astro

How many points do we need?

4 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

Yes-  You need to take one for team on Saturday 😉

I’ve always sought to be a team player 😊😊😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Just how bad was this league last season?!

We've got 64 pts with 6 games left now

Sunderland got into 6th place last season with 69.

It was almost harder to not get into them.

The fact that we finished in the bottom half of the table show how terrible we were in the final 2 months

Yeah, we missed a possibly easier route back into the prem last season - this season looks far more difficult. Football is strange though - Luton, who IIRC went up through the ply-offs, have punched way above their weight. 

• Like 1

On 02/04/2024 at 14:20,  Yellow Fever said: 

Yes-  You need to take one for team on Saturday 

I took one for the team! OK, I’m not infallible but what a magnificent way to get one result incorrect! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Ok, how are we all feeling after Tuesday? 

It seems a long time ago when I made my 'last 13 games predictions' and we're currently two points ahead due to beating the binners. Confidence must have been surging through me to predict that we would win the last four. 🙂 I am still confident about the home games but Saturday will be tough for sure. Getting Jonny back into the squad at Preston (hopefully) will be a huge boost, with our lack of depth from the bench at the moment, but I would be surprised to see him fully fit until the start of the play offs. 

Keep calm and carry on....

A Blackburn Draw    👌

H Sunderland Win   👌

A Boro Lose  👌

H Rotherham Win    👌

A Stoke Win   👌

H Plymouth Win   👌

A Leicester Lose   👌

H 1p5wich Draw +2   Happily incorrect!

A Sheff Wed Draw   👌  68 points 

A Preston Win

H Bristol City Win

H Swansea Win

A Birmingham Win    = 80 points 

I think that 2 wins and a draw will be enough now resulting in 74 points. Some of those below us have to play each other so this will help. Ideally, we really need to get those seven points in the first three games as Birmingham could be needing points to stay up on the last day. Having those two back to back home games is very helpful at this stage. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mutley said:

It seems a long time ago when I made my 'last 13 games predictions' and we're currently two points ahead due to beating the binners. Confidence must have been surging through me to predict that we would win the last four. 🙂 Having those two back to back home games is very helpful at this stage. 

Could you tell me the Lotto numbers for Saturday please and the Grand National winner?

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Mutley said:

I think that 2 wins and a draw will be enough now resulting in 74 points.

2 wins and a draw is 75 points, but I agree that should be enough, especially if one of them comes this Saturday...

11 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

2 wins and a draw is 75 points, but I agree that should be enough, especially if one of them comes this Saturday...

And I thought that Maths was my strong point. Thanks for correcting me! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mutley said:

And I thought that Maths was my strong point. Thanks for correcting me! 

I was just pleased to discover you're not completely infallible!

5 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

I was just pleased to discover you're not completely infallible!

Well, the next four games without Josh in some of them is going to really test my predictions. 😊

1 hour ago, Mutley said:

Well, the next four games without Josh in some of them is going to really test my predictions. 😊

…and with Bristol and Swansea running into a bit of form, the task will be even harder. A result on Saturday would be huge bonus I think, especially if we can win our remaining home games. 

Posted (edited)
On 11/04/2024 at 14:01, Mutley said:

It seems a long time ago when I made my 'last 13 games predictions' and we're currently two points ahead due to beating the binners. Confidence must have been surging through me to predict that we would win the last four. 🙂 I am still confident about the home games but Saturday will be tough for sure. Getting Jonny back into the squad at Preston (hopefully) will be a huge boost, with our lack of depth from the bench at the moment, but I would be surprised to see him fully fit until the start of the play offs. 

Keep calm and carry on....

A Blackburn Draw    👌

H Sunderland Win   👌

A Boro Lose  👌

H Rotherham Win    👌

A Stoke Win   👌

H Plymouth Win   👌

A Leicester Lose   👌

H 1p5wich Draw +2   Happily incorrect!

A Sheff Wed Draw   👌  

A Preston Win   👌   71 points

H Bristol City Win

H Swansea Win

A Birmingham Win    = 80 points 

I think that 2 wins and a draw will be enough now resulting in 75 points. Some of those below us have to play each other so this will help. Ideally, we really need to get those seven points in the first three games as Birmingham could be needing points to stay up on the last day. Having those two back to back home games is very helpful at this stage. 

