S_81

So what’s the deal with Sydney?

Is he not good enough for this level?

Doesn’t fit any of our tactics?

Out of shape?

Fallen out with Wagner?

It’s baffling why Knapper brought him in right now. 

• Like 1

He must be utter sh1te in training and Wagner didn't want him here in the first place.

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

The real question is what does a championship player of the season who's a centreback in Batth think of our defending?

It certainly further raises the question of disconnect between DoF(s) and Manager. 

All this talk of protecting Sargent, he could have come off for the second half today and given Sydney a run out. After all there was no intent to win the game today so might as well have tried something different. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

All this talk of protecting Sargent, he could have come off for the second half today and given Sydney a run out. After all there was no intent to win the game today so might as well have tried something different. 

Or finally give Aboh a run out. 

• Like 8

SVH failed to impress in the U21s so I wouldn't be raising my hopes for a super-sub anytime soon.

• Like 1

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

SVH failed to impress in the U21s so I wouldn't be raising my hopes for a super-sub anytime soon.

Looking a truly shocking signing at the moment 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, S_81 said:

It certainly further raises the question of disconnect between DoF(s) and Manager. 

It also says Wagner won’t be here next season. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

He's not shown any ability when on the pitch. Thankfully it's only a loan.

4 minutes ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

Indeed. Yet 'trying something different' is not a characteristic one can hang on Herr Wagner. Nor is his giving opportunities to young players.  Aboh should have been given at least 20 minutes to run at their defence. 

• Like 4

I’ve seen nothing in his brief cameos to suggest we’re missing anything and I’ve drawn the conclusion (based on diddly) that he is shoite.

A really bizarre series of events. Idah would be getting minutes if he was still here 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kingston Yellow said:

It also says Wagner won’t be here next season. 

I just can’t see them sacking him if he makes the play offs. 

Posted (edited)

We've certainly learned 2 things today..

If we did scrape 6th place and run into Leicester over 2 legs we'd have no chance

ii) We now categorically know that Wagner doesnt trust Van Hooijdonk because how else wouldnt you throw in another striker when youre a goal down with 5 mins to go?

I'm damned sure Idah would have come on in those circumstances.

How have we left ourselves with such a paceless lack of options on the bench?

There's some bad luck with the injuries to Rowe (hopefully back on Saturday??) and Hernandez but the Idah/Van Hooijdonk decision is completely self inflicted

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

1 minute ago, Duncan Edwards said:

I’ve seen nothing in his brief cameos to suggest we’re missing anything and I’ve drawn the conclusion (based on diddly) that he is shoite.

A really bizarre series of events. Idah would be getting minutes if he was still here 🤷🏻‍♂️

Let’s not fool ourselves, Idah, after a bright start in a poorer league, has reverted to type. Currently working North of border and my Celtic supporting colleagues are pretty unimpressed to say the least.

4 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

We've certainly learned 2 things today..

If we did scrape 6th place and run into Leicester over 2 legs we'd have no chance

ii) We now categorically know that Wagner doesnt trust Van Hooijdonk because how else wouldnt you throw in another striker when youre a goal down with 5 mins to go?

I'm damned sure Idah would have come on in those circumstances.

How have we left ourselves with such a paceless lack of options on the bench?

There's some bad luck with the injuries to Rowe (hopefully back on Saturday??) and Hernandez but the Idah/Van Hooijdonk decision is completely self inflicted

Agreed. And he clearly doesn’t want to try and convince Aboh to stay either. As he would certainly offer some pace off the bench. Yet stays sat there despite us having no seemingly intention of getting anything from the game and having an op to give Josh a bit of a rest. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

Let’s not fool ourselves, Idah, after a bright start in a poorer league, has reverted to type. Currently working North of border and my Celtic supporting colleagues are pretty unimpressed to say the least.

Nobody thinks he should be starting here but he has the capability to make something happen or even score late on off the bench as he had shown this season. We've replaced him with a white elephant who they dont want to use, so we've weakened our own bench

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, S_81 said:

I just can’t see them sacking him if he makes the play offs. 

It depends what happens in the playoffs. Without being knee jerk, today was worrying.

The question is would you look twice at SVH if he was playing at Sloughbottom Park on a Sunday morning ?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

The question is would you look twice at SVH if he was playing at Sloughbottom Park on a Sunday morning ?

Perhaps not, but then I wouldn’t have let Idah go on loan.  Absolutely crazy given our squad.

To be honest from what I’ve seen of him he looks pretty average. Certainly not a game changer. He’s played a few tidy enough passses but doesn’t seem particularly strong, good in the air or quick.

I would pass on him in the summer if we can. 

36 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

To be honest from what I’ve seen of him he looks pretty average. Certainly not a game changer. He’s played a few tidy enough passses but doesn’t seem particularly strong, good in the air or quick.

I would pass on him in the summer if we can. 

Agree, don't think he has played himself into a place where we're going to want to make an offer for him. So he'll be returned to sender, Josh likely to leave, Idah unlikely to be keen on returning and Aboh another likely departure.

Loan market for a striker or two this summer then? Wasn't there high hopes of the young lad we got from Man City?

19 minutes ago, Old Shuck said:

Agree, don't think he has played himself into a place where we're going to want to make an offer for him. So he'll be returned to sender, Josh likely to leave, Idah unlikely to be keen on returning and Aboh another likely departure.

Loan market for a striker or two this summer then? Wasn't there high hopes of the young lad we got from Man City?

Kamara will return to us from Pompey and will be in the mix for next season I’d have thought 

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

I think you would

and say “ standard of local Sunday football is appalling these days “

• Like 1

He was signed simply to make everyone realise just how lucky we were to have Idah. 

3 hours ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

I can confirm that view, I have a friend who is a Celtic season ticket holder and he is unimpressed with Idah.........