cambridgeshire canary

Wagner talks about incoming players and transfers..

Tbf knapper don’t really need to keep him on board with any of it if he plans to sack him soon anyway !!!

1 hour ago, Soldier on said:

Tbf knapper don’t really need to keep him on board with any of it if he plans to sack him soon anyway !!!

But then there is no point in bringing in new players until the new manager is in place, the style that they want to play is known  along with the players that they want to play it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Involving Wagner with transfers at this moment  really does mean he is not going anywhere soon,  the club do not care what the fans think

• Like 1

i am glad he does not know 

that means he has not recommended any ,

we do not want a repeat of last transfer window with wagner and webber ,

also with Wagner here how can we sign anyone ? 

if you were a player you would want to know who manager was going to be in 1 to 6 months time wouldn't you ? ,

if you were a Striker you would think how many chances do i get per game ,

until we have a Plan a new Manager with a style and set tactics hard to buy anyone 

41 minutes ago, Conrad said:

But then there is no point in bringing in new players until the new manager is in place, the style that they want to play is known  along with the players that they want to play it. 

We will be in limbo the rest of this season. Wagner will do enough, or I should say the results won't quite be bad enough, for Knapper to sack him. I have a horrible feeling he will be here at the start of next season as well.

Asking a manager of a club who are struggling in January about transfers is a futile exercise. They’re going to give absolutely nothing away.

• Like 7

56 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

if you were a player you would want to know who manager was going to be in 1 to 6 months time wouldn't you ? ,

until we have a Plan a new Manager with a style and set tactics hard to buy anyone 

But if he’s not involved now was he involved in the summer? Is it that our structure is the coach identifies areas needing addressing, the SD sets the scouts the task of finding players in those areas available and legitimate targets and then the SD gets the contracts done! Then presents the players to the coaching staff? I don’t know?

We need a striker to replace Hwang as back up for number 9.

We need a CDM

We don't at this stage realistically 'need' any more to see out a season that we can pretty much write off.

2 loans of those and we can plan further ahead for summer 

Knapper must know of 2 players that fit that from all the work he's done. We must also have the funding to pay the wages

All the real work on transfers ins and outs needs to be planned for summer. That includes stripping the dead wood.

I reckon we'll loan out a lot more than we get in, though

Edited by nu_matik

6 minutes ago, nu_matik said:

We need a striker to replace Hwang as back up for number 9.

We need a CDM

We don't at this stage realistically 'need' any more to see out a season that we can pretty much write off.

2 loans of those and we can plan further ahead for summer 

Knapper must know of 2 players that fit that from all the work he's done. We must also have the funding to pay the wages

All the real work on transfers ins and outs needs to be planned for summer. That includes stripping the dead wood.

I reckon we'll loan out a lot more than we get in, though

We also need a right back. Fisher is not ready and Stacey is regressing from his early season form. 

13 minutes ago, River End Rocker said:

We also need a right back. Fisher is not ready and Stacey is regressing from his early season form. 

You're probably right that we do need an RB but it's clear to me that Wagner trusts who he has. And as we're on the verge a write off season, he won't get anyone in.

The guy from Wolves does look unsure of he's someone we can afford long term and what's the point in a half season loan here to him?

4 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

"I don't know" 🙃

This is probably the most heinous of all your clickbait crimes so far.

1 hour ago, Indy said:

But if he’s not involved now was he involved in the summer? Is it that our structure is the coach identifies areas needing addressing, the SD sets the scouts the task of finding players in those areas available and legitimate targets and then the SD gets the contracts done! Then presents the players to the coaching staff? I don’t know?

it used to be head scout / recruitment  / DOF and Manager sit down and discuss what is needed and data etc 

Listing Targets and also who knew who etc so many people involved you could not say he picked or found him without being there in person 

so last summer could of all been Webber or half and half who knows , 

Edited by norfolkngood

10 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

This is probably the most heinous of all your clickbait crimes so far.

I appreciate what Cambridge does on this board. I don't need to go scouring the internet to find the latest news; I just come on here, confident that Cambridge will have unearthed even the most trivial story or comment or article. It saves me loads of time.

EDIT: And at least he isn't one of the few who spend all their time on here picking fights with other posters and insulting them.

Edited by canarybubbles
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

I appreciate what Cambridge does on this board. I don't need to go scouring the internet to find the latest news; I just come on here, confident that Cambridge will have unearthed even the most trivial story or comment or article. It saves me loads of time.

EDIT: And at least he isn't one of the few who spend all their time on here picking fights with other posters and insulting them.

Oh, completely agree. I think and hope that @cambridgeshire canary knew my comment was tongue in cheek. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

We have a striker that had three chances on Saturday!

