Bradwell canary

I hope that Bristol Rovers win the replay….

20 minutes ago, RobJames said:

And if Idah had made contact with the ball when it was crossed ...... I wonder what the whiners would be grizzling about today.

And if they hadn't hit the woodwork. 

3 minutes ago, norwich canary said:

I just want Wagner gone if it takes a heavy beating at Bristol or Liverpool to do it then so be it

short term pain long term gain 

So you trust this 'awful' club to appoint a manger to lead us back to the PL, while the club is in transition ? You haven't really thought this through, have you ?

8 minutes ago, norwich canary said:

I just want Wagner gone if it takes a heavy beating at Bristol or Liverpool to do it then so be it

Surely you’re more interested in the Maidstone tie-will McKenna go if you lose?

13 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. Had Wagner not weakened the midfield so much and played one of Sara or Nunez then we would probably have beaten BRR done and dusted. 

As it stands we now have a potentially lucrative (by our standards) tie next round with the replay sandwiched between 2 tough league games. He really needs to field a full strength team in the replay and risk the consequences imo as at the end of the day we should be trying to win every game, having a run in the cup and pushing for the play-offs.

Hwang being returned today means 3 hard games in 8 days relying on Sargent returning to fitness, a rather lack lustre Barnes and Idah blowing hot and cold. An interesting week for Wagner coming up, but he's been in a make or break situation before and still clings on.

Forget the playoffs and go for a cup run, we are way off getting promotion, and everyone knows it would be a disaster going up with this squad.  The league is boring,  a cup run could give us all some excitement. This may sound mad , but with Sargent back why can't we go to Anfield and beat a second string Liverpool. Sounds like I am on something , I know . 

17 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I want us to win.

Then I can get a half and half scarf.

Take your Colmans one , that will be close.

16 minutes ago, norwich canary said:

Come on think about , this is where it messes us all up. Its not what any Norwich fan really wants , it's the fall back of being mainly rubbish. What we all want is Wagner to stay, [ nice bloke] , win every game to the end of the season playing great football. If it means winning the play off final and fa Cup we will all take it. No one wants us to lose we just expect to.

42 minutes ago, RobJames said:

And if Idah had made contact with the ball when it was crossed ...... I wonder what the whiners would be grizzling about today.

Oh dear. Relying on Idah making contact with the ball to score the winning goal in that game shows what a God awful game it was. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Fear has taken over with the team and manager - and fans can see it - so it is no surprise that some are coming out with these kind of statements about wanting to lose a match to avoid worse.

That fear has to be got rid of and replaced with a fresh approach and that can only come about with a change of manager - one who can bring a breath of fresh air to the club.

Norwich - whatever division we are in - should never approach any match with fear, it's a sport and despite the financial pressures, a team needs to be able to go out and play with freedom. That is what a Warnock style manager would enable - or someone like Alex Neil.

We saw Webber make a brave (or stupid) decision to sack Farke - and right now, we need someone to make a similar decision.......although to be truthful, this decision ought to be easy.

Edited by lake district canary

33 minutes ago, norwich canary said:

I assume you will be waving your phone torch at Hull Friday night ?

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Fear has taken over with the team and manager - and fans can see it - so it is no surprise that some are coming out with these kind of statements about wanting to lose a match to avoid worse…..

The state of us, eh ?

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

It takes all sorts.

Some just aren't destined to be lifetime supporters.

Or would be better off supporting Liverpool or Citeh.

53 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I want us to win.

Then I can get a half and half scarf.

Does that make you one of the 50%?

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

Come on think about , this is where it messes us all up. Its not what any Norwich fan really wants , it's the fall back of being mainly rubbish. What we all want is Wagner to stay, [ nice bloke] , win every game to the end of the season playing great football. If it means winning the play off final and fa Cup we will all take it. No one wants us to lose we just expect to.

As has been pointed out on other threads Norwich Canary is a binner, so whatever he wants is of no consequence 

• Like 1

Just now, Commonsense said:

As has been pointed out on other threads Norwich Canary is a binner, so whatever he wants is of no consequence 

It’s Waveney. Who is many things (mainly the man of a thousand user names) but a binner is not one of them. He just sounds like one recently.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

Forget the playoffs and go for a cup run, we are way off getting promotion, and everyone knows it would be a disaster going up with this squad.  The league is boring,  a cup run could give us all some excitement. This may sound mad , but with Sargent back why can't we go to Anfield and beat a second string Liverpool. Sounds like I am on something , I know . 

That 2nd string Liverpool looked rather impressive against Arsenal! Of course you never know in football what might happen but a share of the gate receipts is the aim.

If nothing else it would be interesting to see just how far away from EPL class we are. 

• Like 2

On a separate note, Middlesbrough have had two injuries in the first half of the Carabao cup against Chelsea and are currently leading, they are having a go which we would be unwilling to do.

Does anyone get bored of this self sabotage bull**** we hear from some of our fan base? 

• Like 2

Alexander-Arnold will be out! We can do this, without him they have no-one to pass to their front 3. COYY.

39 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Alexander-Arnold will be out! We can do this, without him they have no-one to pass to their front 3. COYY.

Didn’t know he’d signed for the Gasmen. They’ve got themselves a decent player there ( wink )

Being a fan and wanting your team to lose a game, regardless of the situation / outcomes is absolutely shocking behaviour. 

1 minute ago, JamieNorfolk said:

Being a fan and wanting your team to lose a game, regardless of the situation / outcomes is absolutely shocking behaviour. 

It only illustrates the depths a club has sunk to when some of it’s supporters want their team to lose.

Just now, ......and Smith must score. said:

It only illustrates the depths a club has sunk to when some of it’s supporters want their team to lose.

Says more about the fan than the club.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Just now, JamieNorfolk said:

Says more about the fan than the club.

Like everything else on here it’s just a matter of opinion. 

2 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Correct answer. Seems many forget this when responding

3 hours ago, debbie does norwich said:

I want us to win.

Then I can have a day out in liverpool

If you drive pay the kids on Stanley Park to protect your car 😂 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

At what point would a win be acceptable?

Do we want any this month?

• Like 1