Well, the predictions keep coming in. I also had a dream that a jockey wearing a striped yellow and green jersey would win the Grand National. 🥳

Edited by Mutley
  • Thanks 1

Suddenly we need not so be concerned with the results of either Hull or Coventry but with those of WBA instead.

Nothing is assured, though.

Winning our two home games should do it, and Brum could be out of it by the time we arrive at St. Andrews.

We win on Saturday, means Hull have to win a minimal 3 of their final four and draw the other as they have a worse G/D.

That assumes we only get three or less points from Swansea, Brum and Bristol

I cannot see either of those happenings. It is a case of will we overhaul WBA, as suggested a few weeks back

WEMBERLEY 😍

Posted (edited)

Yes, for me it’s an all out attack now on fifth place. Best to look up than look down. 

Edited by Mutley

15 minutes ago, Alfie54 said:

Winning our two home games will surely be enough

To gain fifth or secure sixth? 

I think today makes up for the disappointment of Tuesday night. Win our home games and we’re in, but it depends on who you would prefer over two legs in the play-lots I guess, with respect to trying to get 5th. 

Can't see us not getting to the play-offs now. Even if we mess up those behind us are shot.

Just a case of who would you rather play?

Binners looking good for autos, probably no need to win a game. Quite fancy our chances against Leeds, probably Leicester ad well.

What's needed is one point more than seventh, which is looking likely to be Hull. And I cannot see them winning all of their remaining four games. So at best they will finish on 74 points - so one more win.

The question is how many points will WBA finish on - and does it matter 6th or 5th ?

What does matter is that we continue this form. We are not dropping into the play-offs on current form (failing) we are storming in, so it matters little which one we play in the semi finals

44 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Can't see us not getting to the play-offs now. Even if we mess up those behind us are shot.

Just a case of who would you rather play?

Binners looking good for autos, probably no need to win a game. Quite fancy our chances against Leeds, probably Leicester ad well.

I wouldnt like the look of Elland Rd in a 2nd leg

3 hours ago, Mutley said:

To gain fifth or secure sixth? 

I’d settle for either

57 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I wouldnt like the look of Elland Rd in a 2nd leg

Get on top and the only noise they would be offering would be for Farkes head.

On current form I don’t really fear anybody now. Leicester and Leeds have probably the strongest squads on paper but they’re limping towards the finish line. We’ll be at home first leg so if we can get a result we’d have a chance of snatching a draw away from home in the second

Think we should aim to finish 6th as we are in good form and finishing strongly, and probably even able to rest a few against Birmingham. whereas the top 3 are all imploding under the pressure and whoever finishes third it will not be a happy place for the 3rd place fans, and they will have to play their strongest team all the way to the last match of the 46. The stars are in alignment in our favour.

1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

Think we should aim to finish 6th as we are in good form and finishing strongly, and probably even able to rest a few against Birmingham. whereas the top 3 are all imploding under the pressure and whoever finishes third it will not be a happy place for the 3rd place fans, and they will have to play their strongest team all the way to the last match of the 46. The stars are in alignment in our favour.

If Southampton win their games in hand they’re back in the mix so what you say could apply to the top 4 rather than just top 3. I don’t think 5th or 6th will make much difference, I just want to finish as high as possible now and keep the good form going 

Over the last six games we now have the most points in the entire championship with 13. Next best is 11. They should read us as much as we fear them. If we fear them.

Not sure resting players for the last game (should we win the next two) is a good idea - momentum is key at this point. 

• Like 1

Although dangerous talk I also struggle to see how we don’t make the playoffs now. Swansea and Bristol have little to play for. 

Its an FYI that Hull play Coventry and perhaps more interesting for us Southampton still have to play Leicester which looked like a dead rubber a few weeks ago but now could draw Southampton right back into the automatic promotion picture.

24 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

Although dangerous talk I also struggle to see how we don’t make the playoffs now. Swansea and Bristol have little to play for. 

Nothing is written in stone yet. 

We are in pole position with 3 laps to go and I like our chances.

• Like 1