Sign in to follow this  
RobJames

Mikey Johnson

Pinkun says we are interested in Mikey

Unlike Idah, he knows where the goal is and can hit the target.  Both Barnes and Sargeant are more the 'tap in' type forwards. We need another like Sainz who will run at defenders, and score.

Whether Celtic will see how Sainz and Rowe have improved massively with us and sanction a loan, maybe even a sale, is yet to be seen. And like so much, it is dependent upon the chain/logjam being broken. Here's hoping, because this is the one area we need to strengthen

Edited by RobJames

25 minutes ago, RobJames said:

Unlike Idah, he knows where the goal is and can hit the target.  

He has fewer career goals, at a worse goals-per-game and goals-per-minute rate than Idah.

Yes, I know he's predominantly a wide player, and he'd probably be more useful than Placheta and Hernandez, but this is the second time this evening you've made a statement that completely contradicts facts in an attempt to criticise Idah.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

And this is the umpteenth time youn have made up stuff, I have not said. The numbers you quote are not the be all and end all of a player. Idah's goal tally include 2 penalties, one of which he nearly missed. And " you've made a statement that completely contradicts facts ". No, I posted an opinion on Idah's ability. Not the same. No facts stated, just an opinion. If you are going to reply, then reply to what I actually said.

Those with mild Asperger might excite themselves over numbers. Others watch the game and Idah's ability and contribution. Idah has very limited ability on the ball and his contribution is all too often useless, hence him not being first choice. He is not the 'wunderkind'. He is 23 in a fortnight. He has failed to live up to that earlier promise. Something I suspect most other on here, and elsewhere, can see.

Time for us to move him on, as his reported move to Verona suggests. And time for you to recognise that any talk of a 'possible' signing of a striker will undoubtedly focus on those he will replace.

18 minutes ago, RobJames said:

And this is the umpteenth time youn have made up stuff, I have not said. The numbers you quote are not the be all and end all of a player. Idah's goal tally include 2 penalties, one of which he nearly missed. And " you've made a statement that completely contradicts facts ". No, I posted an opinion on Idah's ability. Not the same. No facts stated, just an opinion. If you are going to reply, then reply to what I actually said.

Those with mild Asperger might excite themselves over numbers. Others watch the game and Idah's ability and contribution. Idah has very limited ability on the ball and his contribution is all too often useless, hence him not being first choice. He is not the 'wunderkind'. He is 23 in a fortnight. He has failed to live up to that earlier promise. Something I suspect most other on here, and elsewhere, can see.

Time for us to move him on, as his reported move to Verona suggests. And time for you to recognise that any talk of a 'possible' signing of a striker will undoubtedly focus on those he will replace.

Oh Christ this forum is on a proper bender again. Just lost an entire post.

Edited by Terminally Yellow

7 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Oh Christ this forum is on a proper bender again. Just lost an entire post.

It's been slow as **** for me too. Awful.

• Like 2

Sadly the fact that he's predominantly a left winger suggests that he's more likely to be a replacement for Rowe than for Idah. Here's hoping this report is actually 'wide of the mark'... #nocircus

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

It's been slow as **** for me too. Awful.

51 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Glad it's not just me

Deep breaths and relax CC. I’m sure the boffins are working tirelessly to get you back up and running at your usual posting rate ( big smile )

10 hours ago, RobJames said:

Unlike Idah, he knows where the goal is and can hit the target.  Both Barnes and Sargeant are more the 'tap in' type forwards. We need another like Sainz who will run at defenders, and score.

Whether Celtic will see how Sainz and Rowe have improved massively with us and sanction a loan, maybe even a sale, is yet to be seen. And like so much, it is dependent upon the chain/logjam being broken. Here's hoping, because this is the one area we need to strengthen

The pink un isn't saying we are interested. It is only quoting reports that say that.

Christ, he can't even get in the Celtic first team at the moment, who play at lower Championship level. The reversion continues.

11 hours ago, RobJames said:

Unlike Idah, he knows where the goal is and can hit the target.  B

Not sure why you are comparing the goalscoring ability of a right winger with a striker.

But 1 goal in 25 games in the Portuguese league last season doesn't really support your story, and this is clearly the Jonny Rowe replacement if true, and we've then got to compare his 10 goals in 85 career league games with Jonny Rowe's 12 goals in a little over half a season.

Completely uninspiring and I find it very difficult to put a positive spin on this.

29 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Christ, he can't even get in the Celtic first team at the moment, who play at lower Championship level. The reversion continues.

Its like the 2005-2009 period all over again, continual downgrading of players to fit a shrinking playing budget until we hit a rock bottom. Hopefully this time the rock bottom coincides with Mark A taking full control of the club and a new era.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Samwam27 said:

He's probably a replacement for Placheta

Cardboard cutout would do for that.

6 minutes ago, rock bus said:

Weird that we couldnt have got him as part of the Idah deal?

Think it’s purely paper talk tbh that we were interested in him. Other than Van Hooijdonk to replace Idah I doubt anything major will happen as we seem to have so little money now