It's very slow for me. I might have to do some work. 😢

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Is anyone else struggling to access the non football section? It's failing to load on my Android phone using Chrome 

I don't go on that misery pit but it's not opening for me on Android Chrome either.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

I don't go on that misery pit but it's not opening for me on Android Chrome either.

Just now, dylanisabaddog said:

I've installed Edge. Don't particularly like it but it works for this site so I'll just use it for the Pinkun 

Firefox is weeping

• Like 1

Struggling to grasp why anybody would go on a football forum to discuss anything but football.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Herman said:

It's very slow for me. I might have to do some work. 😢

Noooo! There's always a way. You're just not trying hard enough 😂

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Struggling to grasp why anybody would go on a football forum to discuss anything but football.

The clue is in the name.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

The clue is in the name.

Well my website is called The Pink Un so the clue i get when i register and log in is it is about Norwich City and football.

Edited by TIL 1010

16 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Well my website is called The Pink Un so the clue i get when i register and log in is it is about Norwich City and football.

The point is, they couldn't use the non-football section to post this.

Just to add also, it's very slow for me (20-30 seconds to load), the main section is fine though... Replies are taking a while to send however.

Edited by Google Bot

49 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

The point is, they couldn't use the non-football section to post this.

Just to add also, it's very slow for me (20-30 seconds to load), the main section is fine though... Replies are taking a while to send however.

Yes it's slowed down on Edge as well now. 

I can't see the problem with the non football section. I've been introduced to lots of new music, films and tv and the nature watch thread is fantastic. Of course, we don't have to look at it if we don't want to. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I can't see the problem with the non football section. I've been introduced to lots of new music, films and tv and the nature watch thread is fantastic.

It's not for me, I must admit, but I actively try to avoid debates where there's political bias or people writing of doom and gloom which is all I can see when the latest topic reply displays at the top of this forum.   It's either something about Brexit, Keir Starmer, or Trump - I really can't be arsed with any of that tbh. 

But I am very much a head in the sand kind of person and just worry about my family and a 5-10 mile radius really, this is why I quit social media and such like places and live a much happier life because of it.

But yeah, other than that it's great for fellow supporters to not talk football as it's interesting to find out about people as it gives some background into their posts on the main sections.  No different than meeting up before/after a match really, except it's a hell of a lot cheaper! :classic_cool:

Edited by Google Bot

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

You think that's a misery pit 😮

Compared to here after a loss, it's the land of milk and honey 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Google Bot said:

It's not for me, I must admit, but I actively try to avoid debates where there's political bias or people writing of doom and gloom which is all I can see when the latest topic reply displays at the top of this forum.   It's either something about Brexit, Keir Starmer, or Trump - I really can't be arsed with any of that tbh. 

But I am very much a head in the sand kind of person and just worry about my family and a 5-10 mile radius really, this is why I quit social media and such like places and live a much happier life because of it.

But yeah, other than that it's great for fellow supporters to not talk football as it's interesting to find out about people as it gives some background into their posts on the main sections.  No different than meeting up before/after a match really, except it's a hell of a lot cheaper! :classic_cool:

It’s not just politics and doom and gloom though. Like Dylan says, there’s lots of chat about music and films. Plus the epic thread on things too dull for conversation.

I’m getting 504 error messages from it now, but the main section seems fine.

• Like 2

I can no longer access the non football section at all but the home page suggests there is clearly some activity. The football section is very slow indeed. 

Does anyone have suggestions? If you don't have any problems can you tell us which browser etc you're using? 

On 31/01/2024 at 07:17, dylanisabaddog said:

I can no longer access the non football section at all but the home page suggests there is clearly some activity. The football section is very slow indeed. 

Does anyone have suggestions? If you don't have any problems can you tell us which browser etc you're using? 

Bump.

Same for me.

My Chromebook works fine (Google,) but that has not always been the case with the Pink, and no others..

I now much prefer a Chromebook for general (surfing) use. They are cheaper, have far fewer virus problems, and being totally cloud stored means your information is automatically transferred to any newer machine you need. Used one since they first came out.

Cons:  I could never work out some of the intricacies of saving and downloads and even printing. Then again, I haven't really tried as I also have a PC, but I use Chrome on that and, once signed in, get all the benefits of Chrome whilst saving and printing via the microsoft I had previously got accustomed to.

They also have a shorter shelf-life and last just about four/five years before problems, often with chargers arise (or at least with me.)

However, you can pick up a refurbished on EBay for about £100, and they always seem to be new in any case. 

Surfing and even streaming is excellent ... with fewer dangers. I haven't bought Norton for years now, which mitigates against the shorter shelf-life expense.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Thanks 1

Football section has been different degrees of very slow for well over a week now, both on android via chrome and pc using. Firefox ...

The whole messageboard is loading slowly for me for the past few weeks, painfully slow actually. Click on a topic and it takes a good 10-15 seconds to look like it's actually doing something and moving onto display said topic. Not my connection either as happens on mobile when out and about too.

It's been slow for me, but not terribly so.

Could be the DNS server you're using for your connection if it's crawling on other sites.  But don't think i'd start playing around with anything if it's only the pinkun as it's definitely on a go slow at the moment.   But it's always worth trying something like cloudflare (1.1.1.1) or google DNS (8.8.8.8) as a comparison - not all ISPs have great DNS, and they can exacerbate problems such as these.

As a guide it's taking about 2-4 seconds to load a topic for me (Just randomly tried a few), but the notification bell takes about 5-6 seconds to populate for some reason.  It's quicker on my mobile 4G connection, oddly - so could be a combination of routing and maybe the forum is a lower priority on the server now?

Profiling the load time shows lots of idle and various delays when loading external resources, not much you can do really.

Edited by Google Bot