45 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Little disappointed Knapper has only brought in one player ,

i did expect maybe a couple of Gems he knew about from his time at Arsenal maybe who he had seen in other teams under 23's ,

maybe it is we are short of cash ,

maybe he is happy with what we have ,

you would of thought if the club were really pushing for the play-offs they would have got some help inĀ 

I think the main issue is that Knapper's stated aim at the AGM was to get to work bringing the age of the squad down. He's done that by subtraction (Hwang, Forshaw out) instead of adding more players to the squad. Idah/van Hooijdonk is practically a wash in terms of age.

Wagner seems to prefer to play his experienced lads over the youngsters so I think Knapper has decided there's little point making movesĀ right now forĀ players if they aren't going to get into the side. Especially considering transfer fees might be more now than in the summer.

Also we went quite big with a lot of our business in the summer, and a lot of that was also quite short term. Knapper has essentially made his job in the summer a bit easier this window, instead of digging a deeper hole in pursuit of promotion. I don't think we've shown enough up to this point to really warrant that.

I didn't realise that Jim White is doing a live transfer window show via talksport channel lol, Let it go Jim!

Ā 

4 minutes ago, repman said:

I think the main issue is that Knapper's stated aim at the AGM was to get to work bringing the age of the squad down. He's done that by subtraction (Hwang, Forshaw out) instead of adding more players to the squad. Idah/van Hooijdonk is practically a wash in terms of age.

Wagner seems to prefer to play his experienced lads over the youngsters so I think Knapper has decided there's little point making movesĀ right now forĀ players if they aren't going to get into the side. Especially considering transfer fees might be more now than in the summer.

Also we went quite big with a lot of our business in the summer, and a lot of that was also quite short term. Knapper has essentially made his job in the summer a bit easier this window, instead of digging a deeper hole in pursuit of promotion. I don't think we've shown enough up to this point to really warrant that.

No i do not think we will go up either but we are close enough to play offs ,

we are in Limbo with position in league and with Manager ,

i just thought he would have something up his sleeveĀ 

Here we go. Idah gone on loan. Sydney on his way. Any time now šŸ™‚

Transfer window has got so intense,Ā Sky Sports presenters currentlyĀ playing darts on air.Ā Ā 

11 minutes ago, Bigbrenn said:

Idah now officially left. Latest on official City homepage.Ā 

Be interesting to find out if they do have a buy option. Best thing for us is he bangs in goals and either comes back or goes for a decent fee in the summer.

Have a sinking feeling weā€™ll have a Sargent shaped hole to fill.

4 minutes ago, If wed kept Howie.. said:

why?

Mixture of reasons.

Some are underwhelmed with Idah himself. Seen three or four citing his goalscoring record. One or two questioning how he improves the squad. One or two belittling us.Ā 

Some believe their board are doing things on the cheap. Quite a lot question the point of a loan that will end in the player returning in May. See it as a bit of a waste of cash.

Quite a lot seem to think they need a left back which hasn't happened.Ā 

Quite a lot are welcoming Idah, but believe they've had a bad window.Ā 

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

Suits him, hopefully still wearing it in September šŸ˜‰

Screenshot_20240201_224310_Facebook.jpg

Guessing the delay was the Celtic marketing team working on the Photoshop job.Ā 

7 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Be interesting to find out if they do have a buy option. Best thing for us is he bangs in goals and either comes back or goes for a decent fee in the summer.

Have a sinking feeling weā€™ll have a Sargent shaped hole to fill.

They don't - loan only according to the Pinkun front page

1 minute ago, Google Bot said:

Did we get fee for PP?

Got to be honest, it's late and I read this as free P&P and thought it was a very cute insult towards Placheta

On a serious note, I don't think so. Pinkun guys reckon similar to Forshaw.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

They don't - loan only according to the Pinkun front page

Then thatā€™s a very good move for us IMO.Ā 

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I'm happy to get him off the wage bill and away from the pitch.Ā 

Any fee would've been a bonus.

There's always the concern with PP that he'll go off and do wonders somewhere else though.Ā  That opening spell with Brum before he got injured, he looked like a different player.