Good after match interview , was right to condemn booing of subs , not good for their morale when they came on . At least should have waited until the end to form an opinion. Apologies for starting another thread but life’s too short too read through 7 -8 pages of comments 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The boo boys ended up looking a bit silly.

However... it was clear to all, including surely Wagner, that the fans weren't booing the players, but the tactical decision. They were booing Wagner.

• Like 2

Sara did an interview and didn't seem happy with the crowd, said we need to stick together. Bit stupid if the boos are pi$$ing off the players, ruining their morale.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Satriales said:

Sara did an interview and didn't seem happy with the crowd, said we need to stick together. Bit stupid if the boos are pi$$ing off the players, ruining their morale.

Sargent who was clearly limping a little when taken off tried gesturing to the crowd to calm down and then shook his head and look pretty upset

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Sargent who was clearly limping a little when taken off tried gesturing to the crowd to calm down and then shook his head and look pretty upset

Yeah wasnt he wagging his finger as if to say no, don't boo.

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Well best he doesn't sign for Southampton in the future then as they were booed off at half time v Huddersfield on the back of a FIVE MONTH unbeaten run.

Thats the second time this week the crowd have got on Wagners back for his substitutions and when he explains the reasons and thinking behind it they are made to look a bit stupid,but do they learn.Do they hell.
How ironic that the two players coming on set up one and scored the decider to ensure three points and the chance to push on and hopefully end the season on a high in what was looking to be a disappointment the way things were going.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Satriales said:

Yep, then they'll all wonder why when These same players want to leave. 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Well best he doesn't sign for Southampton in the future then as they were booed off at half time v Huddersfield on the back of a FIVE MONTH unbeaten run.

Note, at half time, not the middle of a game when winning 🤷

I keep reading that "we won in spite of those subs" - what a load of ****. Bringing Nunez on and pushing Sara further up with Barnes directly led to goal 3, with the other sub Fassnacht scoring the 4th. The substitutions absolutely made sense to me when watching, as we were being overrun in midfield - Nunez changed that. If it wasn't for an absolute belter of a goal for Watford's second then it would've been 4-1.

Entitled and absurd

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

So how do we move forward with such an inherently unpopular manager?

I

Sack the crowd. We did quite well during Covid when nobody was present. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Conrad said:

Sack the crowd. We did quite well during Covid when nobody was present. 

This fact is becoming ever more curious. Wonder if we'd have stormed the league like we did if people were there. 

I bet the players are crying into their golf clubs today.

Climbing into their porches and landrovers must have been almost impossible this morning as a section of fans had dared to boo.

I have full sympathy for them and Thier bank accounts.

Maybe they should leave pro football and become bankers or something so they don't get heckled?

I have almost as much sympathy and respect for them as I do all the self righteous idiots complaining about it.

Boo (Fcuking hoo) 

It's clear that both Wagner and the players were quite rightly hacked off with the fans reaction.

Short term this may be a good thing, the team are clearly fighting for Wagner and developing a siege mentality or us against the world approach could help to continue our push for the play offs.

BUT longer term the club hierarchy really need to address the tensions and gulf between the fans and the club...Wagner is quite right that we need to be pulling together.

I actually find it quite sad how bad things have become since the point with Farke (and initially Webber) that it really felt like we all loved the club and were united in the vision for the future of the club

The fact the Manager AND players are having to build and develop a siege mentality against their own supposed fans tells you all about where the problems at this club lay.

It was all Webber's fault for the disconnect and if we just got rid of him it would solve everything. Oh wait, he went and people still want to drag the club down so they claim Stuart is still running things from a mountain or whatever.

Then Knapper talks and now the disconnect is because well, we don't like some of the subs even if we win a game, we don't like the manager even though with a fit squad he has us exactly where we should be, the grass on the pitch is a little shorter than usual so that's another boo. 

I don't think the club itself can do anything. MA can takeover sooner but if he still likes Wagner then he'll be the next one that gets the boo. IF he sacks him and we do worse, then the new manager and MA will get a boo along with Knapper.

There's a set of fans who are determined to be miserable and counter-productive to helping the team. There's nothing we can do about it unfortunately.

• Like 1

We were all wondering why Onel came off as he was a big attacking threat. Instead of booing why not clap Onel in respect of his good performance then wait for DW's reasoning. A lot on here are looking to get on DW's back every chance they get. Form an opinion once you have the full facts. We'll never know what goes on behind closed doors so the full facts are known to a select few. Onel happened to be injured!!! Good decision in the end!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rock bus said:

It's clear that both Wagner and the players were quite rightly hacked off with the fans reaction.

Short term this may be a good thing, the team are clearly fighting for Wagner and developing a siege mentality or us against the world approach could help to continue our push for the play offs.

BUT longer term the club hierarchy really need to address the tensions and gulf between the fans and the club...Wagner is quite right that we need to be pulling together.

I actually find it quite sad how bad things have become since the point with Farke (and initially Webber) that it really felt like we all loved the club and were united in the vision for the future of the club

Same here.. but as you say, maybe Wagner is trying to fostering that siege mentality and if it works... all good. If not, I fear the split will grow between the two sets of fans. We do need to have constructive ideas to improve things, I won't hold by breathe given the quotes from one of our owners.

4 hours ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

The boo boys ended up looking a bit silly.

However... it was clear to all, including surely Wagner, that the fans weren't booing the players, but the tactical decision. They were booing Wagner.

I will stand corrected, but I don’t think that’s what the players think, Sara in particular didn’t seem happy in an interview I heard.

Edited by Well b back

2 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

I bet the players are crying into their golf clubs today.

Climbing into their porches and landrovers must have been almost impossible this morning as a section of fans had dared to boo.

I have full sympathy for them and Thier bank accounts.

Maybe they should leave pro football and become bankers or something so they don't get heckled?

I have almost as much sympathy and respect for them as I do all the self righteous idiots complaining about it.

Boo (Fcuking hoo) 

And if those players decide they don’t want to be here anymore ?

25 minutes ago, Well b back said:

I'm sure they can be paid millions elsewhere.

Sorry I had to leave the fans upset me, pathetic yet hilarious.

Get a grip , dunno when half of this forum became such wet wipes.

1 hour ago, Well b back said:

Those that are good enough will not be here anyway.