Would comfortably have this squad in the top 6.

Unfortunately Wagner is a very poor manager.

Another terrible appointment.

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Christ, silent as a libary for our last two matches and the second we get a draw..

Says the person saying we played like a team avoiding relegation...

6 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

He's right though 

He is?  Imo he’s just a wum, and a pretty crap one at that.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 2

Keith just now been  on radio Norfolk phone in stating the issue and cannot disagree with him

• Sad 1

Christ we’ve been playing really well recently and have drawn a game we should’ve won.

Can we not just give Wagner a break and fully get behind him and the team for the rest of the season?

Is that really asking too much for supposed fans of the club?

• Like 3

Sarge has covered up for Wagner - when in the team he is so good at stretching oppo that we get points DESPITE Wagner. When he has been out our side has hit relegation form - which is way below where they should be. His subs are erratic, he won’t play certain players and sticks with others no matter what. I think he’s our weakest link 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, baldy09 said:

Keith just now been  on radio Norfolk phone in stating the issue and cannot disagree with him

There’s a shock.

• Haha 1

With the squad we have we should be much higher, when it's gone well it's been disguised how limited Wagner is, games like today highlight his lack of ability to have a plan B.

Of course it's not completely his fault as the players have to take responsibility, for the goal is was poor from Dimi to give away the corner, terrible position from Hanley and Sarge and then Kenny ducks away from the ball as it's heading towards goal. 

2 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

With the squad we have we should be much higher, when it's gone well it's been disguised how limited Wagner is, games like today highlight his lack of ability to have a plan B.

Of course it's not completely his fault as the players have to take responsibility, for the goal is was poor from Dimi to give away the corner, terrible position from Hanley and Sarge and then Kenny ducks away from the ball as it's heading towards goal. 

You’re always going to concede the odd goal from set pieces, that’s just the way it is - but that felt a pretty poor one.  And the corner concession was very poor all round. Blaming Wagner for those bits of play is just a little strange, though.

Keith Scott thrives on negativity. Not because he is negative himself, but because he knows that negativity gets attention - a bit like the news, he mainly reports bad stuff that goes on. He knows it, gets off on it and thinks it's clever.

He may be right, he may be wrong in his posts, but the fact he only ever appears when things aren't positive kind of gives him away. A bit like a vulture hovering around looking for an easy feast, he plays on people's emotions when they are at their most vulnerable.

That he finds a respectable point away from home a time to try and home in on victims, shows he is clutching at straws, desperate for attention. Well done, KS, you've got it. Not that it will do you much good, the buzz will only last as long as people bother to reply to you and you will have to wait at least a week for the chance to have another go.

All the best

Big Lake District Canary

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

He's right though 

So why was everybody calling for Webbers head if we have a squad that should be easily sat in the play off places? I thought we’d got rid of Webber because his signings had been awful leaving us with no hope of promotion? 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

See this is where I disagree, we have a very average squad bar five players, Sargent, Sara, Nunez, Rowe & Gunn. McLeans been very solid, Duffy OK, but the rest just about championship mid table level!

Peopke forget the quality of players we lost last season and replaced with very average players.

Given the injuries to the key players and quality he’s had to deal with I think Wagners done OK, far higher than I anticipated in terms of league position.

Edited by Indy

10 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Sarge has covered up for Wagner - when in the team he is so good at stretching oppo that we get points DESPITE Wagner. When he has been out our side has hit relegation form - which is way below where they should be. His subs are erratic, he won’t play certain players and sticks with others no matter what. I think he’s our weakest link 

Is that like saying Buendia covered up for Farke? When he was in the team we’d get points despite Farke, but when he was injured/suspended our form was relegation material? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fen Canary said:

So why was everybody calling for Webbers head if we have a squad that should be easily sat in the play off places? I thought we’d got rid of Webber because his signings had been awful leaving us with no hope of promotion? 

There’s enough quality in the squad to finish in the top 6. I guess the problem at the time with Webber was top 6 wasn’t the aim top 2 was and thus they are not good enough save about 5 or 6 of the squad. On our day though we can compete with anyone at this level the trouble seems to be translating that into every game. We are consistently inconsistent you might say. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

See this is where I disagree, we have a very average squad bar five players, Sargent, Sara, Nunez, Rowe & Gunn. McLeans been very solid, Duffy OK, but the rest just about championship mid table level!

