Sign in to follow this  
bringbackchippy

Proves what we are

1 hour ago, bringbackchippy said:

Shi.te!

A bang average at best, championship side.

Shows are poor players, Stacey, Fastnack, Hernandez, Barnes, Gibson. Shows the players that give the ball away in bad areas, Fastnack, Mcallum, McLean and Stacey. 

I know it's Liverpool but....

Why didn't he start with Sainz?? A question of how many l fear

So a decent attempt with a number of second string players away at the premier league leaders is in your opinion ****e! You do know Gibson scored.

Maybe worry about Maidstone eh!

• Like 3

Shi.te!

Shows are poor players, Stacey, Fastnack, Hernandez, Barnes, Gibson. Shows the players that give the ball away in bad areas, Fastnack, Mcallum, McLean and Stacey. 

Style of play, not what we are. Its what the players are forced to do. Playing out from the back against a pressing side with the quality of Liverpool, only one outcome.

Insanity - doing the same thing again and again and expecting different results.

6 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Might I politely ask why you make this accusation (which is pretty serious) when a re-read of the OP shows no such signs of this?

Because of his posting history which me and many others haven't forgotten even if they were deleted by moderators.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

Really? A hell of a lot of them made a very long and expensive journey today to support the team, when they could all have watched it on ITV.

True, but they aren’t the morons posting on here!

I really liked the way Maidstone’s win went hand in hand with reference to community and diversity, they appeared awake to the wider aspects. 

16 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

So a decent attempt with a number of second string players away at the premier league leaders is in your opinion ****e! You do know Gibson scored.

Maybe worry about Maidstone eh!

Today wasn’t the embarrassment that many feared it was going to be but I also wouldn’t go so far as calling it a decent attempt.

Maidstone of the sixth tier can put in a performance against Ipswich but we're content with a 5-2 defeat against a team 1 division above. 

27 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

Maidstone of the sixth tier can put in a performance against Ipswich but we're content with a 5-2 defeat against a team 1 division above. 

Maybe go and watch Maidstone regularly then!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Because of his posting history which me and many others haven't forgotten even if they were deleted by moderators.

If you say so. I was judging things purely by your response to the OP. I was unaware of what may have happened before. 

18 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Maybe go and watch Maidstone regularly then!

Lol. What an utterly daft thing to say.

No logic to it whatsoever. I'm a Norwich fan and I'm allowed to have an opinion without some pleb telling me to go and support Maidstone. 

Edited by Chelm Canary

10 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

Lol. What an utterly daft thing to say.

No logic to it whatsoever. I'm a Norwich fan and I'm allowed to have an opinion without some pleb telling me to go and support Maidstone. 

The Norwich fan point is debatable. What is your definition of a pleb?

11 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

The Norwich fan point is debatable. What is your definition of a pleb?

Why is the Norwich fan point debatable?

I withdraw the comment about you being a pleb. Pointless name calling with people on the internet is a waste of your time, and what's infinitely worse, a waste of my time. 

Edited by Chelm Canary

3 hours ago, bringbackchippy said:

Shi.te!

Bournmouth lost by more and they are a stable premier league team

so your argument has some serious holes in it

3 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Who cares, absolutely buzzing for Sainz! 

Hope we've got him on a long contract as he will be one of the leagues best players next season.

Back in the dim and distant days of the late 1950s and throughout the1960s (when we were a mid-table second tier side), we were considered to be a decent shot for a giantkilling - the 1959 run, plus Man Utd away against Best, Charlton, Law etc in 1967 to name just a couple of events.

We're back to being a mid table second tier side, yet we don't even try to win a game against Liverpool because we have a very distant chance of taking part in the lottery of the playoffs. Those old memories wouldn't have happened if we'd had a manager like Wagner in charge and the playoffs to go for. A real shame we didn't play our strongest team and give them a few early tackles to try and make another memory.

1 hour ago, Chelm Canary said:

Maidstone had 2 shots in 90 minutes compared to 38 for Ipswich... it was just a freak result (albeit a bloody magnificent one).

We put in a decent performance today... not heroic, or magnificent, but certainly not a poor or embarrassing one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

Maidstone had 2 shots in 90 minutes compared to 38 for Ipswich... it was just a freak result (albeit a bloody magnificent one).

So the stars aligned for Maidstone? 

A freak result and the Maidstone keeper performance should be ignored?

The excellent finish with the 2nd Maidstone goal is inadmissible?

They showed great character and a resilient performance. 

I hope.the Maidstone manager told his players it was a freak performance and they should return to their level. 

Edited by Chelm Canary

3 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

So the stars aligned for Maidstone? 

A freak result and the Maidstone keeper performance should be ignored?

The excellent finish with the 2nd Maidstone goal is inadmissible?

They showed great character and a resilient performance. 

