Sign in to follow this  
JonnyJonnyRowe

Some shareholders get a free season ticket ticket?!?

Posted (edited)

I found out that the club has some arrangement where they are dishing out free season tickets every year to those who own 1000 shares. One of the posters on this forum is happily taking his free season ticket.

Am I the only person who thinks that little 'perks' like this need to be scrapped immediately ahead of us losing parachute payments?

If these large shareholders really have the best interests of the club at heart they would be happy to continue to pop their money in the meter each year to help with the clubs budget and cashflow, help keep the lights on at Colney and our wonderful academy buildings.

I suggest the club has a vote among these owners of 1000 shares to see if a majority can approve the scrapping of this overly generous perk. Assuming most are true fans they will surely agree to end his free for all?

Edited by JonnyJonnyRowe
  • Like 2

Interesting…

They also get a nice Lord Of The Manor title ‘Associate Director’. Can’t speak for them all but the one who posts on here is as ungrateful as duck…

• Haha 3

I get a free season ticket in return for my ability to tell the future. It’s the least they can do.

I got a certificate. It's pride of place next to my 3rd in shot-put, 2nd year games.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

I found out that the club has some arrangement where they are dishing out free season tickets every year to those who own 1000 shares. One of the posters on this forum is happily taking his free season ticket.

Am I the only person who thinks that little 'perks' like this need to be scrapped immediately ahead of us losing parachute payments?

If these large shareholders really have the best interests of the club at heart they would be happy to continue to pop their money in the meter each year to help with the clubs budget and cashflow, help keep the lights on at Colney and our wonderful academy buildings.

I suggest the club has a vote among these owners of 1000 shares to see if a majority can approve the scrapping of this overly generous perk. Assuming most are true fans they will surely agree to end his free for all?

Whilst an American multimillionaire earns interest on money for shares that ought to have been bought out if only our majority shareholders would only let him whilst they waste money on lawyers to frustrate the process and themselves claim £13,612.50 Imterst each year on lower risk Preference Shares.

Get lost!

39 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Whilst an American multimillionaire earns interest on money for shares that ought to have been bought out if only our majority shareholders would only let him whilst they waste money on lawyers to frustrate the process and themselves claim £13,612.50 Imterst each year on lower risk Preference Shares.

Get lost!

As the Football Ombudsmen said (paraphrased), get over it and move on.

I can't believe you when asked for a £400 refund for games you couldn't attend due to lockdown, a refund for tickets you didn't pay for, did you really expect a favourable outcome here?

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Get lost!

You well know that dividends are only payable on any shares, even preference shares, if there are profits. That includes any premium on redemption over and above the share capital.  The preference dividends get charged in the accounts as interest but they won't ever get paid, so they aren't a cost on the club in any real sense.

1 hour ago, Bobzilla said:

You well know that dividends are only payable on any shares, even preference shares, if there are profits. That includes any premium on redemption over and above the share capital.  The preference dividends get charged in the accounts as interest but they won't ever get paid, so they aren't a cost on the club in any real sense.

The B Preference  shares to S&J do get paid and they are a cost. I know as I used to have some. They just get postponed for a year or so as happened in 2011 until the Club is back in profit then it is all paid including the arrears. The C ones may not get paid but there is still a risk that they will be which is why the accounting conventions insist they are charged because there is a contractual liability.

2 hours ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

I can't believe you when asked for a £400 refund for games you couldn't attend due to lockdown, a refund for tickets you didn't pay for, did you really expect a favourable outcome here?

That's shocking behaviour, when the club is having to navigate already tight financial waters due to those restrictions too.  Who would do that to the club they love?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

I get a free season ticket in return for my ability to tell the future. It’s the least they can do.

With your latest predictions I suspect you will be losing it soon then ie Farke out and Wagner is clueless.

22 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

That's shocking behaviour, when the club is having to navigate already tight financial waters due to those restrictions too.  Who would do that to the club they love?

scrooge-mcduck-917x600.jpg.b685a0493ffd885f2261bcf82125abd9.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

With your latest predictions I suspect you will be losing it soon then ie Farke out and Wagner is clueless.

If he did get a free season ticket for predicting the future, he'd have handed it back given how **** the last couple of seasons have been. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Google Bot said:

Yes, I was genuinely shocked at this one. He was asking for £400 from the club for some missed games, at a time when we could only have 1000 or 2000 fans in the stadium. 

Imagine thinking that your 25 grand leaves you entitled to act like this much of a gaping entrance hole 20 years down the line. We had people dying in hospitals and he's trying to exploit the situation for a £400 refund against a season ticket he paid £0 for. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

How many people own 1000+ shares? Can't be that many. 

I have no idea, would be interesting to find out.

2 hours ago, essex canary said:

The B Preference  shares to S&J do get paid and they are a cost. I know as I used to have some. They just get postponed for a year or so as happened in 2011 until the Club is back in profit then it is all paid including the arrears. The C ones may not get paid but there is still a risk that they will be which is why the accounting conventions insist they are charged because there is a contractual liability.

The B prefs can only get paid if there are profit reserves (as in accumulated). That won't be an issue for a good few years looking at the accounts for last year.

