Sign in to follow this  
JonnyJonnyRowe

If you could sign one player (position) what would it be?

For me it would be a defensive mid or deep lying midfielder, so we can play Sara further up the pitch.

For me Sara could play behind Sargent, and Barnes can go on the bench and might be more effective when used for 15-20 minutes. 

Sara = goals if he's got the license.

Clearly we could do with a right back, and we've got a collection of substandard wingers that need replacing, and our backup keeper gives me nightmares. But if it could be just one player, it would be that.

• Like 2

Agree that's the key position and ideally supports the releasing of Sara to attack - Declan Rice could transform us into play off contenders.
But I I'd rather spend the money on a manager.....

A new goalkeeper. One that can kick the ball the length of the pitch, so that it takes longer to get returned to the edge of our penalty area. It might also give more time for our players to move up the pitch another 5 yards, so that we can be seen as a more attacking team. 🤣

A player coach to take over as manager or SD at a pinch

• Like 1

Trouble is we could sign any of the world's best players but once Wagner gets his hands on him they'd be as bad as anything we've already got.

A new Head Coach could breath new life into our squad. We're playing with shackles on at the moment and facing our own goal.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

For me it would be a defensive mid or deep lying midfielder, so we can play Sara further up the pitch.

Half agree. We need the CDM, but I'd play Sara alongside him with Nunez as the 10. Sara beginning our attacks and arriving late in the box perfectly fits his skillset. He just needs to be helped out on the defensive side.

3 hours ago, Helsinki canary said:

Agreed, Skipp or Tettey type CDM

I'll second that

Do Villa need to loan out Buendia to regain some fitness? 😬

• Like 2

There's hardly a team around that isn't constantly on the hunt for another Makelele/Kante/Rice/Rodri...

Even harder to recruit on a shoestring. 

Still though.....................

2 minutes ago, paddycanary said:

There's hardly a team around that isn't constantly on the hunt for another Makelele/Kante/Rice/Rodri...

Even harder to recruit on a shoestring. 

Still though.....................

Yes and no. We aren't hunting for a world class DM. We are hunting for a mid table champs standard midfielder who can actually read the game, put rhe ocasional challenge in and not wander off all over the pitch like an 11yr old.

Even a gary holt / Gary oneill type would do

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Canario said:

Yes and no. We aren't hunting for a world class DM. We are hunting for a mid table champs standard midfielder who can actually read the game, put rhe ocasional challenge in and not wander off all over the pitch like an 11yr old.

Yep, agreed. 

Boggles the mind how we have yet to properly replace Tettey, who himself had his limitations. Harrison Reed & Skipp plugged the gap on loan but we just can't seem to fix this glaring hole in the squad. Games are won & lost in the engine room.

Erling Haaland striker

Norwegian second gen lad, built like a robust crapper, has the speed of twinkle toes and foot like a traction engine

downsides - Ugly AF, I mean if he wasnt a pro footballer would be doomed to the life of a virgin - Leeds fan, his dad played for them so they will have first dibs Im sure. 

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Canario said:

Ipswich have just signed a good one from Blackburn, Lewis Travers.

Obviously he would have chosen them over us as a chance of promotion and making the deal permanent.

But look at Sam Morsy and how important he has been to their team. I recall us being linked with Morsy when he was a Wigan player. Ipswich signed him as a League One team. 

Edited by JonnyJonnyRowe
  • Like 1