Posted (edited)

Average league positions over the last 40 seasons

Norwich 24th

Ipswich 30th

I do wish they'd stop talking about it. 

Edited by dylanisabaddog
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Had to bite my tongue on a book of faces post, one from skybet mentioning our recent home form and there's a Binner commenting about how we've beaten " no one of any note " in that time. 

Completely missing the fact that we've played the same teams as they've had to play to be 3rd 🤷🙄 

I thought it was best to let that one go, can't argue with stupid after all. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Had to bite my tongue on a book of faces post, one from skybet mentioning our recent home form and there's a Binner commenting about how we've beaten " no one of any note " in that time. 

Completely missing the fact that we've played the same teams as they've had to play to be 3rd 🤷🙄 

I thought it was best to let that one go, can't argue with stupid after all. 

As @RobJamessaid in another thread, they have played the current top 6 on 7 occasions this season and won once.

Anyone under the age of 50 has only ever known Norwich dominance. Why do we listen to this rubbish? Flood their forum and let them know. I'm not remotely concerned about the prospect of playing them in the play offs. I'm only bothered by Leeds. 

3 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Average league positions over the last 40 seasons

Norwich 24th

Ipswich 30th

I do wish they'd stop talking about it. 

Basically they haven't done much since Robson left, and except for a brief season under Burley have done nothing to rival some of our seasons under both Stringer or Walker.

6 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

As @RobJamessaid in another thread, they have played the current top 6 on 7 occasions this season and won once.

Anyone under the age of 50 has only ever known Norwich dominance. Why do we listen to this rubbish? Flood their forum and let them know. I'm not remotely concerned about the prospect of playing them in the play offs. I'm only bothered by Leeds. 

Surely not. Surely " everyones second favorite team " who have a very rich history of major trophy wins are seen as one of the big big giants of English football. Renowned world wide and are as easily recognizable as Real Madrid or man united. 

Those 3 stars are well and truly well earned and are a badge of honor that 99% of the footballing pyramid would die for. They are the natural rivals of man united, Liverpool etc. this sleeping giant will rise again and the champions league will tremble at the sight of this silverware cladded club striding around once again!!!! 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 5

Posted (edited)

It is a bit bizarre - the true fact is that neither of us has the most amazing history of winning things - there’s any number of sides with far more league/FA Cup titles than them, who don’t wallow in it anything like as much.

I’ve seen this thing about being everyone’s second team quite a bit, it is extremely strange. It might have had something in it if you went back 45 years, when they had SBR at the club - but the truth is around 50% of the current population probably have no recollection of them even being in the top flight!! 

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

It is a bit bizarre - the true fact is that neither of us has the most amazing history of winning things - there’s any number of sides with far more league/FA Cup titles than them, who don’t wallow in it anything like as much.

I’ve seen this thing about being everyone’s second team quite a bit, it is extremely strange. It might have had something in it if you went back 45 years, when they had SBR at the club - but the truth is around 50% of the current population probably have no recollection of them even being in the top flight!! 

Have you ever watched Pointless? They ask 100 people an answer to a question and the contestant has to give an answer that none of the 100 gave. 

When the 100 were asked to name a team that had played in the Premier League the only pointless answer was Ipswich 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Have you ever watched Pointless? They ask 100 people an answer to a question and the contestant has to give an answer that none of the 100 gave. 

When the 100 were asked to name a team that had played in the Premier League the only pointless answer was Ipswich 

That's surprising, considering that there are a few oddballs there too.
 - Bradford City.
 - Oldham Ath.
 - Swindon Town.
 - Charlton Ath.
But then, it could depend where people lived who were polled !

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Interesting stat re the top 6. Doesn't bode well for them if they end up in the play offs.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

Thats what's funny. You hear the binners harp on and on about their so called 'glorious history' which all happened 50 years ago before the majority of their fans were even born yet you have clubs like Leicester who in the past decade have won the Prem, the FA Cup and played in Europe and yet you never hear their fanbase just bang on and on about those kinds of things like the binners do

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, BigFish said:

He even did the Suffolk “Awwh Naaaawhhh!!” Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

FB_IMG_1710083323651~2.jpg

........and where were all those 'loyal ' fans when Lambert was taking them on a glorious path to Div 3 ? ...............which,incidentally,they took 4 years to escape from as opposed to our first-time title win 🤗

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, C.I.D said:

........and where were all those 'loyal ' fans when Lambert was taking them on a glorious path to Div 3 ? ...............which,incidentally,they took 4 years to escape from as opposed to our first-time title win 🤗

Their average home attendance in leauge one was.. ohhh, 14,000 they had wasn't it?

Funny how all of a sudden they're bragging about selling out.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Just ignore them, they are as insignificant to us now as they were for the last 15 years.
Luton are probs our closest rivals 

Actually the most pathetic part of this is the Snake Pit / Drum crew City Sheep singing about Ipswich losing for near 20 - 30 minutes of the first half.
Like way to make them significant, we 2-0 up and the knuckle draggers are still celebrating a Ipswich loss.

Talk about tin pot.

Edited by Nexus_Canary

12 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Just ignore them, they are as insignificant to us now as they were for the last 15 years.

Actually the most pathetic part of this is the Snake Pit / Drum crew City Sheep singing about Ipswich losing for near 20 - 30 minutes of the first half.
Like way to make them significant, we 2-0 up and the knuckle draggers are still celebrating a Ipswich loss.

Talk about tin pot.

You haven’t grasped this whole football rivalry thing, have you. 

Viva La Drum!

• Haha 1

What I find amusing is the Norwich/Ipswich fans that claim the other set of fans are obsessed/inferior, whilst still banging on about said other set of fans. 

We’re obsessed, they’re obsessed. It’s called football rivalry, and it’s a good thing. Why do fans try to belittle it, or act like it doesn’t bother them, when it does? It’s not exclusive to the Norwich / Ipswich rivalry, it’s football fans in general. 

I majorly dislike Ipswich Town. They’re the first result I look for after Norwich. Why? Because it makes me happy when they lose. Am I obsessed? Definitely, as I am with Norwich and football generally. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Talk about tin pot.

Are you new to football or something?

• Haha 1

I saw this mid last week, it's the difference between highest and lowest attendances in the past 10 years:

v4q5wgaxb6nc1.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Are you new to football or something?

Nah im just saying none of the binners were watching our match or hearing the "bants"

So why waste a 3-0 lead chanting about a insignificant bunch of farm hands down the road?

Its dumb

2 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Viva La Drum!

Drum is for dumb people, false atmosphere. 

51 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Drum is for dumb people, false atmosphere. 

I agree to a certain extent but it is better than NO atmosphere! 😉

27 minutes ago, A K Narey said:

I agree to a certain extent but it is better than NO atmosphere! 😉

I dunno it was dead from the 60th minute leading 5-0....

29 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Atmosphere is atmosphere, what a dumb comment. 

So you have organic crowd reaction (see many occasions in our past)
You have a drummer trying to lead / organise people singing.

Its the same as canned laughter - I for one hate Friends, one of the reasons being I am "told" when to laugh, I actually find that canned laughter distracting from something that could have been funny.
Same as the football - I want to get involved yes - no i dont want to sing the Sara song for the 10th time. Thanks. 

3 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

I dunno it was dead from the 60th minute leading 5-0....

It’s like taking Sargent off once the game is won, we can’t risk the drummer for the next game.

• Like 2