It was a huge personal disappointment to find out Bob Vylan was from, and even worse, supports Ipsquit. But, 'He's a man' would be a good theme tune for any stone island wearing moron.

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Thumbbass said:

It was a huge personal disappointment to find out Bob Vylan was from, and even worse, supports Ipsquit. But, 'He's a man' would be a good theme tune for any stone island wearing moron.

I saw him at Rebellion last year-enjoyed the music, very loud and punky, but I was not so impressed about the lyrics-some very angry songs about the police.

IMG_4620.jpeg

Be afraid, be very afraid 🤣

It might help if the numpty held the camera up the right way - though perhaps given the limited number that was the idea

Meanwhile, here is where the binboys got their inspiration from - at 2 mins in

2 hours ago, Google Bot said:

It's one thing to label music as simple or unchallenging and criticise it as personal opinion.  But it's a whole other thing to set a threshold and attempt to denounce others on that basis, doing so is a prime example of elitism in music.

Go to any school kids talent show and see someone performing "Sheeran music" solo with an acoustic and tell them they don't care.

Frankly if they’re not covering Nick Drake or John Martyn then they clearly have no taste, are sh*t and should stop wasting everyone’s time. 😉

5 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Frankly if they’re not covering Nick Drake or John Martyn then they clearly have no taste, are sh*t and should stop wasting everyone’s time.

Martyn influenced many, including Sheeran.  So although you're having a little joke there, it's not all that far removed than you think, just a different package for a different generation.

It's likely that If Sheeran was an underground artist doing the same thing, the snobs would all be up his ****.

20 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Martyn influenced many, including Sheeran.  So although you're having a little joke there, it's not all that far removed than you think, just a different package for a different generation.

It's likely that If Sheeran was an underground artist doing the same thing, the snobs would all be up his ****.

I get what you’re saying. But just because an Ipswich player was influenced by Cruyff or Pele, it doesn’t mean I have to like them!

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Google Bot said:

I don't like him myself, but I hate elitism around music like this.  Liking Ed Sheeran doesn't mean you lack care for music, and to give him some credit he's one of the few top artists who is regularly holding a guitar in his hand. 

It's mainstream, sure, but he's responsible for many kids picking up a guitar today.

You know what, to an extent, I agree. It was a throwaway post and I was looking at it through a pretty narrow lens. As you've said he plays and instrument but he's also known for writing his own and the songs of a lot of others, or at least co-writing. Whilst I don't like many of these songs they clearly do well so he is talented in that regard.

That being said if you're only really listening to whatever is on radio 1 whilst driving to work I'd still struggle to call you a music fan. It would like saying you're into literature having only read EL James and Stephanie Meyer or are really into games despite only playing Flappy Bird and Candy Crush.  At worst it's a very light form of elitism, probably the right amount.

Although of course if you do only want to listen to Ed Sheeran in the car and read 50 Shades Of Grey then go for it.

Edited by KeiranShikari
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

But just because an Ipswich player was influenced by Cruyff or Pele, it doesn’t mean I have to like them!

I can't stand Sheeran, so how i've even ended up defending him is beyond me.  How do i get back to dry land, please? 🙂

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Although of course if you do only want to listen to Ed Sheeran in the car and read 50 Shades Of Grey then go for it.

However, if you support Ipswich, **** right off.

4 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

I can't stand Sheeran, so how i've even ended up defending him is beyond me.  How do i get back to dry land, please? 🙂

You also prompted me into thinking a bit more critically which resulted in a softening of opinion on him too. Big net negative for you today.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

I saw him at Rebellion last year-enjoyed the music, very loud and punky, but I was not so impressed about the lyrics-some very angry songs about the police.

IMG_4620.jpeg

Too angry for Mr Angry?

8 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

One of the good things about being old is I haven’t a clue as to what any of Sheeran’s output sounds like.

From what posters on this thread have said about him maybe that’s a blessing…..

If you've been in a supermarket that has in store radio over the last 15 years you've likely heard Ed Sheeran.

Posted (edited)

I have tried a few times with his music on YouTube, but have given up. I's awful.

I went back to Neil Young, a million miles difference in the music and the talent involved in making it good to listen to.

Johny Rotten👍

ES👎

Edited by BroadstairsR

2 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

IMG_4620.jpeg

Are you sure the lyrics were about the police? Given that he’s from Suffolk, when he says pigs, he really means pigs.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

I have tried a few times with his music on YouTube, but have given up. I's awful.

I went back to Neil Young, a million miles difference in the music and the talent involved in making it good to listen to.

Johny Rotten👍

ES👎

Even Paul Young is an improvement.

59 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Even Paul Young is an improvement.

Include Jimmy Young in that.

The old 'uns will remember.

Why are they called Ultras and not thugs? Where does the name ULTRA come from, referring to football fans?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Harry53 said:

Why are they called Ultras and not thugs? Where does the name ULTRA come from, referring to football fans?

Looks as though ULTRA was started by Brazillian and Italian fans back in the 1950's. Don't think the binner ultra fans would stand much of a chance against one of the Milan teams Ultra groups.

35 minutes ago, Satriales said:

Looks as though ULTRA was started by Brazillian and Italian fans back in the 1950's. Don't think the binner ultra fans would stand much of a chance against one of the Milan teams Ultra groups.

Which is better though - an Ultra or an Elite? 

There’s only one way to find out… no, scratch that. 😳

13 hours ago, Satriales said:

Thank you for explaining it. Does seem to be a strange word to describe these people

21 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Wasn't the singer from Busted or McFly an Ipswich fan?

Yeah the tall ugly one with massive brows

15 hours ago, Satriales said:

They wouldn't stand much chance against Wroxhams Ultras....

57 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

They wouldn't stand much chance against Wroxhams Ultras....

Or Hells Grannies…. 

Posted (edited)

I'm going to setup our version of the ultras tomorrow if anyone wants to meet by Carrow Bridge,

We'll be called "The Rummuns", So you gotta be a rum ol' bugg3r if you want to join.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Harry53 said:

Universally Laughable Totally Redundant Ar$eholes 🤣

On 04/04/2024 at 02:01, KeiranShikari said:

Sheeran is music for people that don't care about music and just want something in the background whilst driving to work or whatever.

Exactly this. 

But that's exactly the type of music which ends up getting the radio play at 8am and in all the family friendly Spotify playlists, and getting the PRS payments for being played in chain shops, hence why he's absolutely minted.