1 hour ago, Mello Yello said:

I wonder if Jo Jo Rowe features for us against Coventry on Saturday?....

Obvs not when club said couple weeks out with broken hand 😂 

3 minutes ago, daz said:

Obvs not when club said couple weeks out with broken hand 😂 

It's football not volleyball....Onel has had his hand/wrist strapped and continued playing....

1 hour ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

I suppose that the reality is that Rowe has his price and that the club aren't going to object to these types of communications in the hope that the club in question can meet that price.

However I thought Crystal Palace submitted complaints about Chelsea tapping up Michael Olise in the summer! 

Yeah, true, there was Olise as well. But it happens with every transfer, and it just depends how far the buying club go and how irritated the player's current club is.

1 hour ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Selling the club's top scorer in January while still in touching distance of the play offs seems pretty counter-intuitive to me, but hey ho.

Sold Dean Ashton when in a similar situation it wouldn’t be anything new to the club. Sold Sutton when told we wouldn’t. Sold Bradley Johnson straight after he won player of the year and we got promoted, Sold Emi in exactly the same way. Sold both the Murphy twins before either could get near their potential for a quick buck. Don’t even get me started as this is a very long list. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

It's football not volleyball....Onel has had his hand/wrist strapped and continued playing....

My thoughts but I got shot down by many. 

1 minute ago, percy varco said:

My thoughts but I got shot down by many. 

No, no, no. What you mean is you got shot down by the Delia-loving, Haribo-eating, Webber-worshipping 80%s. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

£11m for Josh was a phenomenal bit of business when you look at what he's done since.

Maybe maybe not, I think the move probably stifled his development after what was after all his first breakout season. It’s one that the player will look back on and probably regret more than the club. 

Clubs have very little say these days. 

Players hold ALL the power. You would think Rowe felt some obligation to the club after we paid him for a year whilst injured but seems loyalty only works one way. 

• Like 2

Sold Emi in exactly the same way.

Don’t agree with that, Emi sold himself and it wouldn’t have mattered what we said.

If and I do stress if Rowe really said that about the EPL ( I don’t think he did by the way or at least not in that way  ) then we will have no choice but to let him move.

59 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Sold both the Murphy twins before either could get near their potential for a quick buck.

One of those definitely proved to be a wise decision.

And the other has done alright but I doubt Newcastle could recoup the fee paid.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, duke63 said:

Clubs have very little say these days. 

Players hold ALL the power. You would think Rowe felt some obligation to the club after we paid him for a year whilst injured but seems loyalty only works one way. 

I don't think we should let the club off the hook by blaming Rowe if he leaves this month.

It would be the club giving up on the play off chase.

The club can't wait to get their hands on a big pile of cash in reality, and I bet Rowe would have no problem at all with playing on for 4 more months if we just told him that he can leave in the summer. 

Edited by JonnyJonnyRowe

42 minutes ago, duke63 said:

If a player wants a move to a bigger club then yes, they hold the power and will nearly always get their way, but I disagree about loyalty only going one way. If a player doesn't perform or a young player doesn't develop to first team standard then the club won't offer them a new contract to reward their loyalty, and rightly so obviously.

This latest Jonny Rowe 'report' is merely a Pinkun reporter taking something from another source and using it to stir the pot as him and his comrades have been doing all season. 

9 hours ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

One of those definitely proved to be a wise decision.

And the other has done alright but I doubt Newcastle could recoup the fee paid.

I think there’s a couple of nuances to these deals. While we got good money for both. I don’t think either twin has developed as well as was expected of them. Part of that in my mind was that their moves came too quickly for them, young players need game time and once sold they did a lot of bench warming at clubs. Sadly this was at a time when the club clearly needed money. I’m not saying with what’s happens they were not good deals financially because they clearly are. What I am saying is I think if both had stayed their career would have had more development playing week in and out with us. Also as a fan it would be nice to see young player reach as near to their potential as possible with us before they are sold. 

If we get the right price and it it is used to finance a rebuild then I think we should cash in. If we get a terrible price and the money disappears into a black hole I'll be livid. All depends on what Knapper has planned and how he negotiates... in fairness to Webber he never got his pants pulled down on transfer fees when we were selling.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

in fairness to Webber he never got his pants pulled down on transfer fees when we were selling.

Although weirdly not so true when it came to buying (at least when it came to spending decent money (Tszolis, Rashica, Normann etc)

Rowe will be on his way in the summer, so if we can whack the price up now and get in a couple of decent replacements (winger and DM) then that might prove a wise move, as much as it would feel a shame to see him leave.

1 hour ago, rock bus said:

Although weirdly not so true when it came to buying (at least when it came to spending decent money (Tszolis, Rashica, Normann etc)

Agree 100% on that - hence why I said "when selling"!! 

1 hour ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

If we get the right price and it it is used to finance a rebuild then I think we should cash in. If we get a terrible price and the money disappears into a black hole I'll be livid. All depends on what Knapper has planned and how he negotiates... in fairness to Webber he never got his pants pulled down on transfer fees when we were selling.

