RobJames

lovely lolly at Liverpool

I think it sums up where we are as a club that no one is at all looking forward to a televised 4th round clash at Anfield.

1 hour ago, NewNestCarrow said:

Full opening of the new stand has been delayed, but some of the new upper tier was open just before Christmas & gate was mid 57000s.

Looks like we've taken roughly 2,500 tickets, across three lower-tier blocks.

As it is the FA Cup we are entitled to 15% of the total capacity, around 9,000 approx. However that will be dependent on segregation, and I should imagine our numbers will be far nearer to 2,500 than 9000

Prices are high, by our standards, for an FA Cup game (see below) so if nothing it should be a 'good earner'

https://www.canaries.co.uk/content/ticket-information-for-fa-cup-clash-against-liverpool

1 minute ago, Ulfotto said:

I think it sums up where we are as a club that no one is at all looking forward to a televised 4th round clash at Anfield.

You presume the 'whiners' represent the club - they don't. I am sure there are plenty looking forward to seeing City in a complete game. Not every City fan can get to Carrow Road. There are thousands of passionate exiled City fans not only around the UK but the globe, as well.

Pubs around the City as well as the county will give lie to your all too predictable attempt to yet again slag off our club - as that is what your whine is about.  We are away to one of Europe's top clubs while we are facing a massive income drop. No one is under any illusions, but very, very few are using this game as yet another peg to hang your hatred of the club on.

The 'magic' of the cup has always been about the under dog putting one over a 'big un'. It is only you and your kind who have tried to put over that City are not the under dog and because we are not currently in the PL everything is a failure. They'll be 2500 in the Anfield Road end, who do not share that bollox - and tens of thousands elsewhere who similarly see your whine as bollox.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RobJames said:

You presume the 'whiners' represent the club - they don't. I am sure there are plenty looking forward to seeing City in a complete game. Not every City fan can get to Carrow Road. There are thousands of passionate exiled City fans not only around the UK but the globe, as well.

Pubs around the City as well as the county will give lie to your all too predictable attempt to yet again slag off our club - as that is what your whine is about.  We are away to one of Europe's top clubs while we are facing a massive income drop. No one is under any illusions, but very, very few are using this game as yet another peg to hang your hatred of the club on.

The 'magic' of the cup has always been about the under dog putting one over a 'big un'. It is only you and your kind who have tried to put over that City are not the under dog and because we are not currently in the PL everything is a failure. They'll be 2500 in the Anfield Road end, who do not share that bollox - and tens of thousands elsewhere who similarly see your whine as bollox.

Im sick of these Whitney Houston ballad lyric “there can be miracles if you believe” childish posts.

Its time for the 80%ers to grow up.

Edited by The Real Buh

40 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

I think we can safely say that Rob James and the Carrow Rd bean counters are definitely looking forward to it ( big smile )

8 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I saw the Grant Holt headed equaliser where the famous Liverpool atmosphere was totally absent. 

Went absolutely bananas for that goal 😂

Was sat in the main stand for this with my young son - his first game...think we woke up most of the other residents with our cheering until the dirty looks and whispered comments made us sit down.    Couldn't resist a few chants of OTBC as full time approached.   Yes, it was a library - to be fair, I've been to a few Liverpool games, even against Man Utd the legendary atmosphere seemed somewhat flat.   They do like to use their stadium speakers to pump up the volume....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ulfotto said:

That's not what I'm picking up from this thread at all.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

Seen us win 2-0 there, a Mark Lawrenson og and a Martin O neill 30 yarder

I was there for that one. We were visiting family in  Hull. I managed to convince my old man it was only a short trip across the M62...😊

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

My only trip to Anfield was many moons ago, 85/86 when we lost 5-0 in the cup. Might be time to have another look…

I’ve only seen us win there once….. 3-1.

Shame it was 49 years ago.

Some back of Fag Packet numbers for NCFC:

Rd 3 - £120,000 (gate) + £105,000 (prize)

Rd 4 - £800,000 (gate) + £110,000 TV

Which will be nice ....

13 minutes ago, NewNestCarrow said:

Some back of Fag Packet numbers for NCFC:

Rd 3 - £120,000 (gate) + £105,000 (prize)

Rd 4 - £800,000 (gate) + £110,000 TV

Which will be nice ....

I'm being slightly facetious here but the Liverpool game is likely to yield more than twice as much as increasing season tickets by 3% according to this fag packet:

21,000 STs x £500 avge price x 3% = £315,000

Hopefully a bit of a rethink there rather than just pass any increase in running costs onto the customer.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

I'm being slightly facetious here but the Liverpool game is likely to yield more than twice as much as increasing season tickets by 3% according to this fag packet:

Hopefully a bit of a rethink there rather than just pass any increase in running costs onto the customer.

With or without FA Cup money surely they daren’t have even thought about putting up ST prices.

Just now, ......and Smith must score. said:

With or without FA Cup money surely they daren’t have even thought about putting up ST prices.

3% was the number mentioned on this forum a while back. The reality is it could be higher or lower but I doubt it will be going down.

On 18/01/2024 at 08:30, FenwayFrank said:

Seen us win 2-0 there, a Mark Lawrenson og and a Martin O neill 30 yarder

I think I was there for that one. I seem to recall a handful of Man Utd fans (game cancelled or something) thought it would be a good idea to come into our end, they got short shrift from the Norwich fans though.

I also recall it was a snowy drive back to Yarmouth through the edge of the peak district.

On 18/01/2024 at 08:49, Terminally Yellow said:

I saw the Grant Holt headed equaliser where the famous Liverpool atmosphere was totally absent. 

Went absolutely bananas for that goal 😂

That was brilliant. Wasn't there but I always recall the MOD highlights comment - Holt was putting that ball in the net - goalkeeper and all if I precis it. Magnificent. 

