Sign in to follow this  
TheBaldOne66

19 years ago today!

10 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

The most embarrassing thing ever seen at Carrow Road! Who remembers it, I’m sure most do as it’s impossible to forget!

What are your recollections of that infamous drunken rant?

Mine was standing talking to people behind me with my back to the pitch when I thought, what the hell is that noise 🤣🤣

Classic!

It was a seriously embarrassing moment and one that fans of NCFC will never live down. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

I just had a similar conversation with a manager here at work who supports Reading. He’d take an owner like Delia in a heartbeat.

With all due respect that's a very low bar of achievement for any other owner to attain! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

I just had a similar conversation with a manager here at work who supports Reading. He’d take an owner like Delia in a heartbeat.

I've been getting the **** taken out of me all day by people who have the 19th anniversary of her Man City half time speech popping up in their social media timelines. I've "fought" my corner, but it seems having a choice between a pissed up passionate millionairess and a fly by night billionaire with no connection to your club, not many of them would want her as owner. #modernfootballstinks

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

I mean if opposition fans chanting that has such an impact on you then....

Where has opposition fans chanting it come into the equation ? Whenever you speak to fans of other clubs and say you support Norwich City the first thing that gets mentioned is Delia Smith followed by ' let's be havin you ' said whilst laughing in a pee taking mannner.

No doubt you will see it differently.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RobJames said:

"Whenever you speak to fans of other clubs "

really, whenever ?

It's something you do usually in pubs on the way to or on the way back from away games Bill.

Edited by TIL 1010

Most embarrassing? I’d say the embarrassing VAR decisions we kept getting given against us are more infuriating than someone drunk trying to rouse up an atmosphere at half time. Heck, we all have done daft things when drunk.

8 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I think the close up of her drunken face on TV were a lot worse than it sounded in the stadium.

I missed it as I was at the bar....

I agree. No problem with the words as such if they were said with a hint of a smile but the scowl is really a bad look.

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Where has opposition fans chanting it come into the equation ? Whenever you speak to fans of other clubs and say you support Norwich City the first thing that gets mentioned is Delia Smith followed by ' let's be havin you ' said whilst laughing in a pee taking mannner.

No doubt you will see it differently.

Agree 100%. It is always the first thing you get - letsbeavinyouuu 

Remember it well

Great to see a passionate if not pissed Delia rallying the troops

Reminds me of Custer’s Last Stand

Think Robbie (200 houses to rent) Fowler got the winner

She’s gets away with a lot of poor behaviour, doesn’t have my respect. 

Thought it was funny at the time, and 20 years later still do. Yes she was pissed up but who cares, I’ve been to plenty of games where my memory of it is hazy at best 

It’s amazing - 19 years and she still has no respect for the club’s paying customers. Rallying the crowd by ridiculing them - I’m sure that’s the top tip in every great leader/boss/owners handbook. 

2 hours ago, Sheva said:

She’s gets away with a lot of poor behaviour, doesn’t have my respect. 

Shame. She speaks very highly of you.

• Like 1

Was only 12, stood in the Barclay. Didn't really know what was going on until school the Monday where all the kids who supported man U etc. took the p155

4 hours ago, daly said:

Remember it well

Hopefully the Lion & Castle will be the equivalent of Custer"s Last Stand?

• Haha 1

On 28/02/2024 at 09:46, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

At the time I was rather bemused by her antics more than anything else, I think the Royal Marines abseiling off the City Stand triggered her into taking to the pitch. I am sure she was not drunk, just very emotional..........

And tired...

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

With anything like this you can try and pretend it didn’t happen, or style it out. I’m in the “let’s own it” camp. Other teams’ supporters think it’s funny but at the same time that it shows a passionate owner.

I'm in the 'let's own it' camp too.  I was walking to Coventry this year from the Tesco car park, and some of their fans were doing a really crap impression, so I showed them how it was really done. Turned what could have been embarrassing into something funny.

For me, it shows the passion. Sure, the sherry was strong in that one, but being drunk only empowers you to do what you want to do when sober.  I'd much rather have an owner that gets drunk and shouts slightly ill advised things into a microphone than an international arms dealer, an oil billionaire that's a little too close to a fascist dictator or an autocratic regime that still executes people for blasphemy.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, daly said:

Remember it well

He did indeed, late in the game.  Also a mention to the fantastic goal Dean Ashton scored in the first half.

I remember being in the River end and I'm sure the speakers weren't working,

I saw Delia come on to the pitch but couldn't hear what she was saying, then I started getting a few text from friends and family asking what was in the Norfolk water.

This certainly over shadowed the brilliant Ashton finish