The only reason (and I still wouldn't be a fan) to sell in January would be if a desperate Prem club was willing to spend stupid money we couldn't get near in the summer. And I can't see any of them paying that sort of money for him..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

The only reason (and I still wouldn't be a fan) to sell in January would be if a desperate Prem club was willing to spend stupid money we couldn't get near in the summer. And I can't see any of them paying that sort of money for him..

Fair point, but we've seen in other players that sometimes it's best to sell while they're on form and maximise your dosh. Aarons and Cantwell we sold too late but Lewis, Godfrey, Murphys, Pritchard we sold at the absolute maximum they would ever go for. Depends how good we think Rowe is I suppose and depends if we think he'll be the difference between promotion or not. I don't think we're going up with or without him as I can't see us coming through the play-offs (although there is a good chance we'll finish in the top six).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

I think there’s a couple of nuances to these deals. While we got good money for both. I don’t think either twin has developed as well as was expected of them. Part of that in my mind was that their moves came too quickly for them, young players need game time and once sold they did a lot of bench warming at clubs. Sadly this was at a time when the club clearly needed money. I’m not saying with what’s happens they were not good deals financially because they clearly are. What I am saying is I think if both had stayed their career would have had more development playing week in and out with us. Also as a fan it would be nice to see young player reach as near to their potential as possible with us before they are sold. 

When Josh Murphy was on loan at Preston from Cardiff Frankie McAvoy (who of course was here as a coach) dug him out in the press for not working hard enough, and them bombed him out of the squad for being unprofessional. 

He was also given time out from the 1st team squad at Norwich for unprofessional behaviour and was forced by Farke to apologise to his teammates. And now he's struggling to make an impact in League One for Oxford United.

Jacob Murphy is valued by Eddie Howe in an expensive Newcastle squad and has played Champions League football, how much better could he have expected to get? 

Identical twins don't have identical personalities, and for whatever reason Josh's wasn't one that was conducive to thriving in the game but Jacob's was. 

9 minutes ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

When Josh Murphy was on loan at Preston from Cardiff Frankie McAvoy (who of course was here as a coach) dug him out in the press for not working hard enough, and them bombed him out of the squad for being unprofessional. 

He was also given time out from the 1st team squad at Norwich for unprofessional behaviour and was forced by Farke to apologise to his teammates. And now he's struggling to make an impact in League One for Oxford United.

Jacob Murphy is valued by Eddie Howe in an expensive Newcastle squad and has played Champions League football, how much better could he have expected to get? 

Identical twins don't have identical personalities, and for whatever reason Josh's wasn't one that was conducive to thriving in the game but Jacob's was. 

Yep. I think Jacob has made the best of himself and has had/is having a good career.

11 hours ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

I don't think we should let the club off the hook by blaming Rowe if he leaves this month.

The club can't wait to get their hands on a big pile of cash in reality, and I bet Rowe would have no problem at all with playing on for 4 more months if we just told him that he can leave in the summer. 

If the statements are correct, and I am not certain they are, he says he is on his way. If that is the case, how do you propose the club could stop him ?
No difference with Emi, had the club refused to let him go, he just wouldn’t have played. The grass is not always greener though and once he is fit, could find the boot on the other foot, with Villa offloading him.

Personally if I was an EPL manager and I had £20m to spend, not sure I would gamble it on Rowe ‘ AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME ‘.

2 minutes ago, Well b back said:

If the statements are correct, and I am not certain they are, he says he is on his way.

If he says he's on his way then surely that means the club has accepted an offer?

In order for a player to leave we have to accept an offer. He's contracted here.

We could easily just tell him and his agent that we'd accept any offer of £18m in June or July but he's not leaving a day before.

Selling one of our best players when within 2 points of the play offs is just pathetic.

17 minutes ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

I don’t mean their potential now. I mean they were sold by us before they had a chance to get to their full potential at Norwich. 

i take your point about Josh and his poor attitude. It’s all hypothetical at the end of the day and we did get good fees for the players they have turned out to be. 

23 minutes ago, Well b back said:

If the statements are correct, and I am not certain they are, he says he is on his way. If that is the case, how do you propose the club could stop him ?

Rowe himself has said he's on his way?  ...Was that on social media or something?

12 hours ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

We don't know the financial reality of the club. Its obviously not in a great place money-wise and it seems FFP is now starting to find some teeth.

Well we'll obviously have to wait and see what happens until the closing minutes of the January transfer window....Bearing in mind the first renewal for Season Tickets is but a few weeks away - and if Jo Jo was to Go Go and was replaced with a ho hum replacement? Would it then impact on renewals of ST's? We are on the fringe of the play-offs and to sell Rowe would be counter-productive to achieve the hopeful target of at least making a go of promotion....Plenty of games to play until May....

There are those (me included) that will renew come hell or high water in February....and the club obviously plays on that loyalty. But I wonder what the general consensus will be if ST prices are raised as well as them selling our decent playing assets?.... 

16 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Interesting, given it is NCFC who should be doing any ‘rejecting’.  Football is entirely fecked, isn’t it?!

I very much doubt a club would bother making an offer if they knew Rowe wasn't interested. I know it's against the rules but I'm sure it happens every day. And I'd be pretty certain that we do it too.