cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Canaries V Hornets*

Poor old Sorensen. His ball came out of the tombola machine twice in four days in positions which aren't his preferred ones. Soon we can all scapegoat him. Well done, Dave!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Where is the line-up, please?

It is normally added to the OP of a match thread. Where can I find it?

1 minute ago, BroadstairsR said:

Bring back Kiwi, I say.

Barnes starting again, I bet VH must be wondering if made the right choice to sit on our bench while the prolific Barnes starts every game ahead of him!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Where is the line-up, please?

9 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

7 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

That’s when @KiwiScot wins the race, @cambridgeshire canary does it differently.

Don't you fret, it's been on the first page for a couple minutes now!

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Assume Hanley dropped either due to fitness or because he wants someone more comfortable on the ball. Not really surprising other than that IMO.

4 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Thanks had just twigged it.

Sorensen?

Well, it wouldn't be a Wagner starting line-up without at least one totally weird selection, would it?

I’ve had it with Wagner. 

A midfield at CB - whilst perfectly decent CB sits on the bench

Aging striker not rested whilst new striker isn’t playing.  

Always such bizzare lineups and subs and tactics. Make it make sense! 

1 minute ago, canarybubbles said:

Well, it wouldn't be a Wagner starting line-up without at least one totally weird selection, would it?

He keeps on about the attempt at gaining a play-off place and then experiments with the line-up.

Let's hope it comes off. I believe it is not the first time Lungi has stood in there to some effect, but what about Batth?

Just now, Dean Coneys boots said:

I’ve had it with Wagner. 

For me it's more the lack of Nunez. He's become quite involved in our better performances recently, not least v Coventry where everything seemed to click.

I thought we had one eye on tonight with the selection at QPR but seemingly all roads lead to Barnes.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

I’ve had it with Wagner. 

Please let's all agree that if this turns into a defensive disaster, we don't turn Sorensen into a scapegoat. Let's aim our wrath where it deserves to go.

• Like 1

Initial thoughts are what a shambles of a team selection, Sorenson at CB, Hanley and Batth both on the bench (what was the point in signing DB?) 

Barnes starting again when he's shown he can affect a game when brought on from the bench! Why bother signing SVH just to plonk him on the bench, especially if we have a buy option! Let's see what he has apart from splinters in his ****! 

I hope it works but I'm skeptical - tinkerman strikes again. 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor

2 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Apparently our 11th CB pairing this season. That is so ridiculous- little wonder we are not consistent. 

David "Tinkerman" Wagner does it again

If there was one side not to start with a recognised CB it's Ismael's Watford. Balls will be flying into the box regularly (Stacey and Dimi are useless at stopping crosses), Ĺungi is okay on the ground but this will be a full on air assault. D'oh!

• Like 1

Just now, shefcanary said:

If there was one side not to start with a recognised CB it's Ismael's Watford. Balls will be flying into the box regularly (Stacey and Dimi are useless at stopping crosses), Ĺungi is okay on the ground but this will be a full on air assault. D'oh!

If only we had a couple of spare center halves sitting around... 😱

Another encouraging stat- we have never won with Sorensen at CB. 

meanwhile poor Danny Baath might as well have purchased a season ticket and not bothered training. 

he really does have some players he picks regardless of form and others he won’t pick regardless of need.

I remember Farke's first promotion and the terrible luck we had with centre backs, so that we ended up having to play midfielders there. Now apparently we do it out of choice.

• Like 1

I honestly think Wagner is now picking teams to just wind us up on here, there can’t be. Y other explanation.

Madness

17 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

For me it's more the lack of Nunez. He's become quite involved in our better performances recently, not least v Coventry where everything seemed to click.

I thought we had one eye on tonight with the selection at QPR but seemingly all roads lead to Barnes.

Exactly. With him playing next to Kenny and Sara in a three man midfield we finally had some control and Nunez was really starting to perform. He’s now been unceremoniously dropped to re-establish the same midfield combo that was way too easy to play through earlier in the season. I find it so frustrating. 

• Like 1

Yes I have wondered if he actually wants the sack? I mean it feels deliberately provocative at times. Why drop Nunez? Why buy Sydney and not play him? Why always pick Barnes? Why put a midfield in cb with decent one on bench. Crazy’ 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1