S_81

Wagner has gone nuclear

13 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Lets be honest here, stars players will be sold if a decent offer is received, regardless of what is or is not happening on the terraces/whether or not we are in the play offs.

In regards to what triggers the club to accept an offer you're right.

But a player that's at a club who's fans are on their back and failing to see progress is going to attract bids of less value and from less clubs to one who's actively enjoying the support from the crowd and pushing into higher league positions.

9 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

In regards to what triggers the club to accept an offer you're right.

But a player that's at a club who's fans are on their back and failing to see progress is going to attract bids of less value and from less clubs to one who's actively enjoying the support from the crowd and pushing into higher league positions.

That is your opinion and I respect you for it...........

5 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Real fans.

Such a playground comment.

Possibly. I don't profess any expertise in playground language. I suspect you would know better than I.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, S_81 said:

Supporters don’t boo. 
Those that do need to stay at home. 

Doesn’t seem to understand it’s his decisions being booed (rightly or wrongly). Not the team. 

Both Hernandez and Sargent declared they were injured at half-time. A few minutes into the second half when their injuries persisted Wagner rightly replaced them. Fans booing did so without this knowledge. If ever there was a good example of why unknowledgeable fans shouldn't boo, this is it.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

No it isn't a solution but then you have to question 'why' the fans don't like Wagner, because that's the real issue.

I refer you to my post. As I suggested, there are a certain section of the fan base, who don't like any manager we have had since Lambert who escaped before the inevitable opprobrium was aimed at him. 

6 minutes ago, Badger said:

Possibly. I don't profess any expertise in playground language. I suspect you would know better than I.

Well you are an expert.

4 hours ago, Ian said:

Don't disagree with this at all, but surely then people have the right to point out booing when the team is winning 2-1, and then go on to win 4-2, makes you look particularly moronic, as well as petulant and childish?

I imagine the supporters of other clubs find this behaviour among a section of our fanbase as completely bizarre. A team in form chasing down the playoffs and the fans boo. Really? I sat near the Wednesday fans when they came down and they were literally laughing at our support.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Well you are an expert.

Well thank you. I pride myself on being able to communicate with people of all levels and find your praise reassuring. (But stop it now, you will make me blush).

Edited by Badger
Corrected spelling
  • Haha 1

I have been fairly publicly Wagner out for a while. That said I think he has earned the right to still be in the job with the results we’ve had lately. We are 6th and although inconsistent we do have a chance of finishing in the playoffs which after last season would be a massive step in the right direction. 

I have never and will never boo a substitution. I did not agree with the decisions but you always have to be mindful that it could be due to injuries and fatigue in this day and age. plenty of other managers have made decisions I didn’t agree with and I can’t not remember this level of boos or negativity towards a coach since Gunn or Roeder. It was slightly embarrassing to be honest. I know he said it was a small pocket chanting but it absolutely was not from where I sat in the middle of the Barclay it was loud and all over. We played an hour of good football yesterday with a bad 30 mins in the middle of it. Let’s try and focus on the positives and finish the season well. 

26 minutes ago, BigFish said:

I imagine the supporters of other clubs find this behaviour among a section of our fanbase as completely bizarre. A team in form chasing down the playoffs and the fans boo. Really? I sat near the Wednesday fans when they came down and they were literally laughing at our support.

I did wonder what the Watford fans thought of the display yesterday. I can't imagine they even knew what the hostility was for.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Badger said:

Well thank you. I pride myself on being able to communicate with people of all levels and find your praise reassuring. (But stop it now, you will make me blush).

Perhaps you should take your head out of your **** it would improve your ability to communicate.

9 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Perhaps you should take your head out of your **** it would improve your ability to communicate.

But you just said I was an expert? You are being somewhat mercurial.*

(* Thought this might help. https://www.google.com/search?q=mercurial&rlz=1C1GCEA_enGB1079GB1079&oq=mercurial&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyDAgAEEUYORixAxiABDINCAEQABiDARixAxiABDIKCAIQABixAxiABDIGCAMQABgDMg0IBBAAGIMBGLEDGIAEMgcIBRAAGIAEMgYIBhAAGAMyCggHEAAYsQMYgAQyCggIEAAYsQMYgAQyBwgJEAAYgATSAQk1OTYzajBqMTWoAgCwAgA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 )

Actually feel for Wagner with all this. I was one of many who wanted him gone when Webber left but he’s so far ridden the storm well and picked up an entertaining 4-2 vs a bogey team in Watford and all he gets is grief. How else is he going to feel?

