I mean let's say Sargent get's injured again and is out for the rest of the season, or Sara or Nunez..

Just what the hell are we gonna do?

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I mean Sheffield went and made what, 5 subs before the 70th minute? And yet who do we bring on? Uh, Gibbs and Hoojidonk.

I know it's partly down to depth issues which has been a thing for most of the season but I'm really getting worried beacause all it's going to take is a few more injuries and we are toast. I mean let's say Sargent get's injured again and is out for the rest of the season, or Sara or Nunez..

IMG_9170.jpeg

31 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Why stop there? What if the whole squad gets taken out by Ebola? Carrow Road burns down, or Kieran McKenna wins a billion dollars in a US lottery? 

See @KeiranShikari’s post on catastrophising.

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Why stop there? What if the whole squad gets taken out by Ebola? Carrow Road burns down, or Kieran McKenna wins a billion dollars in a US lottery? 

See @KeiranShikari’s post on catastrophising.

Yeah that's going down a storm.

Some people liked it though...

50 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Yeah that's going down a storm.

Some people liked it though...

Yes, I did, see my comment on the thread. If nothing else, it’s got us talking about mental health.

• Like 1

So we make play offs go up and keep Wagner?

We make play offs don’t go up and keep Wagner into the first part of next season?

We don’t make play offs and get rid of Wagner with Knapper’s own choice coming in?

Which of those is the best choice? Personally I want Knapper’s man at the helm and a sustained footballing identity with someone that isn’t a Webber afterthought. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

We make play offs don’t go up and keep Wagner into the first part of next season?

We don’t make play offs and get rid of Wagner with Knapper’s own choice coming in?

Which of those is the best choice? Personally I want Knapper’s man at the helm and a sustained footballing identity with someone that isn’t a Webber afterthought. 

All questions for the Summer. For the last few games of the season this is what we have, so let's just wish manager and players alike the best in making the best of the opportunity they've managed to create.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

That’s interesting. I was at the game and we certainly bought Gibbs on, only for him to get injured after a couple of minutes and be replaced by Fassnacht. Late on in the match we bought on Duffy. I certainly didn’t see Hooijdonk, who did he replace?

9 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

It's too late now to worry about players getting injured,  you play every game to win. A win last night would of been huge, now we have to get something Saturday, and the end gets harder. 2,0 is a terrible score to go negative,  which we have done to many times. 

I fear last night was the easier of the 3 remaiming away games.

Preston are a better side and if Birmingham need something on the last day to avoid relegation , I fear we'll crumble.

I would think we now must win the 2 home games and possibly need to be unbeaten in these 2 away games left.

Had we have seen last night through, we would have allowed ourselves the buffer of being able to lose one of them

I think lasts night late capitulation may well prove to be quite damaging

10 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I think it's also worth remembering that they really pulled out all the stops to beat Ipswich, which was only a few days earlier; they must have been feeling that last night as well.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

What match were you watching?  Gibbs came on, went off Injured and Fassnacht replaced him.

If we did bring Hooijdonk on, Ok, so he's not so mobile, but he's a lump and may have been helpful when they were dominating the box for those corners.  But we didn't even give him a second.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Danke bitte said:

Wagner is no more Webber's afterthought than Knapper is.

As so many times before, last night's capitulation was solely down to limited tactical awareness from our coaching team. Can't recall how many times it's happened, at least a dozen over the season, but at 2-0 up when we again went backwards 20 yards with no "out"" forward ball after 60 minutes, the loss of 2 points was pretty inevitable - in the end, we were lucky we didn't lose all 3.

I don't mind losing when it is deserved, but time after time after time we do the hard part, get into winning positions and then simply invite the opposition to take over the initiative. It's like we hand out a surrender notice and we contrive to draw or lose games we have already won. This manager is tactically out of his depth and proves it game after game. I genuinely wouldn't have him coaching the under 8s. He just doesn't learn. There is one way of playing and if that doesn't work we collapse - it doesn't matter whether we are winning or losing, his approach is the same. The only times it works is if one or more of our players does something individually outstanding. As a team ,we are hopeless tactically. 5 away wins all season is poor - especially when it should have been 9 or 10 with some pretty basic awareness.

People on here saying he's done well to turn it around need to at least acknowledge that he took the team with 3rd highest wageroll in this league to 17th position and a potential relegation fight - the bar for improvement is very low, on that basis. The home form has improved, but it was hard for it to get worse than Blackburn; the away form is still atrocious.

I'm sure he's a lovely man and is doing his best etc. but it simply isn't good enough and if Knapper has anything at all about him Wagner has to go at the end of this season, whatever happens. God help us if we were to get promoted and keep him in charge.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

What match were you watching?  Gibbs came on, went off Injured and Fassnacht replaced him.

If we did bring Hooijdonk on, Ok, so he's not so mobile, but he's a lump and may have been helpful when they were dominating the box for those corners.  But we didn't even give him a second.

The person who would have been really, really helpful when they were dominating the box for those corners was Duffy. The problem last night was that we didn't bring Duffy on early enough (as I've said elsewhere they may have been reticent because of the injury he was carrying) but given that we did bring him on in the 90th minute you have to assume that he would have been okay to have come on shortly after we conceded the first goal. 

49 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I fear last night was the easier of the 3 remaiming away games.

Preston are a better side and if Birmingham need something on the last day to avoid relegation , I fear we'll crumble.

I would think we now must win the 2 home games and possibly need to be unbeaten in these 2 away games left.

Had we have seen last night through, we would have allowed ourselves the buffer of being able to lose one of them

I think lasts night late capitulation may well prove to be quite damaging

Blimey are you expecting, Ipswich, Leicester, Leeds and Southampton ( add in a bit of WBA as well ) to lose every game until the end of the season as Coventry and Preston will have to almost do that if we win our 2 home games. With their fixtures left if we draw Saturday that’s Preston finished.

11 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

The person who would have been really, really helpful when they were dominating the box for those corners was Duffy.

Like you, I just presumed he was a risk due to injury, whereas I was thinking (while watching) that if we swapped SvH for Barnes would've give us some height in the box and kept us with an outlet up the field in open play.

I mean, he can't be absolutely useless, surely?!

Any team who decides to just go long andbombard us seem to find our weakness.........our centre backs,regardless of who they are. 

Thats exactly what the binners did with far better forwards than Sheffield Wednesday and got no more. WBA also did the same, with no result.

36 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Blimey are you expecting, Ipswich, Leicester, Leeds and Southampton ( add in a bit of WBA as well ) to lose every game until the end of the season as Coventry and Preston will have to almost do that if we win our 2 home games. With their fixtures left if we draw Saturday that’s Preston finished.

Only one team has catch us and Coventry still have a game in hand

At this stage of the season its always better to have the points than games in hand. Preston have a tough run (after us at their place 😉 ) but Hull could be the dark horse

2 hours ago, Well b back said:

Yes

1 hour ago, Canario said:

At this stage of the season its always better to have the points than games in hand. Preston have a tough run (after us at their place 😉 ) but Hull could be the dark horse

No

2 hours ago, Canario said:

Is that the Hull that have won one in 8 and have Ipswich, Coventry and in form Watford away to play