Sign in to follow this  
TheBaldOne66

A lot of the problem with Wagner is….

When he comes out with stupid statements like only judge the first half hour of the Boro game? 

Sorry David, but a game lasts 90 plus minutes and the result is what matters not that we played well for part of it! 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

When he comes out with stupid statements like only judge the first half hour of the Boro game? 

Sorry David, but a game lasts 90 plus minutes and the result is what matters not that we played well for part of it! 

We all know what he meant, stop being a pedantic kn0b just because you don’t like him.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

He was trying to deflect from the fact that his team totally capitulated after the sending off. That weakness stems from the top. Every manager thats ever lived has said that playing against ten is never easy,as those teams find an inner strength and siege mentality.

Not us. We tend to go belly up as soon as.Does'nt help that defensively we really arn't that great under concerted pressure.As exciting as the play-offs can be,I would be fearful that this team simply could'nt handle the pressure they would bring.

• Like 2

Really significant whiff of bins on here tonight.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

He was trying to deflect from the fact that his team totally capitulated after the sending off. That weakness stems from the top. Every manager thats ever lived has said that playing against ten is never easy,as those teams find an inner strength and siege mentality.

Not us. We tend to go belly up as soon as.Does'nt help that defensively we really arn't that great under concerted pressure.As exciting as the play-offs can be,I would be fearful that this team simply could'nt handle the pressure they would bring.

Strange how we have a really good run of games and do well nobody complains but the second we lose a match Wagner is straight back to being incompetent

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Hmmm. 

Bin finder general reporting for duty 

IMG_2342.jpeg

I've been going to Carrow Road for over fifty years,so I feel I have the right to put forward my views. Further,regardless of what happens this season,I feel a change of manager is coming our way and I for one would be happy with that. Never felt that he was the right fit for us.Just my personal view.Totally respect everybody elses.

Reading a couple of posts on this thread it looks like a must be a Binner as i don't subscribe to the view that Wagner is the right man for the job.

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Reading a couple of posts on this thread it looks like a must be a Binner as i don't subscribe to the view that Wagner is the right man for the job.

If the helmet fits…

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Ooooh the 20 percenters are back.. Delia won't be happy

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Ooooh the 20 percenters are back.. Delia won't be happy

Ever considered the 20 percenters never went anywhere ?

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Ever considered the 20 percenters never went anywhere ?

Yeah they just go quiet and pretend they don't exist until a circumstance allows them 😅😅

As for Wagner, he's protecting his team and trying to retain confidence. You've got to be pretty special to take what he's saying as deep, intentful seriousness and not think they'll have spoken about the errors at Colney.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yeah they just go quiet and pretend they don't exist until a circumstance allows them 😅😅

As for Wagner, he's protecting his team and trying to retain confidence. You've got to be pretty special to take what he's saying as deep, intentful seriousness and not think they'll have spoken about the errors at Colney.

For your information,i've always been on here and even during our good runs,i've never veered from my belief that he's not the one for us.Wagner was the one who wanted the experience brought in during the summer,but as soon as Knapper stated the age of the group needed lopping,Wagner could'nt wait to concur.

I would'nt trust him with a youthful squad.Don't think Knapper will either.

• Like 1

Before the game the Middlesbrough fans I was talking to in the pub  were saying how not long ago they were a few points off playoffs now possibly facing a relegation battle. So they were desperate to grab anything. Way I saw it was that we were superb first 30 , probably best I’ve seen away this season, then Middlesbrough couldn’t believe their luck with the sending off and were a different team. Yes , we were disappointing and couldn’t respond. Our confidence still brittle. Wonder why ?? A very very peculiar game. So I’m with Wagner to just judge by the first 30 minutes. What Norwich fan wouldn’t , with the chance of the play offs coming up ? When we need everyone to be on board without which our chances are so much less ? 

1 hour ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Hmmm. 