I get the malaise at the club long term after them damaging PL spells but realistically, this is it for now so Wagner and the players deserve to be encouraged, especially while he’s actually pulling off results and promotion is very much on the cards.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Badger said:

But you just said I was an expert? You are being somewhat mercurial.*

Big words mean that your compensating.

You have established your a self righteous moron ( won't include a link Google it yourself)

On that note I wish you a horrid lonely existence.

1 hour ago, BigFish said:

Yeah we've been one of the most criticised home fans online by away visitors and with good reason. Last night was a new level of embarrassment by association for me.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yeah we've been one of the most criticised home fans online by away visitors and with good reason. Last night was a new level of embarrassment by association for me.

I still Maintain this is a Webber legacy, Wagner doesn’t deserve the boos, Sargent was knackered and Nunez certainly was the correct call, playing Sorensen worked out well too! I have my criticisms of Wagner but I still think he’s doing a great job given the squad and injuries he’s working with!

7 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Big words mean that your compensating.

You have established your a self righteous moron ( won't include a link Google it yourself)

On that note I wish you a horrid lonely existence.

It might be preferable to meeting you?

But, in the spirit of concerned helpfulness, I attach another link.

https://www.udemy.com/course/free-online-social-skills-course-communication-interpersonal-skills/

6 minutes ago, Indy said:

I still Maintain this is a Webber legacy, Wagner doesn’t deserve the boos, Sargent was knackered and Nunez certainly was the correct call, playing Sorensen worked out well too! I have my criticisms of Wagner but I still think he’s doing a great job given the squad and injuries he’s working with!

I think it’s a Webber era legacy, I don’t think you can blame Webber 100% considering nothings changed since he left and no one’s tried to resolve it, quite the opposite in fact.

I do feel for Wagner, like Smith and Farke before him he’s getting the brunt of it despite it not really being all about him.

I don’t think some supporters would be booing his subs if more had been done to mend and improve relations personally.

1 minute ago, Monty13 said:

I think it’s a Webber era legacy, I don’t think you can blame Webber 100% considering nothings changed since he left and no one’s tried to resolve it, quite the opposite in fact.

I do feel for Wagner, like Smith and Farke before him he’s getting the brunt of it despite it not really being all about him.

I don’t think some supporters would be booing his subs if more had been done to mend and improve relations personally.

Agreed. The club could have prevented this or at least gone some way toward it had communications been better and more conciliatory. Instead they have doubled down by not engaging. I don’t think Wagner is a good coach or that he’s doing more than the minimum I would expect but he’s been left to the Wolves by the club and it’s perhaps surprising that this is the first time he’s bitten back. 

14 minutes ago, Indy said:

When the fans couldn't be bothered to support earlier in the season they certainly stated it was down to Webber. They said he needed to go to improve things.

Well he did go, we've got injured players back and are considerably better on the pitch for it. But the same fans have continued to try and create some toxic environment and make it as difficult as possible for the players and manager to succeed.

2 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

God knows what the club is supposed to do. Every week post a "sorry we're mean and horrible" tweet? It's beyond me how soft football fans apparently are "we boooooo because we're DISILLUSIONED" 

"what are you disillusioned about?"

"THE CLUB"

"Yeah but what about the club?"

"The sporting director"

"But he's gone and been replaced..."

"Well the new one hasn't said anything!"

"He spoke last week"

"....Ok smarty pants, well the owners then!"

"They're changing too"

"....BUT NOT FAST ENOUGH FOR ME! ALSO BOO WAGNER SUBS!"

29 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

You have established your a self righteous moron

"you're"

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

"you're"

I don't think that he has done apostrophes yet.

15 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

I disagree! Knappers already stated the change in focus away from Dads army! He got rid of Foreshaw & Placheta, Hwang back too and bought in VH!

I think Wagners done a sterling job but he’s still seen as Webber appointment and mate! Hogs is right he’s not being treated fairly given the squad & injuries!