Unless we go on a run to the play-offs, this game will be the highlight of my/our season, imo. Great draw, great exposure and potentially very rewarding for the Club. It will be our season's show-piece.

It would be a miracle if we win it, but the boys are capable, on their day, of putting up a decent showing as long as there is not another Wagner "wobbly" and he decides to park the bus. 

20 hours ago, RobJames said:

Have you ever heard of Quasimodo by any chance??

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

We can but hope.

2 minutes ago, essex canary said:

We can but hope.

Today is 19th January so i would imagine everything is already at the printers waiting to posted so it lands on doormats within the next couple of weeks.

I’m made up at this.  I live maybe an hour from Anfield on public transport, half an hour driving, and I’ve got my tickets this morning. I know we will likely lose, but Thank you to the God of Football, and AFCON…. Unfortunate for Mo Salah, but I’ll take it…

22 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Today is 19th January so i would imagine everything is already at the printers waiting to posted so it lands on doormats within the next couple of weeks.

Probably approved without a full and frank discussion at the OSP having created the diversionary tactic about over 75's.

16 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Probably approved without a full and frank discussion at the OSP having created the diversionary tactic about over 75's.

Is that a fact or a conspiracy theory of yours? 

Edited by TIL 1010

5 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Is that a fact or a conspiracy theory of yours? 

Very much the impression given by the last set of OSP Minutes.

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

it is easy to shout "subsidise us" but what about these considerations?

• If wages of NCFC employees are rising then shouldn't ticket prices also go up?
  • The state pension, national minimum wages & average UK wages are all increasing by more than 3%
  • If cup income is used to subsidise ticket prices then are you happy that NCFC's budget for transfer fees, contract renewals & player-wages will decrease?

Food for thought, not my actual position.

On 17/01/2024 at 22:42, cambridgeshire canary said:

Typical Norwich defensive performance. Liverpool players given so much time and space. No one marking anyone. No tackles. Liverpool could just pick their spots.

Norwich have learnt no defensive lessons during the intervening period. Familiar failings littered all over this season.

Club needs reset starting foremost with new fans. Bondesque football = laughing stock.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, NewNestCarrow said:

• If wages of NCFC employees are rising then shouldn't ticket prices also go up?
  • The state pension, national minimum wages & average UK wages are all increasing by more than 3%
  • If cup income is used to subsidise ticket prices then are you happy that NCFC's budget for transfer fees, contract renewals & player-wages will decrease?

NCFC ticket prices should be subject to a fundamental review benchmarking against other clubs adjusting for our comparative lack of OAP and youth concessions in the South Stand in particular whilst also ensuring that the the price levels are suitable for Norfolk's socio economic demographic. ST's should not be the only metric when casual sales are well down and neglected. The proposals should also focus on solving the atmosphere problem. Staff budgets are probably too bloated anyway at higher levels both playing and non-playing so adjustments need to be made accordingly. Perhaps most important of all is the amount of Interest paid to Norfolk Group.

58 minutes ago, NewNestCarrow said:

The amount raised through an increase in ticket prices of the nature mooted is so minimal in the grand scheme of things that it will be a hugely misplaced move if they do it and claim it is necessary to meet rising costs. Firstly as has been shown here, one decent FA Cup tie will raise more than twice the amount in one fell swoop without having to hit fans who are already struggling in the pocket. Secondly, certain people who have failed miserably in their jobs for the last two to three years are still being paid salaries (and no doubt bonuses) that dwarf the amount raised by any such price increase. It will be a terrible look but sadly no less than I expect of our club at the moment. 

On 17/01/2024 at 22:09, Robert N. LiM said:

That's the spirit.

Really feel we football fans have been propagandised into caring far too much about money. I hate it when the media describes the play-off final as 'the richest game in football', or 'the £150M match' or whatever. It's about your team playing in the top flight.

I get that the money from a trip to Anfield will be welcome, and I get that the club need to care about such things, but as a fan I couldn't care less about what we earn from it. We're going to play Liverpool at Anfield and it's on terrestrial TV. Obviously it might be (will probably be) an embarrassing defeat, but if they underestimate us, who knows? And we've got a couple of good players who have the ability to create a memorable moment - even if we lose in the end. Are we really all so jaded that we're not looking forward to this?

Unfortunately, and it’s a sad fact that money (wherever it comes from) is the dominant factor in modern day football. That was one of the main, but not only, reason why we failed so miserably in the Premier League. Pretty much every club in the Premier League has been bankrolled to the tune of hundreds of millions of pounds (or more) to stay in the Premier League. And how much have our owners put in?

It has become like trying to climb Everest (and I hope Webber doesn’t do this) in roller skates.

Whilst any extra money is welcome into the club’s coffers, it is absolute peanuts in the bigger picture-maybe it’s worth it, but I don’t hold out any great hopes next weekend but for those who do go, enjoy your day out!

1 hour ago, NewNestCarrow said:

8 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

The amount raised through an increase in ticket prices of the nature mooted is so minimal in the grand scheme of things that it will be a hugely misplaced move if they do it and claim it is necessary to meet rising costs. Firstly as has been shown here, one decent FA Cup tie will raise more than twice the amount in one fell swoop without having to hit fans who are already struggling in the pocket. Secondly, certain people who have failed miserably in their jobs for the last two to three years are still being paid salaries (and no doubt bonuses) that dwarf the amount raised by any such price increase. It will be a terrible look but sadly no less than I expect of our club at the moment. 

Two equally valid opposing views. Additionally, we have the likelihood, possibly, probably of losing one or more of our best players. It's not the ideal scenario to be increasing prices again but I guess after a bit of gnashing of teeth it will be quickly forgotten, or so the club hopes.