Yobocop

Krul and the Gang-

-way to the away end at the Kenny 

Couldn’t see a tonight’s games thread so thought I’d add it to this. Well that was a battering, Haaland scored 5 and a bit of a clanger from our old boy Krul 

that said he made 4-5 top saves to keep them in it before the final onslaught. 

Tim krul is a goalkeeper that needs games to find his rhythm. He was always shakey in the beginning or for the first few after returning from being out. As a bit part keeper they’re never gonna see the best of him unfortunately. Great keeper for us though but so pleased we have Gunn.

• Like 1

Normally I wouldn't have a bad word said about TK, but he's almost 36 and, whilst he hasn't totally lost it, he does seem to get rusty very quickly. I recall his first few games for City in this respect.

We were lucky to snap him up in the end, and it was just at the right time for us.

So far, I'd still rather have him than Long, from what I've seen, but I suppose it is down to finances. Meanwhile, we all wait for this stable of young 'keepers that seem to come from of our production line to come up with the goods, and the Reyes situation puzzles me slightly considering the rave reviews that accompanied his signing.

Barden also particularly impressed, but may be that serious illness he had has dented his progress too much. The rest are just a list of names to me, including Archie Mair, who might be first in line, so much so that I had to Google:-

With those mentioned above, I make it six and the other three are:

• Ellis. Craven.
  • Jayden. St Paul.
  • Dylan. Berry.
  •  
Edited by BroadstairsR

12 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Tim krul is a goalkeeper that needs games to find his rhythm. He was always shakey in the beginning or for the first few after returning from being out. As a bit part keeper they’re never gonna see the best of him unfortunately. Great keeper for us though but so pleased we have Gunn.

Beat me to it. 😄

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

Normally I wouldn't have a bad word said about TK, but he's almost 36 and, whilst he hasn't totally lost it, he does seem to get rusty very quickly. I recall his first few games for City in this respect.

We were lucky to snap him up in the end, and it was just at the right time for us.

So far, I'd still rather have him than Long, from what I've seen, but I suppose it is down to finances. Meanwhile, we all wait for this stable of young 'keepers that seem to come from of our production line to come up with the goods, and the Reyes situation puzzles me slightly considering the rave reviews that accompanied his signing.

Barden also particularly impressed, but may be that serious illness he had has dented his progress too much. The rest are just a list of names to me, including Archie Mair, who might be first in line, so much so that I had to Google:-

• Ellis. Craven.
  • Jayden. St Paul.
  • Dylan. Berry.
  •  

Jayden St Paul has this week had to retire due to an ongoing knee injury sadly

10 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Interesting that the ‘poor’ side we played on Saturday has taken Newcastle to extra time, too.  

If Blackburn are something other than 'poor' they have achieved that with a far more modest spend than us in recent times in relation to both wages and transfer fees.

To be to fair to Krul there was abysmal defending in front of him. He must have had flashbacks of being back here.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

• Ellis. Craven.
  • Jayden. St Paul.
  • Dylan. Berry.
  •  

You are missing Jon McCracken, currently on loan at Dundee.

Archie Mair, Daniel Barden and Jon McCracken are all 23 and all out of contract in the summer. Will be interesting to see if we retain any of them. 

Mair and McCracken are both Scottish, but Mair is getting football in League Two and has Scotland U18, U19 and U21 caps. While McCracken has only been capped for U17's, and never seems to have gained a sustained spell of competitive football like Mair. Barden obviously been unfortunate, but it certainly looks on the face of it that Archie Mair is the closest to being good enough to become our number 2 or something,

Wouldn't rule out the possibility that none of them are quite good enough and we'll bin them all off to help cut the wage bill?

Edited by JonnyJonnyRowe
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Maidstone beat Ipswich but got subbed by Coventry, not sure what your point is..............

Oh, but I think you are - but I’ll make it clear for you Maidstone got lucky, Blackburn simply aren’t as crap as people made out.

6 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

and the Reyes situation puzzles me slightly considering the rave reviews that accompanied his signing.

Reyes is currently out on loan at Forest Green Rovers, he's had a couple of clean sheets and they are enjoying the best run of form of their season so far. He has helped steady their ship.

If he stays there (it was originally only an emergency loan) maybe he can help them overhaul the mighty ColU and escape relegation. 

• Thanks 1

Was very impressed with Archie Mair in the games he came in and played for us a few years back 

I used to dislike the drive down to Maidstone for work purposes but now ............. well now i have an affection to the place. 

14 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Interesting that the ‘poor’ side we played on Saturday has taken Newcastle to extra time, too.  

Is that the same Newcastle that have been steadily sliding down to 10th in the PL ?

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Is that the same Newcastle that have been steadily sliding down to 10th in the PL ?

It was the Newcastle that played most of the 2nd half without a recognised striker and missed 3 or 4 great chances.

To be fair to Blackburn they played considerably better against them than they did us. It remains 2 pts dropped.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Oh, but I think you are - but I’ll make it clear for you Maidstone got lucky, Blackburn simply aren’t as crap as people made out.

Really?, you think comparing a one off Cup game against a league game is a reasonable metric?. From what I saw of the Blackburn game they were also lucky, Newcastle were woeful/wasteful in front of goal..............

3 hours ago, Yobocop said:

Was very impressed with Archie Mair in the games he came in and played for us a few years back 

Don't you mean Daniel Barden? 

2 hours ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

Don't you mean Daniel Barden? 

Yes I did haha 

1 hour ago, Yobocop said:

Yes I did haha 

I suppose we don't really know if his progress has been massively stunted by his cancer, he's only played 2 games for Maidstone United in the National League since been diagnosed with cancer 2.5 years ago and is 23 now, so lets be honest the indications aren't looking good, Mair and McCracken are the same age and have found loans this season.

Bkackburn were very very poor against us Saturday, a point there isn't a bad result normally, but it did have a 2 points dropped feel about it.  They however, raised their game considerably for a night cup game vs Premier league opposition,  that's not actually much of a surprise. 

On 28/02/2024 at 00:29, The Bunny said:

Timmy had stinker, judging by the highlights https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68420426

Man City had 15 shots on target, 14 of them from within the 18 yard box, which those highlights don't reflect, Krul made some excellent stops. 

You let Man City have 15 shots on target against any keeper and I suspect the key highlights would end up looking bad for that keeper.

• Like 1