13 hours ago, Indy said:

By scouts, do you mean a couple of local unemployed computer geeks who spen their day on Football Manager?

Edited by ged in the onion bag

24 minutes ago, Alfie54 said:

We have a striker that had three chances on Saturday!

Very true ! i forgot about that ! 

13 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

By scouts, do you mean a couple of local unemployed computer geeks who spen their day on Football Manager?

i do not know about now but we did have a big network years ago before Webber ,

starts off with  regional then to national then to head scout , in many different countries ,

the head scout would only go to games where he was looking at a player who was recommended from below ,

of course he could find someone of interest at his game that he had not gone to watch etc ,

i can not comment on Webber era as i do not know but before that we had a Good network 

When Alex Neil came he was blown away with the scouting as he was not used to it 

• Like 1

I thought Knapper and Wagner had come up with a list of requirements? Wagner made a big thing about being 'excited' by this list. Knapper was then to discuss capital requirements with Attanasio.

Possibly this has all been kicked into touch, or Wagner won't be involved in the next stage. Either way not really much to be read into this.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I thought Knapper and Wagner had come up with a list of requirements? Wagner made a big thing about being 'excited' by this list. Knapper was then to discuss capital requirements with Attanasio.

Possibly this has all been kicked into touch, or Wagner won't be involved in the next stage. Either way not really much to be read into this.

i do not know but if Wagner has a say it sounds like he is in the plans ? 

unless it is short term but just say he recommends a player he knows from a club he has managed before does not sound like he is getting sacked anytime soon ,

the player might choose us over another club because of wagner ? 

i can not see how a Manager about to be sacked would be involved with signing players for future 

2 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

i do not know but if Wagner has a say it sounds like he is in the plans ? 

unless it is short term but just say he recommends a player he knows from a club he has managed before does not sound like he is getting sacked anytime soon ,

the player might choose us over another club because of wagner ? 

i can not see how a Manager about to be sacked would be involved with signing players for future 

I suppose Wagner and Knapper can identify talent gaps as well as anyone else. I don't think Wagner is going anywhere either, indeed I fear we will be here at the start of next season.

Players agents will also be heavily involved and I also fear we may have been flagged as a basketcase club at the moment. You have to be honest if you were a player and watched one of our games you'd have to question why you'd want to play in a system and style adopted by Wagner!

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I suppose Wagner and Knapper can identify talent gaps as well as anyone else. I don't think Wagner is going anywhere either, indeed I fear we will be here at the start of next season.

Players agents will also be heavily involved and I also fear we may have been flagged as a basketcase club at the moment. You have to be honest if you were a player and watched one of our games you'd have to question why you'd want to play in a system and style adopted by Wagner!

i think that might all be true ! 

Talent Gaps etc ,

i also agree about players looking at us and thinking what is NCFC at the moment  ?

a club moving forwards or going backwards ?

will they challenge next season ?

will Wagner be here ?

will they get Taken over ? 

a lot of questions to ask yourself as a player ,

If we had a New manager he could say you are in my plans , i want you to do this etc , i see you in a partnership with Sarge etc 

With Wagner being here everything is to unstable if you ask me 

• Like 1

The club's scout who visits Motherwell had better find a new disguise - some journo up there recognises him as we seem to have read a stream of rumours recently of Norwich being interested in one of their young players.

7 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

The club's scout who visits Motherwell had better find a new disguise - some journo up there recognises him as we seem to have read a stream of rumours recently of Norwich being interested in one of their young players.

the coventry scout for Norfolk / East Anglia used to wear a club Coat so everyone knew who he was and to look important ! 

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/qpr-and-norwich-city-should-look-to-hijack-blackburn-deal-after-complication/

I know We're reasonably well stocked at cb, but this is the sort of young, low risk, low fee player we should trying to be buying. Has league experience so a step up on all our up and coming academy players, and we have to look beyond Duffy,  Batth and Hanley, even though we have Warner and Thompkinson etc developing 

3 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

i do not know about now but we did have a big network years ago before Webber ,

starts off with  regional then to national then to head scout , in many different countries ,

the head scout would only go to games where he was looking at a player who was recommended from below ,

of course he could find someone of interest at his game that he had not gone to watch etc ,

i can not comment on Webber era as i do not know but before that we had a Good network 

When Alex Neil came he was blown away with the scouting as he was not used to it 

Ah, the good ol' days before DATA!  

Whatever we've got now, it ain't worked for a while.  

1 hour ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Ah, the good ol' days before DATA!  

Whatever we've got now, it ain't worked for a while.  

You are right there the money we have spent and end up with this squad is unbelievable  

Edited by norfolkngood