I do agree the clubs board are missing even Zoe’s gone quiet and MA is absent from any involvement in the media! There’s still a them v us mentality between fans and it’s noticeable on media and the ground, I’m not sure it was the right thing to come out with by Wagner in attacking the boo boys but he got the result last night! Good on him!

Sara tried to unite the fans, about time the board structure and members came out to try and unite the fans! A bold statement of intent and update on boards new structure wouldn’t go a miss! 

Edited by Indy

2 minutes ago, Badger said:

I don't think that he has done apostrophes yet.

An expert on Roger's Profanisaurus though ............

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

When the fans couldn't be bothered to support earlier in the season they certainly stated it was down to Webber. They said he needed to go to improve things.

Well he did go, we've got injured players back and are considerably better on the pitch for it. But the same fans have continued to try and create some toxic environment and make it as difficult as possible for the players and manager to succeed.

God knows what the club is supposed to do. Every week post a "sorry we're mean and horrible" tweet? It's beyond me how soft football fans apparently are "we boooooo because we're DISILLUSIONED" 

"what are you disillusioned about?"

"THE CLUB"

"Yeah but what about the club?"

"The sporting director"

"But he's gone and been replaced..."

"Well the new one hasn't said anything!"

"He spoke last week"

"....Ok smarty pants, well the owners then!"

"They're changing too"

"....BUT NOT FAST ENOUGH FOR ME! ALSO BOO WAGNER SUBS!"

I don’t think that’s the issue Hoggy.

It’s been a steady drip of veiled or not so veiled fan jabs for a long while. Coupled with either doubling down on that or refusing to acknowledge any issue exists.

Even the mantra of “ignore the noise” basically boils down to ignore the supporters.

I appreciate some people don’t care, some people clearly do.

I just honestly don’t know how it’s resolved unless someone owns it and attempts to fix it.

We are in the playoffs and Carrow Road is a morgue.

Whatever any of us think of our fellow supporters surely we can acknowledge a morale issue like this simply cannot be ignored and won’t resolve on its own or by attacking those that are vocal.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Indy said:

I disagree! Knappers already stated the change in focus away from Dads army! He got rid of Foreshaw & Placheta, Hwang back too and bought in VH!

I think Wagners done a sterling job but he’s still seen as Webber appointment and mate! Hogs is right he’s not being treated fairly given the squad & injuries!

I do agree the clubs board are missing even Zoe’s gone quiet and MA is absent from any involvement in the media! There’s still a them v us mentality between fans and it’s noticeable on media and the ground, I’m not sure it was the right thing to come out with by Wagner in attacking the boo boys but he got the result last night! Good on him!

Wasn’t my point Indy, I agree Knappers doing a great job so far IMO, but it isn’t a sporting issue really, it’s not his job to fix. It’s a wider club issue IMO and I agree with your last paragraph.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

I don’t think that’s the issue Hoggy.

It’s been a steady drip of veiled or not so veiled fan jabs for a long while. Coupled with either doubling down on that or refusing to acknowledge any issue exists.

Even the mantra of “ignore the noise” basically boils down to ignore the supporters.

I appreciate some people don’t care, some people clearly do.

I just honestly don’t know how it’s resolved unless someone owns it and attempts to fix it.

We are in the playoffs and Carrow Road is a morgue.

Whatever any of us think of our fellow supporters surely we can acknowledge a morale issue like this simply cannot be ignored and won’t resolve on its own or by attacking those that are vocal.

None of the board members that the “certain section” of the crowd has a problem with has the guts to take any responsibility and I’m afraid the time for all this has passed. Webber leaving was positive and I’ve yet to meet anyone that doesn’t want to give Knapper a fair shot (I’m happy with him so far) it’s those board members that are just going to have to go I’m afraid.

Jelly and Ice Cream when Delia leaves.

Edited by The Real Buh

1 minute ago, Nexus_Canary said:

The pathetic **** are out in force today.

Oh so you don't like it when someone points out your failings then, is that the new rule now?

1 minute ago, Nexus_Canary said:

The pathetic **** are out in force today.

The bitty has been rationed for weeks and weeks now and it’s really starting to show

• Haha 1