Peopke forget the quality of players we lost last season and replaced with very average players.

Given the injuries to the key players and quality he’s had to deal with I think Wagners done OK, far higher than I anticipated in terms of league position.

So we have 5 players that are above mid-championship standard? Most teams in our division would give anything to have that many. So we should be doing better? 

6 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Like it or not Wagner is here for the rest of this season at least so no point worrying about anything else. 

But we can speculate on who his replacement in the summer might be? 

6 minutes ago, Indy said:

Don't disagree but this squad is better (on paper) than Ipswich, Hull and West Brom, or at least should be.

1 minute ago, Indy said:

There’s plenty more players that have played for us or another team in promotion winning squads.

Sorry can’t agree this squads mid table. On top of Duffy and McClean there’s Gibson, Hanley, Barnes, Giannoulis and Stacy off top of my head.

You mix the talent of the 5 you mentioned with the solidity that should be offered by players like this there is no way this squads mid table. Go look at the squads currently mid table.

We aren’t in the league of Leicester, Southampton and Leeds…but neither is anyone else. We are arguably one of if not the best of the rest squads as you’d expect given our recent experience and expenditure.

8 minutes ago, Fen Canary said:

Who said that, I certainly didn't.

My point is that this squad should be in the Top 6 comfortably, at the moment it's by no means guaranteed we'll finish the season there and that will be a failure for the club.

15 minutes ago, Conrad said:

So we have 5 players that are above mid-championship standard? Most teams in our division would give anything to have that many. So we should be doing better? 

We are where we are as I said five who all have had a good amount of time on the sidelines too! So no I don’t think so……I think he’s doing OK, but do agree that his selections and subs certainly can be questioned at times! 

Edited by Indy

43 minutes ago, Keith Scott said:

Would comfortably have this squad in the top 6.

Unfortunately Wagner is a very poor manager.

Another terrible appointment.

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.

A decent poster..

Would every so often come up with something original instead of the same **** every week

Unfortunately Scott sucks and no one likes his posts.

They'll let any fool on here

Keep on drumming

The raptor 

14 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Don't disagree but this squad is better (on paper) than Ipswich, Hull and West Brom, or at least should be.

I don’t know? The reality is we only really know our own squad as we watch them week in week out, we see highlights of other teams and comment on their players!

For me we lost a skilful squad and tried to replace it with old pros and our own players who previously were sent out on loan to get them out the door! Hernandez & Placheta!

It’s been a massive readjustment last summer and you can’t play the brand and style of football we’ve become used to with this squad, we look far better when we get McLean at the back and Numez with Sara because there’s an outlet and a player who can see that at the back! Lose key players and we lose our shape and threat! No Rowe, possibly no Numez, is we lose Sargent or Sara were a very ordinary team!

Edited by Indy

10 minutes ago, Indy said:

I don’t know? The reality is we only really know our own squad as we watch them week in week out, we see highlights of other teams and comment on their players!

For me we lost a skilful squad and tried to replace it with old pros and our own players who previously were sent out on loan to get them out the door! Hernandez & Placheta!

It’s been a massive readjustment last summer and you can’t play the brand and style of football we’ve become used to with this squad, we look far better when we get McLean at the back and Numez with Sara because there’s an outlet and a player who can see that at the back! Lose key players and we lose our shape and threat! No Rowe, possibly no Numez, is we lose Sargent or Sara were a very ordinary team!

That's why I said on paper, if we take Ipswich as the example they are doing what we did, team spirit, consistent approach and a bit of luck on the way, they seem to have that feeling about their season.

Agree it's a worse squad, but still should be good enough.

If you don't have the players to play the style you want, you either get the players in who can...or change the style.

I'm not a McLean fan in midfield, think we get more from him and a better balance with him as a luxury centre half. Today he was pushed back in to midfield and was poor again, gave the ball away cheaply and kicked it out of play twice in the first 5 mins and add to that ducking out of the way for their goal. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

That's why I said on paper,

But that’s the point, football isn’t played on paper!

Confidence and momentum is far more important than how your team looks ‘on paper’. It’s why the  scum are doing so well now and we have in recent history