cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Canaries V Bluebirds*

Just now, dylanisabaddog said:

Does Sorenson really deserve to be dropped?

Possibly not but I think if McLean was going to be playing CB due to Gibson out I'm not sure you'd want 2 midfielders playing there if you could avoid it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Does Sorenson really deserve to be dropped?

He's not a centreback and was exposed most of our last match. Sure, McLean may not be either but he's proved himself playing in the position multiple times.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Haha 1

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

He's not a centreback and he was exposed most of the match. Why start him over other proven centrebacks who are fit?

Well, other than Batth who Wagner hates

He’s been dropped for Kenny?

• Like 1

Going to reserve any judgement on line up until the game is over. 

Horses for courses. 

Come on city let's turn this lot over. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Going to reserve any judgement on line up until the game is over. 

Horses for courses. 

Come on city let's turn this lot over. 

I like the lineup personally, Kenny is more attacking option at CB than Sorensen, allows Nunez in midfield. I think it’s the right selection for Wagner’s tactics against a poor Cardiff team.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, repman said:

Possibly not but I think if McLean was going to be playing CB due to Gibson out I'm not sure you'd want 2 midfielders playing there if you could avoid it.

I would have expected Hanley and Sorenson at the back, Nunez and McLean in front of them and Sara further forward. 

1 minute ago, Monty13 said:

I like the lineup personally, Kenny is more attacking option at CB than Sorensen, allows Nunez in midfield. I think it’s the right selection for Wagner’s tactics against a poor Cardiff team.

Oh of course, I wasn't suggesting I didn't like the line up. I agree with what you said.

• Like 1

think i would of had Sarge on Bench if needed bring him on if not he could of had a rest for a week big call to risk him 

1 minute ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I would have expected Hanley and Sorenson at the back, Nunez and McLean in front of them and Sara further forward. 

Maybe but I think Wagner has kept a left footer at CB whenever possible, Hanley is a disaster when trying to play out on the left side, Sorensen might be ok but has less experience of it than Kenny.

I guess the other scenario is that he wanted to get Nunez, who did very little to get dropped and was very good vs Watford, in the team without losing Barnes & Sargent up top. 

• Like 1

Hanley at his best is our rock. Kenny is probably one of the most versatile players we ever had on our books. 

Scored a midfielder's goal recently and centre back today. He wasn't that bad as a full back for a brief period either.

We'll miss the Mayor when he moves on. 

• Like 2

Just now, norfolkngood said:

think i would of had Sarge on Bench if needed bring him on if not he could of had a rest for a week big call to risk him 

I don’t agre, I’d rather start him and hope to get ahead rather than relying on him coming on to save it.

I’d be saying give us your all for first half and the:on when we’re two up we’ll take you off at half time 😉

4 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

So Sargent isn't injured. And neither is Hernandez.

Well, Sargent did walk with a slight limp while coming off and has only just come back from a long time injury that's seen him miss more than half the season. He clearly was not yet 100%, but thankfuly it seems he's back to full fitness.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

3 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Which of course doesn't mean they didn't need to come off on Tuesday.

Just now, rock bus said:

I don’t agre, I’d rather start him and hope to get ahead rather than relying on him coming on to save it.

I’d be saying give us your all for first half and the:on when we’re two up we’ll take you off at half time 😉

i get he is our best player and i always say play the best team you can ,

but with the injury doubts not playing him and giving him a rest might of been better ,

we already have Rowe out lose Sarge and we really are screwed 

2 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Think I heard Goreham say on Tuesday that he's played every minute of the Championship season so far.  That sort of resilience in a physical league is really underrated 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Agreed - I'm loving the line up & the DJ

26 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

He's ill.

Can't really argue with that team, all things considered.

Thanks. Yeah, looks a reasonable line up in the circumstances. Great that the Sarge is fit enough to start 

4 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Think I heard Goreham say on Tuesday that he's played every minute of the Championship season so far.  That sort of resilience in a physical league is really underrated 

He may not look like the kind of bloke yet somehow he's easily one of the fittest players in the entire divison, he just never seems to tire

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

He may not look like the kind of bloke yet somehow he's easily one of the fittest players in the entire divison, he just never seems to tire

Think it's the low-intensity, high repetition exercise of all that pointing that keeps him so fit

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

Can ai just say to you all that I’m having a great day at the football. Having a few pints and plan to go to the game and just express myself in the regular way based on what I see with no influence whatsoever from random fans living in the far flung corners of the globe because they “enjoy the scenery” (mmhmm, I bet you do)

God I love this club and this city and this county with no outside influence about how I should do it at all. Fantastic.

"I'm getting the word....."

Edited by Paint Me Yellow

24 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

It's because Wagner prefers a right footer/left footer combination at center half. Therefore, no Gibson means Handley plays and Kenny, being left footed, moves into the back line. 

16 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Probably because someone looked after their fitness well and brought them off just after half time Tuesday. ... Wonder who that could be 🤔

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

No. Kenny replaces Gibson, Handley replaces Sorensen. 

21 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Hanley at his best is our rock. Kenny is probably one of the most versatile players we ever had on our books. 

Scored a midfielder's goal recently and centre back today. He wasn't that bad as a full back for a brief period either.

Hopefully he doesn’t until he’s just too old to do what he does. Yea he’s got mistakes in him, but that’s why he plays for us and not someone better. People call players underrated a lot when it’s not necessarily true, but IMO Kenny is by both some supporters and non-local media.

Edited by Monty13