Bin finder general reporting for duty 

IMG_2342.jpeg

That reminds me. I haven't posted a picture of this bin for a while.

received_798554778832890.gif

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Pockthorpe said:

Before the game the Middlesbrough fans I was talking to in the pub  were saying how not long ago they were a few points off playoffs now possibly facing a relegation battle. So they were desperate to grab anything. Way I saw it was that we were superb first 30 , probably best I’ve seen away this season, then Middlesbrough couldn’t believe their luck with the sending off and were a different team. Yes , we were disappointing and couldn’t respond. Our confidence still brittle. Wonder why ?? A very very peculiar game. So I’m with Wagner to just judge by the first 30 minutes. What Norwich fan wouldn’t , with the chance of the play offs coming up ? When we need everyone to be on board without which our chances are so much less ? 

We've been involved in lots of strange games this season. Games we should have won, but somehow lost. Games we looked certain to lose but somehow won. At least it's more interesting than the Dean Smith period, if not good for the heart.

I'm just praying for a comfortable regulation win against Rotherham, but who knows?

Edited by canarybubbles
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

For your information,i've always been on here and even during our good runs,i've never veered from my belief that he's not the one for us.Wagner was the one who wanted the experience brought in during the summer,but as soon as Knapper stated the age of the group needed lopping,Wagner could'nt wait to concur.

I would'nt trust him with a youthful squad.Don't think Knapper will either.

I think you're right re Knapper

The problem is we seem to be only two defeats away from crisis all the time. Lose two games or don’t win for three and it’s a full blown existential crisis. The club is going no where while this is still the case.

17 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

The problem is we seem to be only two defeats away from crisis all the time. Lose two games or don’t win for three and it’s a full blown existential crisis. The club is going no where while this is still the case.

Is that the club or its supporters though?

3 hours ago, mannings bandy legs said:

Ughhh.

If a team struggles to get a draw or even loses against ten men they'll say "It's never easy playing against ten men". That was relatively true 10-15yrs ago with 4-4-2 and all that changed is two up front became one and the lone striker just worked a lot harder and their team tried to feed off the bits and pieces and maybe get a break away goal.

These days, unless a team is set up purely on the defensive already, it means quite a change of formation. For us, playing our system, it means changing how we play. A bigger shake up than simply losing one of two strikers. Especially when you lose one of your more creative attacking players, and one of your better goal threats.

It's almost like we haven't seen this before..<cough>projectrestart<cough>

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

Is that the club or its supporters though?

100% a section of the supporters, especially online supporters.

Wow. This thread sums up what a pathetic world we live in nowadays as if you say anything somebody disagrees with they have to get nasty.

I recently got a 3 day ban because some melts got offended by a comment I made about Keir Starmer. The forum police reported me because they were offended by it. 

The UK supposedly a place of free speech and tolerance! Utter garbage! Somebody doesn’t like it they retort to vitriol and name calling as is evident here.

This message board becomes more and more toxic by the day sadly. It used to be a place for decent debate but those days are long gone, it’s now a place of no acceptance of anything said against the club at all.

Such a place full of hatred, which as I say sums up the intolerance of so many in the nation nowadays. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Wow. This thread sums up what a pathetic world we live in nowadays as if you say anything somebody disagrees with they have to get nasty.

I recently got a 3 day ban because some melts got offended by a comment I made about Keir Starmer. The forum police reported me because they were offended by it. 

The UK supposedly a place of free speech and tolerance! Utter garbage! Somebody doesn’t like it they retort to vitriol and name calling as is evident here.

This message board becomes more and more toxic by the day sadly. It used to be a place for decent debate but those days are long gone, it’s now a place of no acceptance of anything said against the club at all.

Such a place full of hatred, which as I say sums up the intolerance of so many in the nation nowadays.

Don't take it personally, baldy. It's people speaking out that we need. I get people want to support and build positivity etc etc and don't want to hear negatives, but you're right - we should have been better going down to ten men - and the team needed direction immediately and didn't seem to get it, from the manager or from key players on the pitch. A concern, definitely. 

But we have to look forwards - and that is all Wagner is saying. The best way to react to that bizarre mess on Wednesday is for the team to put it behind them and make sure they show up today and put on a real show. The sooner it is forgotten, the better. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

It goes both ways, people who stand up for the club also get hammered with personal insults, it's just the way of the world.

There's very little debate, just a lot of people airing their views, then airing them again if they think they haven't had enough attention. I rarely comment now because it's just not worth it sadly.

• Sad 1