1.3, they want it more than us and over the season are clearly better. Hope I’m wrong but at least I’ll make a forecast. 

The timing of this thread is not your finest hour after we are smarting from the tactical masterclass executed by Wagner at Leicester followed by watching The Scum display everything we are not. Could you not wait a couple days ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

The timing of this thread is not your finest hour after we are smarting from the tactical masterclass executed by Wagner at Leicester followed by watching The Scum display everything we are not. Could you not wait a couple days ?

Why should he! It’s the lads life posting on here and nowt is Changing that fact. 

• Haha 1

If we play Kenny at the back and take the game to them then I think it’s a win or draw. If we sit off them like the first 45 at their place, or today, I think they’ll have the game won by the time we make a change to try and respond. 

1 minute ago, S_81 said:

If we play Kenny at the back and take the game to them then I think it’s a win or draw. If we sit off them like the first 45 at their place, or today, I think they’ll have the game won by the time we make a change to try and respond. 

We don't make changes to try and respond to the opposition, we make like for like changes and carry on as before.

If we can scrape a 0-0 or 1-1 it will be a reasonable outcome and set them back a bit as long as Leeds and Leicester continue winning - sadly I cannot see 3 points for us this time

Had R Martin killed them off when Saints were in complete control and with KM likely to miss the match? I would have been saying that we could edge past them. However, the raucous celebrations at the end and them grinding out the win without KM makes me fear the worst. I can see a 1-2 or 1-3 coming up. 

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

We don't make changes to try and respond to the opposition, we make like for like changes and carry on as before.

His subs are baffling, yeah. Albeit I’ll give him a degree of mitigation in not having a lot to work with in depth terms. 

5 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Think on who we play at the back will depend on if they have Moore avaible. Start with either McLean or Sorensen with Moore on the pitch is asking for him to win every header.

We have the quality to beat them but we will have to match their heart and desire and this team is seriously lacking in those qualities 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Just five days until we play the binners at home. What are we thinking?

What are you thinking?

The way the Binners are playing at the moment I can't see anything otherthan an Ipswich win, with a red card for Sainz.

We have to admit that the Scum have been superb this season. They don’t score so many late goals by luck but by the determination to take the game to the opposition right to the final whistle. Under Lambert and Farke we were the same. Being a derby I hope we will get a result but no one will be surprised if the Scum end their 15 year run.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Think on who we play at the back will depend on if they have Moore avaible. Start with either McLean or Sorensen with Moore on the pitch is asking for him to win every header.

Fair point. Duffy on Moore then? Kenny alongside. Surely can’t play Duffy and Gibson together. Eek 

2-1 to us - they were definitely not the better side either tonight or on Saturday, but kept going and ground it out so you have to say good luck to them.  But this is derby day and if we aren’t up for it from the off and for the entire 90+ minutes we should be ashamed. 

• Like 1

I’m going this weekend. I’ve never seen us lose to Ipswich in person. I’ve seen wins at ours, wins at theirs, Klose’s header and “Top of the League at Portman Road”.

I figured we could use all the help we can get. Hell of a time to do my first game of the season!

• Like 1

If McKenna has his head screwed on he won't announce anything about the fitness of Moore, in which case we won't know until the teams are announced. That means Duffy has to start really with Gibbo. You can't play McLean there as Moore will just put himself up against McLean.

I hate watching Duffy and Gibbo playing out from the back. 

If we lose it will be busier than tonight on here. Apparently losing is more exciting and more fun to tak about.

If we draw it will be quietish depending on other results.

If we win...

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh 😴💤

3-1 City (Sarge, Sainz, Duffy) 💛💚

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

If we lose it will be busier than tonight on here. Apparently losing is more exciting and more fun to tak about. 

Erm......we lost today 😉

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Erm......we lost today 😉

Yep but not to the binners. That's the ultimate and has been talked up on here by some for over two years....

Edited by nutty nigel

Posted (edited)

There's a few posters on this thread too mentally weak to make a preciction...

🙂🙃

Edited by nutty nigel

Just now, nutty nigel said:

There's a few posters on this thread too mentally wek to make a preciction...

🙂🙃

Jesus Nige, how much have you been drinking today? 😁

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

Jesus Nige, how much have you been drinking today? 😁

You'd be celebrating if you thought you were dead a couple of days ago...

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

You'd be celebrating if you thought you were dead a couple of days ago...

Blimey 😨, fair play then my man, drink away 👍

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Crafty Canary said:

They don’t score so many late goals by luck but by the determination to take the game to the opposition right to the final whistle. Under Lambert and Farke we were the same.

Exactly what I said to my 1p5wich supporting mate a little while back (yes, we are allowed to be friends with the more reasonable ones).

Although it pains me to say it, watching them achieving way more than the sum of their parts, through sheer determination and character, is reminiscent of our better times under Lambert & Farke during the promotion years. The sad thing for them, and almost every other team promoted to the 'promised land' that is the PL, is that reality kicks in very quickly once you go up, and positive, attacking play is very quickly sacrificed in a desperate effort to save a few points and avoid going straight back down again.

Edited by Sooty57
typo