I hope.the Maidstone Maidstone manager told his players it was a freak performance and they should return to their level. 

Call it what you like. Stars aligned, freak result, but yes... you play that game 100 times, and Maidstone win once. I love that it happened, obviously, but they were camped in their own box for 89 minutes!

What would have happened if we'd had 2 shots today, and Liverpool had had 38? What would you have called that performance? We played pretty well today, battled hard and scored twice away to one of the best teams in world football. If you're drawing parallels between our performance and Maidstone's, we had a lot more of the match, and a lot more chances. It's a daft comparison in the first place, at the end of the day.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Call it what you like. Stars aligned, freak result, but yes... you play that game 100 times, and Maidstone win once. I love that it happened, obviously, but they were camped in their own box for 89 minutes!

What would have happened if we'd had 2 shots today, and Liverpool had had 38? What would you have called that performance? We played pretty well today, battled hard and scored twice away to one of the best teams in world football. If you're drawing parallels between our performance and Maidstone's, we had a lot more of the match, and a lot more chances. It's a daft comparison in the first place, at the end of the day.

We will have to agree to disagree on this one. 

You're painting up a logic that I disagree with. At times the defending was comical and I didn't see that at Maidstone. 

Some of the replay's of the defending today was a Muppet show and we probably would have lost to Maidstone too. 

The shining light in my opinion is saintz who shows buendia esq ability. 

10 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

We had 6 shots and Liverpool 29. At Newport the figures were 17-22. We weren't quite as battered as Maidstone but not far off.

3 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

We will have to agree to disagree on this one. 

You're painting up a logic that I disagree with. At times the defending was comical and I didn't see that at Maidstone. 

Some of the replay's of the defending today was a Muppet show and we probably would have lost to Maidstone too. 

The shining light in my opinion is saintz who shows buendia esq ability. 

What a surprise that our defending didn't look universally brilliant when we were up against hundreds of millions of pounds worth of international footballers! Come on, cut us some slack, eh? 

But yes, totally agreed about Sainz – looking like a real talent, isn't he?

4 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

But yes, totally agreed about Sainz – looking like a real talent, isn't he?

Everyone is talking about Rowe but somehow Saintz has gone under the radar. I love watching this guy.

Raw talent and can move with the ball. The same temperament as Buendia which is an issue. 

Sainz is a bigger talent than Rowe. 

I don't understand how very few have seen that. 

I love them both but sainz strikes me as a difficult player to manage. 

15 hours ago, hogesar said:

Yeah and you're a massive racist,  I don't get what your point is. If it's that we are considerably worse than Liverpool then yeah, shocking.. 

There is no excuse for leaving players completely unmarked in the box, Liverpool or not. Norwich typically defend badly whoever the opposition happens to be. Can all be traced back to John Bond.

11 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Well Liverpool did have 30 shots yesterday  and we had 6 so it’s not a million miles off either. We did not play “pretty well” unless you are in a parallel universe. 

11 hours ago, Chelm Canary said:

Everyone is talking about Rowe but somehow Saintz has gone under the radar. I love watching this guy.

Raw talent and can move with the ball. The same temperament as Buendia which is an issue. 

I can assure you he has not gone under the radar with the support at CR. Just keep it quiet though

What does it prove? Yep, we are not able to live with the best team in England currently (as shown by the league tables), individually none of our players can live with their counterparts in a straight contest. 

However, what did anyone expect? Just that! Look at each of their goals and we were the makers of our own downfall.

Fassnacht switched off for the first after Gibson played a shocking ball out, Long looped a ball out to the wing for the second rather than just passing it again around the back (if he is going to kick long it has to be at pace, he got a proper slating from Kenny), Gibson's header was frankly embarrassing for their third, Idah lost van Dijk for the fourth, Sorenson (god bless him) is not a centre back and lost Gravenbach for their fifth. 

Liverpool didn't have to try hard to score, but these mistakes arguably were caused by the weight of pressure applied from (frankly even with a few 2nd choice players) the best attacking line-up in England at the moment. Klopp's announcement was well timed, that team were up for it.

On another Saturday with that emotion removed, we could have got away with something, but once Klopp's farewell tour was announced that was gone.

But that goal by Sainz gives us a little hope for the future, so I came away in a better frame of mind than I expected.  

2 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Well Liverpool did have 30 shots yesterday  and we had 6 so it’s not a million miles off either. We did not play “pretty well” unless you are in a parallel universe. 

I'd say we played pretty well compared to expectations. A lot of people were expecting abject humiliation, but we scored twice and were within two goals of them until the last kick of the game. Not heroic, not brilliant, but decent. On to Coventry.

HOGGY HOGGY HOGGY oi oi oi

What a plonker!!. 

At least he's not a racist.

• Like 1