Sign in to follow this  
yellowrider120

Tickets for away leg of Play Offs

IF we get there of course!

Straight question - would the current Sales Group priority order still apply? I assume it would as the match is basically an extension of the league season and not a 'Cup' game?

Just now, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I hate to be the one who rains on the parade , but can we try and get there first? 

PS I hope us season tickets holders get a plus one at Wembley. 

1 minute ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I hate to be the one who rains in the parade , but can we try and get there first? 

PS I hope us season tickets holders get a plus one at Wembley. 

Was one ticket per season ticket last time and they sold quick! I reckon Norwich could probably take 45k+ if they’d let us. They could do with building a bigger wembley.

4 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Was one ticket per season ticket last time and they sold quick! I reckon Norwich could probably take 45k+ if they’d let us. They could do with building a bigger wembley.

Not talking about Wembley. I mean away leg of the semi final.  

If you had the priority for the League game at a Portman Road, you can bet you will have it for the play off semi whether there or elsewhere. Home games don't count in the mad NCFC world. Quite a few away games may not either unless you have paid the extra fee.

I hate reminding anyone will need to win at least 1 away win to get to PL.  Not a good record against the better sides away from Carrow.  If places remain as currently most likely Saints in final play City.  REally need Ipswich to finish third, Leeds no chance in semis.

2 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

Straight question - would the current Sales Group priority order still apply? I assume it would as the match is basically an extension of the league season and not a 'Cup' game?

I can only think of one person who would want a tried and tested system that has worked without issue for 23 league games to be torn up if we made it to the play off semis.

The choice was there to pay £25 at the start of the season and base your chances of getting tickets on the number of games attended in 2022/2023.

Your assumption has to be correct David.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, essex canary said:

If you had the priority for the League game at a Portman Road, you can bet you will have it for the play off semi whether there or elsewhere. Home games don't count in the mad NCFC world. Quite a few away games may not either unless you have paid the extra fee.

Nor do match picks...which a lot of people had for Portman Road. 

3 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

There’s just two groups for the play offs.

Group one: No Pantwetters.

Group two: Pink Un Username alphabetical order.

Don't like your chances Dave…

🙃💛💚

6 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

🙃💛💚

ASMS looks a shoo-in for Group Two until all the smart-a*ses decide they’ll join the board as Aaron Aardvark 😀

…….

11 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

🙃💛💚

If I don't make Group 1, I do have a chance in Group 2! 😀

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

I can only think of one person who would want a tried and tested system that has worked without issue for 23 league games to be torn up if we made it to the play off semis.

The choice was there to pay £25 at the start of the season and base your chances of getting tickets on the number of games attended in 2022/2023.

Your assumption has to be correct David.

Except there are 46 league games and perhaps little more than 1 of them required the £25 additional investment so why bother especially for anyone who could stomach not going to Portman Road in mid winter?

2 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Nor do match picks...which a lot of people had for Portman Road. 

Fair point. At least that would be an improvement given it was utterly daft to apply that rule there.

4 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Fair point. At least that would be an improvement given it was utterly daft to apply that rule there.

But to not apply It to selective games would also be unfair too.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Except there are 46 league games and perhaps little more than 1 of them required the £25 additional investment so why bother especially for anyone who could stomach not going to Portman Road in mid winter?

Except that there are 23 away games not 46 which is the topic under discussion in relation to the away leg of any potential play off semi final. 

Edited by TIL 1010

18 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Except that there are 23 away games not 46 which is the topic under discussion in relation to the away leg of any potential play off semi final. 

Can you imagine a focus group involving Ethics?.... he cannot stop his whataboutery, ahyesbutterey and ivegotyetanotherirrelevantpointerey. 

• Haha 2

So in the semi’s is it like a cup game ie you get x % of the ground ? Or can 2 clubs like us and the binners, carry on our feud ?. If it is the first, won’t be many other than s/t holders getting tickets for the home leg.

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

But to not apply It to selective games would also be unfair too.

The original idea was because with games such as Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, West Ham etc. Some London based fans were buying the 'product' and not getting a look in for their money so fair enough. Equally many fans at the consultations were saying that it won't work in the Championship. When QPR,  Millwall and Watford are substituted, they are right aren't they? It doesn't work so why try to make it work? The only plausible reason is to make tuppence halfpenny at the expense of fan loyalty which sums up the Club in it's current mode of operation. Football supporting is not a 'product'. S&J's original principles of the best in service to supporters are no more.

Spoke to Tom Smith on Saturday and he assured me I’d have no trouble with tickets for Binland should we get them. 👍

I think Essex you should go and support the Binners, who pay £40 for their membership ( £15 more than us ) and then give the away tickets to Ed’s mates and staff.

Surely our way is best, I go games all over the country, even last year when it’s pits. Why should you suddenly get priority over me because the games are bigger, that’s glory hunting.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, essex canary said:

That is exactly why people bother. You know that most games won’t require it but suspect a few will.  Ipswich, Birmingham I would guess. There’s always the possibility of an away cup tie at a small ground. Others decide to take the risk, which is fair enough. One and only one whinges constantly that he and various family members should get priority just because of who he is!

7 hours ago, Well b back said:

So in the semi’s is it like a cup game ie you get x % of the ground ?

EFL rules state an allocation of 2000 or 10% of the capacity if it is under 20K so it will be the same as for the league game. 

All those that this year renewed their Season Ticket before the first deadline should be entitled to 4 tickets for the play-off games....Then if we're successful in winning those play off games?....I should then also be guaranteed 4 tickets for the Final.....

It's only fair....I've personally showed loyalty and commitment to the Carra Cause.... So therefore, I should be rewarded for my loyalty and integrity!....

Mello, troo fan....

8 hours ago, essex canary said:

The original idea was because with games such as Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, West Ham etc. Some London based fans were buying the 'product' and not getting a look in for their money so fair enough. Equally many fans at the consultations were saying that it won't work in the Championship. When QPR,  Millwall and Watford are substituted, they are right aren't they? It doesn't work so why try to make it work? The only plausible reason is to make tuppence halfpenny at the expense of fan loyalty which sums up the Club in it's current mode of operation. Football supporting is not a 'product'. S&J's original principles of the best in service to supporters are no more.

What is the difference between paying £25 for a Norwich City membership and a £25 membership to become a Friend of The Theatre Royal the main benefit of which is to give a 2 day window to purchase tickets ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

What is the difference between paying £25 for a Norwich City membership and a £25 membership to become a Friend of The Theatre Royal the main benefit of which is to give a 2 day window to purchase tickets ?

I always moan about the £25 ( personally because I can’t get my match pick) but it is just about right I think. 

6 hours ago, DraytonBoy said:

EFL rules state an allocation of 2000 or 10% of the capacity if it is under 20K so it will be the same as for the league game. 

Thanks for that, group 2so got binners tickets this season, so should just about be ok.

As someone who can get to very few games, especially now there are so few London ones, I paid my £25 away membership for this season as a small contribution to club coffers, since I am a fan of Norwich City Football Club. I've not got my money's worth this season,  but that wasn't why I bought it. I understand many people see their shareholding in a similar way.

Because I haven't been to that many games, I highly doubt I'd be able to get a ticket to a play-off semi-final, even as an away member. But that's as it should be. I'm happy with that.