Sign in to follow this  

Interesting when you consider the majority of posters on here decided Webber had suddenly signed a load of players Farke didn't want and that's why we were so diabolical in the prem under him.. 

• Like 6

We signed him with a sell on clause, but as far as I'm aware we didn't sell him with one. Wasn't worth a sell on clause anyway

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Interesting when you consider the majority of posters on here decided Webber had suddenly signed a load of players Farke didn't want and that's why we were so diabolical in the prem under him.. 

Surely it’s just lazy bullocks though, isn’t it? He was gash for us… 

7 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

100 percent in my view. Ain’t no way Farke is signing rashica for Leeds… Josh Sargent on the other hand 🥲

14 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Michael Bailey said a very similar thing, though. 

I think it's more likely that this is simply lazy journalism linking Rashica with Leeds.

28 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

I would have thought so as I can't see why Leeds would need or want him with their current wide options...

19 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I think it's more likely that this is simply lazy journalism linking Rashica with Leeds.

Next you'll be accusing me of suggesting it purely for stirring.......

Probably Rashica's agent waving him around now that Leeds are looking strong to nick second place?

I think there's more chance of Farke wanting to pick Tzolis up on the cheap than splashing out on Rashica personally.  He's got much more about him that suits Farke's style.

But neither will happen as you'd think Farke would consider them both bad omens, and they've already got strong wide players.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Sort of. 

44 minutes ago, hogesar said:

As you are a stickler for facts and stats rather than people generalising.

How many posters in total are on this site? and what percentage of them decided that?...............

2 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

As you are a stickler for facts and stats rather than people generalising.

How many posters in total are on this site? and what percentage of them decided that?...............

87.2%

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

As Sargent has seen first hand a PL wooden spoon.  If a PL club is interested likely he will be off like a shot.  His recent goal flood will prove to be of particular at bargain price to lower light of PL.

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I believe Bailey said that Farke wanted fewer players of better quality and the disagreement was Webber was worried about training methods and squad strength. I don’t think he got into specifics about players, but I think the suggestion was Rashica was a player Farke wanted. However I do agree this story is likely lazy journalism.

30 minutes ago, norwich canary said:

His car is still parked in Norwich 

Another one? How many abandonded cars are there in Norwich!?

53 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Thanks for that, nice to know that you don't just make stuff up.................

"Oh, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. Forty percent of all people know that."

• Haha 1

It's not a popular opinion, I always thought he was one of our better players in that final Prem season. It's hard to judge individuals when the team as a whole is playing so badly. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, The Bunny said:

It's not a popular opinion, I always thought he was one of our better players in that final Prem season. It's hard to judge individuals when the team as a whole is playing so badly. 

Yeah I would agree plus he was injured for large chunks of the season and to be fair all the outfield players signed permanently had never played English football. Lees Melou and Rashica both looked ok by the end of the season. Sargent has now flourished. I feel it’s the loan signings that badly let us down.

But I agree he is essentially the same player as Dan James.

1 hour ago, norwich canary said:

His car is still parked in Norwich 

Is that the lime green Porsche? I bet he lived up in that penthouse too! 

7 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Is that the lime green Porsche? I bet he lived up in that penthouse too! 

Yes it is that one for some reason they have put tape over the reg number 

2 hours ago, The Bunny said:

I thought he was the worst possible signing because he was too good to drop but had a pathological aversion to playing Pukki in on goal. Ultimately he was no better than Hernandez: lots of decent runs but no end product whatsoever. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chicken said:

Sort of. 

7 hours ago, Monty13 said:

I believe Bailey said that Farke wanted fewer players of better quality and the disagreement was Webber was worried about training methods and squad strength. I don’t think he got into specifics about players, but I think the suggestion was Rashica was a player Farke wanted. However I do agree this story is likely lazy journalism.

You're both correct, of course. 

To clarify, Bailey said that Farke wanted the budget spent on three key players: a winger to replace Buendia, a defensive midfielder to replace Skipp (probably Robert Andrich, who was at Union Berlin and subsequently joined Leverkusen) and a centre back (likely Jerry St Juste, who was at Mainz and now plays in Portugal for Sporting). Webber disagreed and wanted to spread the budget over eight or nine players, which he did.

I don't think there was any suggestion that Farke and Webber disagreed over names, but logic suggests that if you're spending the same budget on three key players or nine of slightly lower quality, then you'll likely have different names on the lists.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

You're both correct, of course. 

To clarify, Bailey said that Farke wanted the budget spent on three key players: a winger to replace Buendia, a defensive midfielder to replace Skipp (probably Robert Andrich, who was at Union Berlin and subsequently joined Leverkusen) and a centre back (likely Jerry St Juste, who was at Mainz and now plays in Portugal for Sporting). Webber disagreed and wanted to spread the budget over eight or nine players, which he did.

I don't think there was any suggestion that Farke and Webber disagreed over names, but logic suggests that if you're spending the same budget on three key players or nine of slightly lower quality, then you'll likely have different names on the lists.

The discrepancy with this is that it would also appear that we did try to do that initially too. I suspect that it was a bit of both. Eg; that they would try to get those players but not at the expense of blowing the entire budget on them.

I think it became apparent quite quickly that we were not going to be able to land many of them. Ajer, Armstrong, Billings... three examples, Andrich another. All players we tabled bids for but missed out on. Andrich was rumoured to be due to wages.

Lees-Melou was a player Farke wanted. He and Webber were both surprised at how little they could get him for.