Sign in to follow this  

Did anyone else notice, he didn’t celebrate the two goals, and looked uninterested throughout the game?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, not a clue said:

Did anyone else notice, he didn’t celebrate the two goals, and looked uninterested throughout the game?

He had a very strange, almost inconsolable look on his face at the end when Klopp was hugging him 

I noticed he had a Liverpool shirt on underneath his coat, and he joined in with a number of Liverpool chants. I'm glad I am nit the only one who noticed such stuff, so well done you.

• Haha 3

Not surprising to see him not celebrating hugely in a game we knew we were going to lose and rested our better players for that reason.

Yes, Wagner's behaviour was uncharacteristically downbeat today. This made me wonder if he's been told we don't need his services anymore and we'll get an announcement tomorrow.

Or maybe I'm just being a drama queen.

1 hour ago, not a clue said:

Agreed - it looked very strange. Sure when a team scores a consolation goal, managers often don't react but to sit there almost scowling when the equaliser went in was bizarre. The coaching staff were grabbing him attempting to produce some life but failed. Perhaps he's just been told before the game he'd been sacked or something. It certainly looked well peculiar.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Agreed - it looked very strange. Sure when a team scores a consolation goal, managers often don't react but to sit there almost scowling when the equaliser went in was bizarre. The coaching staff were grabbing him attempting to produce some life but failed. Perhaps he's just been told before the game he'd been sacked or something. It certainly looked well peculiar.

There will be some who will see it as otherwise i am sure.

I think he was probably being realistic. Not many managers would be jumping around when we'd just equalised mid-way through the first half of a game we were being dominated in. And of course he wasn't overly celebrating Sainz's consolation goal, because it was a consolation.

6 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Wagner had a bet with Ivan Toney on 5-1

• Haha 1

Wagner was sacked last summer, but has been kept on as we cannot afford to pay him off, just yet. That is why Rowe has been sold to Brentford. I noticed Sainz shaking his head which suggests he did not think we would win, and who was Kenny pointing to in the second half ? It looks like Onel has played his last game, as anyone watching him applaud our fans would recognise that gesture. I expect Knapper will try to sell as many as possible to avoid our imminent bankruptcy.

Or it was a fcuk you Knapper moment; you haven't supported me with squad strengthening so I'll put 2 Keepers on the bench...

3 hours ago, hogesar said:

Not surprising to see him not celebrating hugely in a game we knew we were going to lose and rested our better players for that reason.

Not even when we equalised,  or didn't feel a little bit happy for one of his players scoring a great goal at Anfield.  

2 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

Just been told we are selling Sargent and Rowe and not signing anyone . 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Or it was a fcuk you Knapper moment; you haven't supported me with squad strengthening so I'll put 2 Keepers on the bench...

Agreed, 2 keeper's on the bench what's that all about?  

3 hours ago, RobJames said:

I noticed he had a Liverpool shirt on underneath his coat, and he joined in with a number of Liverpool chants. I'm glad I am nit the only one who noticed such stuff, so well done you.

Your constant attempt at shutting down any type of debate is massively tedious, I have to say. People thought Wagners reaction, rightly or wrongly, was strange. Either add to the debate or do something else positive. You'll feel better, thrust me.

• Like 2

Hopefully its let the Knapper revolution begin, and hes finally decided to tell Wagner his time is up.

We need better than Onel, Placheta and id now add Fass to that list.

It would be criminal to.go with just Barnes and Idah as Sarg backup.

And another error prone performance from Gibson

Whilst we'd love a cdm to partner Kenny and push Sara more advanced, our defence has been really poor once again, and we need to freshen and tighten up with a younger proposition which, if sorted, could make us much harder to beat.

Just a few things for Kanpper to think about, as aswell as whether Wagner is staying or is to be replaced

He can’t quit, because he’s owed money

he can’t get fired, because he keeps doing just enough to stay employed and we can’t afford to sack him

hes not got a massive connection to the fanbase or anything

hes just sort of “existing” in this role

Maybe he’s just knackered of it all?

• Like 2