One question I had that you might know the answer to.  The 20/21 accounts and prior put the B prefs as par value of £1. The 21/22 and later accounts show them at £100.  The articles have them at £1.  Any idea what the right answer actually is? Unless they were issued at a premium of £99, so actually are £1 shares with a liability of £100 per share (plus accrued unpaid pref dividends).

1 hour ago, Terminally Yellow said:

24. Which means those that did contributed 40% of the monies to bail out the ITV Digital crisis of 2002 which S&J ungraciously described with feint praise as being moderately successful. Perhaps they don't understand the sayings 'Don't look a gift horse in the mouth' or 'Beggars can't be choosers'. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bobzilla said:

The B prefs can only get paid if there are profit reserves (as in accumulated). That won't be an issue for a good few years looking at the accounts for last year.

One question I had that you might know the answer to.  The 20/21 accounts and prior put the B prefs as par value of £1. The 21/22 and later accounts show them at £100.  The articles have them at £1.  Any idea what the right answer actually is? Unless they were issued at a premium of £99, so actually are £1 shares with a liability of £100 per share (plus accrued unpaid pref dividends).

Re paragraph 1 Who knows exactly? @chicken certainly seems to disagree with your first paragraph but it wouldn't be  a great surprise if you are on sounder ground than him.

Re paragraph 2 perhaps that is just more NCFC incompetence? The answer as far as I am concerned is most definitely £100. You can't be surprised that the NCFC Directors are confused. They have been known to sell Ordinary shares to the Genersl Public at £100 and to themselves at £1 as per the question raised by my late friend and myself at the 2016 AGM.

Edited by essex canary

6 hours ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

Any chance of a vote among Pink Un users about banning posters who endlessly make  tiresome posts about a subject no-one else gives a toss about?

Or alternatively coming up with some way of flagging threads so we can all ignore them?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Well b back said:

Farke out? I’ll admit I’m on the fence about Wagner and still am but his Tombola game recently has been spot on

7 hours ago, essex canary said:

24. Which means those that did contributed 40% of the monies to bail out the ITV Digital crisis of 2002

Careful when you mention something so far in the past. You're sounding like an Ipswich fan!

• Haha 1

Will Delia be allowed out again at one of these forums? I have a feeling we’ve seen the last of her at anything Q&A related. 

13 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

There’s 14 shareholders who currently own more than 1,000 shares and 18 shareholders who own exactly 1,000, not all of whom are seat for lifers.

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

As the Football Ombudsmen said (paraphrased), get over it and move on.

Whilst the vast majority of season ticket holders continued paying their monthly direct debit, during 2020-21, to help out the club during a global pandemic, there was someone else looking to take money out. Unbelievable Jeff! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GMF said:

There’s 14 shareholders who currently own more than 1,000 shares and 18 shareholders who own exactly 1,000, not all of whom are seat for lifers.

So Norwich City's No.1 fan is wrong in claiming there are 24 ?

3 hours ago, GMF said:

Whilst the vast majority of season ticket holders continued paying their monthly direct debit, during 2020-21, to help out the club during a global pandemic, there was someone else looking to take money out. Unbelievable Jeff! 

Maybe Norwich City's No.1 fan was not receiving furlough payments or a Govt grant if self employed and was struggling to make ends meet ?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, essex canary said:

Re paragraph 1 Who knows exactly? @chicken certainly seems to disagree with your first paragraph but it wouldn't be  a great surprise if you are on sounder ground than him.

Re paragraph 2 perhaps that is just more NCFC incompetence? The answer as far as I am concerned is most definitely £100. You can't be surprised that the NCFC Directors are confused. They have been known to sell Ordinary shares to the Genersl Public at £100 and to themselves at £1 as per the question raised by my late friend and myself at the 2016 AGM.

Point to the bit on the thread where I talk about that? Oh you mean the bit where I have agreed with Shef and the actual accounts which say all external debt will be gone by the summer?

Not the same as saying we'll be in profit is it? Not really sure why you keep tagging me when I've simply agreed with others. Not to mention you've retracted your 'it doesn't make sense to me' comment and also agreed with Shef then tried to change the goalposts and refused to apologise to Shef for basically saying his original explination was too complicated despite everyone else getting it, just so you could ignore it for 'Trumpism'.

All of this just further spin to get away from the truths people keep unearthing about you. At some point I really hope something clicks with you, you realise the majority view of the room is in support of the club in the cases you are obsessed with and that the issue really only lies with you.

3 minutes ago, chicken said:

All of this just further spin to get away from the truths people keep unearthing about you. At some point I really hope something clicks with you, you realise the majority view of the room is in support of the club in the cases you are obsessed with and that the issue really only lies with you.

There are elections for the OSP coming up in May so can you imagine if Norwich City's No.1 fan applies to join in the belief that people would actually vote for him ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

So Norwich City's No.1 fan is wrong in claiming there are 24 ?

To be fair, I was detailing the existing situation. Some AD’s already had shares back in 2002, and then acquired another 1,000 to obtain the AD status. There are 24 names on the AD board in the City Stand, a few of whom are, sadly, no longer with us.